Site upgrade

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

skeepe
Jason Croker

Re: Site upgrade

Post by skeepe »

Sterlk wrote:Thanks for that, it turned out all my problems were caused by the filter I employed on my adblock tool to remove the site banner and its ungodly loading time, fixed it now.

By the unread posts thing, I meant this little thingy:

I can see it now, so all is well. The only thing I still can't figure out is how to delete your own posts (see above).
You can't delete your own posts unless you have literally just posted it. As soon as it has been read by someone else or another post has been posted in that thread, that functionality disappears, at least that's my understanding of it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bipolar Bear wrote:
Sterlk wrote:Hmm, I can't find any "view unread posts" buttons like we used to have. Have I just not found it yet or is it not there?
On the front page of the forums, between the Donate button and the Welcome To The Greenhouse forum are the options View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
Sterlk wrote:Also, there doesn't seem to be any indicator as to which threads have new posts. On the old format GH we had a page-like thing to the left of the thread title that was green for unread, white for read. What does this one have? I'm just getting empty white space.
Icons with a blue border are ones that you've read the most recent post, while red circled icons have new posts since you opened the thread. The ones with new posts also have the tiny orange square with the black arrow that you can click to take you to the first new post of the thread
I was finding it hard to adjust to the page numbers being right justified, but I hadn't discovered that feature, it saves time compared to the old style - you don't actually have to click the page number at all any more.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

greeneyed wrote:
Bipolar Bear wrote:The ones with new posts also have the tiny orange square with the black arrow that you can click to take you to the first new post of the thread
I was finding it hard to adjust to the page numbers being right justified, but I hadn't discovered that feature, it saves time compared to the old style - you don't actually have to click the page number at all any more.
This was on the old-style forums as well, made it simple to go directly to the new discussion.

Personally, I only click on page numbers if I'm trying to locate old posts in a thread, takes too long otherwise.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bipolar Bear wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Bipolar Bear wrote:The ones with new posts also have the tiny orange square with the black arrow that you can click to take you to the first new post of the thread
This was on the old-style forums as well, made it simple to go directly to the new discussion.

Personally, I only click on page numbers if I'm trying to locate old posts in a thread, takes too long otherwise.
And to think, all that time, I was double clicking unnecessarily!
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

greeneyed wrote:
Bipolar Bear wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

And to think, all that time, I was double clicking unnecessarily!
From memory, it was in the same place, but it was a dark green piece of paper with an arrow going into it.

If for some reason you've got images of the old site, you should be able to see it. It's a great feature. :P
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

WOW looking good in here today, nice work Skeepe :thumbsup
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Prefered the old style but thats just be a guy who doesnt like change
im sure by the time the season kicks off ill be well used to the new look and love it too

good job guys
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

Ω

Agree Nick, I'm sure it will grow on me.

I think I like the in thread display better on this one, but I preferred the old home page.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

"We fear change"
#BoneMcCrone
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Appreciate the work, I really do. I understand it's not a small job.

But can the black be changed to a lighter colour (dark grey?)? It's pretty harsh contrast. The thread titles are also a bit hard on the eyes being so bold.

Other than that, great job.
misteeq_raider

Post by misteeq_raider »

I hadn't been back recently during most of the off-season but I noticed the new design, I love it, it looks amazing compared to the old Greenhouse, well done :)