Suggestions for The Greenhouse for 2012

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Suggestions for The Greenhouse for 2012

Post by greeneyed »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Shadow Boxer wrote:There is too many stickies so I dont want to create any more but I wonder if each player (and maybe the coach) could have their own thread (maybe in a subforum).

when they debut they get set up and over the years people who want to comment can go to that thread. People make predictions, follow their highs and lows and when they retire or leave they get archived off to a past players forum.

A thread like that on Alan Tongue would make interesting reading in a few years.
Any thoughts about this GE? I really think it's a good idea, I've seen hundreds of topics in this place with players' names as the titles, talking about their performance on the weekend or whatever and it would be nice to have all that in one topic.
I suspect it's adding a bit too much order. We'd have to create a new forum for this... and then it wouldn't be used as people prefer to discuss things in the Canberra Raiders main forum. That's why we've decided in the end to fold in some forums to others. Happy to hear other views.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We have taken up a number of suggestions already, however, merging some forums and creating a merchandise line for The Greenhouse. Thanks all for your suggestions and if you have others, please let us know.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

I'm not too sure how it has worked previously but I'd like to see the Harold Matthews Cup and the SG Ball comps have their own thread for results, talk, news etc.
My reasons may be slightly selfish as I am the assistant coach for the Central Coast Centurions in the Harold Matt's Cup in 2012. If we face the Raiders it will be the only time in my life I'll be hoping the Raiders lose haha
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We have a separate thread for the Canberra Raiders junior representatives games each year.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Kyle 89 wrote:I'm not too sure how it has worked previously but I'd like to see the Harold Matthews Cup and the SG Ball comps have their own thread for results, talk, news etc.
My reasons may be slightly selfish as I am the assistant coach for the Central Coast Centurions in the Harold Matt's Cup in 2012. If we face the Raiders it will be the only time in my life I'll be hoping the Raiders lose haha

Make sure you direct the best of em our way ;)
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

greeneyed wrote:We have a separate thread for the Canberra Raiders junior representatives games each year.
Good, I wasn't sure, I should have known ... the GH has it all.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

manbush wrote:
Kyle 89 wrote:I'm not too sure how it has worked previously but I'd like to see the Harold Matthews Cup and the SG Ball comps have their own thread for results, talk, news etc.

Make sure you direct the best of em our way ;)
:lol: If we can keep Manly's filthy grubby hands off them i might :lol:
Irwinfletch
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Irwinfletch »

How about listing the threads in order according to the most recent dated entries?.

Or perhaps applying a filter to click on (replies/views or date?)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Irwinfletch wrote:How about listing the threads in order according to the most recent dated entries?.

Or perhaps applying a filter to click on (replies/views or date?)
Threads are already listed in order according to the most recent posts on each board (or am I misunderstanding?)

Plus you can click on "View new posts" and the threads appear from the whole site in order of the most recent posts or "View active topics" (top of the page).

Or you can sort threads for the last week up to the last year, or all time... by author, replies, views, post time or subject... in ascending or desending order on each board (bottom of the page).
Irwinfletch
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Irwinfletch »

Nope your on the money, never really payed attention to that :shock:

Well you can disregard that suggestion!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Gospel wrote:The Gospel asks the GH to release a range of merchandise, he is angry that he is not able to sit getting aggravated with Mein Furhners and not having a GH stubby cooler to keep his drink
If I ever meet The Gospel, I'm going to give him/her a GH stubby holder.