Google Search

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Google Search

Post by Canberra Milk »

I did a few google searches to see if this forum would come up, and there was nothing. what's doing? i thought this site was sent to the search engines?
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Try doing a search on Bay56 :mrgreen:
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

:lol: Bay

yea Kris it has been sent but they told us it will take a few weeks, that was maybe 2 weeks ago so give it another week and try again
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

I havent got an email back from numerous sites. Quite disappointing :(

Only 1 site has responded and they put us up. We were also their 1000th league link.

For those interested the site that added us was the Illawarra Rugby League site http://www.concreteboots.com/

Its a pretty good site with history of Rugby League in Illawarra. Also has some Canberra related stuff, Like the group 8 comp that involves Goulburn, Yass etc...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have sent the address etc to Google a few times now. The thing is that it has its own "crawler" and there is no guarantee when they will send the "crawler" out to look at Raiders sites..... If you google "canberra raiders supporters forum"..... the number 1 response is a post that Bay made on the rleague debate page....

Anyway, we have done all we can to get it on google... we just have to wait.....

I have sent the site to several league sites, but the admin don't seem to be paying much attention in the off season... so we might have to wait for that too.....

Rest assured, a number of people are doing all we can to get the site on the search engines etc (for free).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I wonder if Leagueunlimited will put us on their links page?
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

We are on the www.leaguetalk.com link page, that gets fairly decent traffic.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Good work quinny and greeneyed :D
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

greeneyed wrote:I wonder if Leagueunlimited will put us on their links page?
:toofunny :toofunny :ROFL :ROFL

Legend could you do that for us :cheers
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

No.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:No.
well that ended that :lol:
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

No.
:ROFL
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Why is legend acting like this?

Most of us still post at LU and will still continue to do so. The only ones who don't are banned. I don't understand why these forums can't cooperate side-by-side.
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

I think LU is a money making business is it not?
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

I'll make this as clear and as simple as possible.

I have put in thousands of hours into LU and invested thousands of my own money to see it become the success it is today and it took years of hard yakka to make it work properly and the work and investment continues to this very day.

Most of the members here were recruited from my website so using common sense, it has an adverse affect on that part of the site. So, why should I give you a link to send every new Raiders fan that finds LU over here? Our site has bills to pay and sending traffic away from the site is effectively costing us money.

Let me give you a similar scenario:

I own a bank and all my customers are poached by a rival bank but at the same time the rival bank still asks me to advertise them in the interests of fairness and keeping all the customers with a similar interest together.

Would you do that?
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Maybe your interest rates are to high?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Fair enough, I understand completely where you are coming from, but still there is no need to act like a prick about it. That is all.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Yes but Legend my point has always been that those customers 'poached' as you out it are still using your bank, sure not as much as they used to but those customers that can are still using it.

reguardless of this i do understand your veiw point, so as i have said previously the greenhouse will cop it on the chin and move on :)
tonio
David Furner

Post by tonio »

Every team needs their own dedicated forum just for themselves.

Eg: The Wall, The Kennel The West Tigpies forum and now The Greenhouse.

You'll Never Walk Alone!
RAIDERS MEMEBER #1919 - Bay 53 - Row S - Seat 18
Former Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder 2004 :)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

paulquinn49 wrote:Maybe your interest rates are to high?
:lol: :toofunny :ROFL :lol: :toofunny :ROFL
cant believe i missed that one
Last edited by Nick on February 3, 2005, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

Raider Azz wrote:Fair enough, I understand completely where you are coming from, but still there is no need to act like a prick about it. That is all.
I don't think I am at all. All I said was no. Bay was and continues to stir the pot in the hope of an argument and I'm not interested so I figure one word answers are the best way to avoid a stoush.

Cheers.
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

ok Legend, I for one will still make the odd post over at LU. :clap For all your sacrifices and investments that you have put in LU. Well Done. I just also feel this as the Raiders 'home'
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

legend wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:Fair enough, I understand completely where you are coming from, but still there is no need to act like a prick about it. That is all.
I don't think I am at all. All I said was no. Bay was and continues to stir the pot in the hope of an argument and I'm not interested so I figure one word answers are the best way to avoid a stoush.

Cheers.
need to post up here more leg, your still a De La Cruz :)
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

legend wrote:

Cheers.
Seriously Legend, what do you base that comment on :x
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

**cough cough** exnay on the stirring ay bay**
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bay56 wrote:

Inactive

Post by Inactive »

legend wrote: Let me give you a similar scenario:

I own a bank and all my customers are poached by a rival bank but at the same time the rival bank still asks me to advertise them in the interests of fairness and keeping all the customers with a similar interest together.

Would you do that?
Let me give you another scenario Legend ...

I own a bank and one of my customers (A) is abused by another customer (B) while depositing money at the counter. Customer A goes into the bank and complains about this but the bank does nothing because Customer B is a friend of the bank's manager. Another customer receives the same treatment and this hapens time and time again. In fact the manager tells them that, if they continue to complain, their accounts will be suspended. Eventually these disgruntled customers decide to set up their own bank, the peoples bank. Other customers decide to leave to the peoples bank when they see of it's popularity.

There is a happy ending to this story. You see the manager of the first bank, being a good business man, eventually realises he has made one too many **** **** mistakes. He makes a public apology to all concerned and admits to the fact that he should not have ignored the complaints and suggestions of his customers.

Would you do that?
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Raider_69 wrote:**cough cough** exnay on the stirring ay bay**
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bay56 wrote:

R_69 ... in a light hearted moment I answered greeneyed's post which I thought was quite funny. I hardly call that "Bay was and continues to stir the pot in the hope of an argument" as referred to in Legend's quite uninformed post.

Apology accepted R_69 :D
Last edited by Inactive on February 3, 2005, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

im just playin bay
you know i always got a lot time for you... and princess bay :lol:
how is princess bay doing? good i hope. Hasnt shacked up with that bloke she was after has she? 8)
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Bay56 wrote:
legend wrote: Let me give you a similar scenario:

Would you do that?
Let me give you another scenario Legend ...

I own a bank and one of my customers (A) is abused by another customer (B) while depositing money at the counter. Customer A goes into the bank and complains about this but the bank does nothing because Customer B is a friend of the bank's manager. Another customer receives the same treatment and this hapens time and time again. In fact the manager tells them that, if they continue to complain, their accounts will be suspended. Eventually these disgruntled customers decide to set up their own bank, the peoples bank. Other customers decide to leave to the peoples bank when they see of it's popularity.

There is a happy ending to this story. You see the manager of the first bank, being a good business man, eventually realises he has made one too many **** **** mistakes. He makes a public apology to all concerned and admits to the fact that he should not have ignored the complaints and suggestions of his customers.

Would you do that?
Bay, I know where you're coming from, but being that I'm one of the people that you're calling the manager, I'm annoyed. I don't want to start a fight here, I enjoy that I can talk with you, but I gave no favorable treatment to yourself, greeneyed or raiders2005, nor did I treat you any more harshly than the others.

Perhaps you might like to try a different analogy to avoid insulting me.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Clearly and simply, the customers are voting with their feet.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Jed the reference was not aimed at you ... from what I have been led to believe yes you had a part in it (and maybe even regret that?) but you did not have control of the levers. If that assumption is incorrect well then you have my pemission to feel insulted.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

You inferred that a friendship resulted in varying treatment - the only friendship that I know of between all parties involved was between myself and Tonio, so I see that as a veiled attack on myself.

But let's move forward - there's been enough heartache already, and we're all here to support the Raiders.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

jed wrote:You inferred that a friendship resulted in varying treatment - the only friendship that I know of between all parties involved was between myself and Tonio, so I see that as a veiled attack on myself.

But let's move forward - there's been enough heartache already, and we're all here to support the Raiders.
THe reference to freindship was of one in general.

And that's exactly what this forum is about.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

ok