Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2015

Post by The Nickman »

lol Matt's Matchups
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Nickman, the poll shows Matt's Match-ups is popular.

One thing the poll shows is the low interest in the Tipping Competition, so we probably won't invest prizes in it again, if it continues.

The photo comps have high interest on our other accounts, notably Instagram, so these will remain a priority. We may simplify them so there is just one hashtag.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Oh, I like Matt's Mathups too, GE. Easily the funniest regular column on the Greenhouse, just shading Hootz by a whisker.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

My problem with this place is the inhouse jokes. It used to be great when I was in on the inhouse jokes. Sort it out, GE.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

greeneyed wrote:Nickman, the poll shows Matt's Match-ups is popular.

One thing the poll shows is the low interest in the Tipping Competition, so we probably won't invest prizes in it again, if it continues.

The photo comps have high interest on our other accounts, notably Instagram, so these will remain a priority. We may simplify them so there is just one hashtag.
Sweet, I'll retire champion forever!
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

How did 'Pigmans bi-annual rant column' and 'Ploder or not' not rate higher? I demand a recount!
Seriously though, the site is terrific and I think this year it definitely did better with the balance of banter and discussion, well done mods.
I wonder how much the popularity of the competition stuff is dependant on where they are in the forum, something like the GHSurvivor seemed like it had potential (whether this was for disaster or gold I'm undecided) but went largely unnoticed and kind of deteriorated.

You obviously can't clog up the 'Canberra Raiders' section with all of the threads, but maybe when they start up we could have a thread in the Canberra Raiders section redirecting you to the appropriate competition sub forum post (Kind of like the results of fans voting, or boogs)? Possibly a small reminder in the game day thread? I don't know, could be too much work for little reward, but could also generate even more activity. Or perhaps it's been tried and failed before, was just a thought.

Another thought I've had is that I often like hearing about our pathways from those closer than myself, but really cbf reading through the game day threads when all I really like to know is who's doing well and how is the team travelling. I don't know what the solution is tbh, maybe I should just be less lazy and have a read or maybe if the first post on the FG game day thread could be updated with a small note of our Mounties/U20's results and who received any awards such as MOTM or players player?

Anyway, All that stuff is there already and as I said, the site is great so.... :clap: :thumbsup :clap:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We're happy to keep receiving your comments. Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GHFeedback2015

Here's some more things the fans like most...
Game day news and team announcements. Official announcement son player signings is also good.
Signing speculation.
Could improve...
Stop the in jokes and rubbish threads.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

People who hate the "in-jokes" and banter should **** right off. It's the familiarity of this forum that makes it so great, in my opinion.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

**** some people are whingers
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

The Nickman wrote:People who hate the "in-jokes" and banter should **** right off. It's the familiarity of this forum that makes it so great, in my opinion.
Exactly. This place would be dry as **** otherwise
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Lenny Leonard wrote:**** some people are whingers
It just illustrates the diversity of people who visit the GH, and their reasons why.

Some enjoy the social aspect and friendships they've developed as a result of the GH, while others just want to get raiders related info and discussion.

Neither are wrong, it's just upto the mods to balance it as best we can.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

And that's the positive thing about this forum, and how it has grown over the years

That's like some of us who come here to talk footy and joke around complaining about the sticklers who want footy and nothing else.

Guess you can't please everyone
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That's where you're wrong, dubs. The latter group are wrong.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:That's where you're wrong, dubs. The latter group are wrong.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I just wish we could place admins on our ignore list.

#TotallyNotRelatedToAbovePost.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Of course it's not

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Archer wrote:How did 'Pigmans bi-annual rant column' and 'Ploder or not' not rate higher? I demand a recount!
As if GE would allow those segments to be rated against Matt's Match Ups! It'd be a landslide
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They are not officially recognised columns. And have no hope given the content! ;)
Wayne
Sam Backo

Post by Wayne »

Being only new to the GH, I have to say, I love the banter and the in jokes. I also love Matts Matchups and hate The Nickman.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

dubby wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:**** some people are whingers
It just illustrates the diversity of people who visit the GH, and their reasons why.

Some enjoy the social aspect and friendships they've developed as a result of the GH, while others just want to get raiders related info and discussion.

Neither are wrong, it's just upto the mods to balance it as best we can.
Just as long as you balance it the way I want it we're all good Image
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

The Nickman wrote:People who hate the "in-jokes" and banter should **** right off. It's the familiarity of this forum that makes it so great, in my opinion.
Yeah, do these people want the Cowboys forum?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Hbomb wrote:Hbomb love again, in your face hanbush
How'd I get dragged into this :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Manbush wrote:
Hbomb wrote:Hbomb love again, in your face hanbush
How'd I get dragged into this :lol:
You're obviously one of those guys that doesnt get the in-jokes
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Here's some more feedback...

The site is good, just needs to relax on the unnecessary clique-ness. There are a handful of posters that ruin the forum for me, and they are too domineering. They have their opinions and if you go against it, you get trolled severe. An example is how the non-Sydney posters were disrespecting people during the Lindt Cafe siege, mocking their fear. Moments like this make it hard to stay with TheGH. If there was another Raiders site half as good, I would have stopped viewing long ago.

It's easily the best place to get Raiders information, and keeps me up to date with the Raiders in the Canberra media
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Like every site, there are things I'm not particularly interested in, but I just scroll past without comment. I hate it when people ask to have stuff blocked just because they aren't interested themselves.
Cliques are part of the attraction here, and the banter back and forward between them is just part of that, if you don't like it just scroll on by. (Pigman had a go at me about Josh McCrone in April 2013 and I haven't forgiven him yet!, so I ignore all his posts.)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sites like LU and Big Footy are far worse

We're quite blessed to have the robust and mostly respectful discussion we have really
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Cranky Old Man wrote:Like every site, there are things I'm not particularly interested in, but I just scroll past without comment. I hate it when people ask to have stuff blocked just because they aren't interested themselves.
Cliques are part of the attraction here, and the banter back and forward between them is just part of that, if you don't like it just scroll on by. (Pigman had a go at me about Josh McCrone in April 2013 and I haven't forgiven him yet!, so I ignore all his posts.)
Smart move tou haven't missed much
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

We'd like your feedback on The Greenhouse 2015

Post by The Nickman »

Lenny Leonard wrote:Sites like LU and Big Footy are far worse

We're quite blessed to have the robust and mostly respectful discussion we have really
Yeah exactly, the whingers are all just absolute ****
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Some more feedback:

I would love to see Red Raider (I think it was him) encouraged to resume his summaries of matches that he used to do a couple of years back. I usually travel O/S each year during the season and find that his coverage of what actually happened was the best available when I cant find TV coverage.

The fun regular posters, the knowledge of greeneyed and the rivalry against each other's opinions.

I just like the way info pertinent to the Raiders in particular and R/L in general is collated here in a sort of one-stop-shop.

More Nickmans.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Classic nickman
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: I would love to see Red Raider (I think it was him) encouraged to resume his summaries of matches that he used to do a couple of years back. I usually travel O/S each year during the season and find that his coverage of what actually happened was the best available when I cant find TV coverage.
THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE TOO!!

Make it happen, Red!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

More feedback:

Like insider knowledge and rumors on the forum, game day updates.

Get a regular live chat with a staff member or player every week. Try to keep the haters a bit more positive. The sky is not always falling.

If you haven't given your feedback yet, do it now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GHFeedback2015
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Jeff Steinberger wrote:Being only new to the GH, I have to say, I love the banter and the in jokes. I also love Matts Matchups and hate The Nickman.
I like this guy!@!
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Ref blaming.

IMO our fans whilst generally a relatively intelligent bunch have a sub group who blame the refs for everything.

Every club probably has said sub group, but it feels as if our sub group are bigger then other clubs sub groups.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Agreed, most other fans reckon we're a bunch of whingers