Suggestions for 2011

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Suggestions for 2011

Post by greeneyed »

So as the season winds down... we'd be happy to hear your suggestions for the site for 2011. Are there regular features you really appreciate and would like to see retained, improved or changed? Are there features on the site that could be dropped? Are there any ideas you have for new features for the site? We're keen to hear from the users of the site.

As a memory prompt... how about these regular features... Teams and Previews threads, Game Day threads, Development threads (Toyota Cup, Queensland Cup, Raiders Junior Representatives, Canberra Raiders Cup), Canberra TV News, Fans' Choice Player of the Year, RLW Player of the Year - Raiders, Competitions.

Over to you.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Re: Suggestions for 2011

Post by -GD- »

Merge the NRL and IRL forums.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

whatwhat wrote:Merge the NRL and IRL forums.
The "view active topics" button effectively merges all the forums.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

When things start going pear shaped there seems to be a million people asking who is on the Raiders board.

We need to be prepared for a backlash against the coach now that Campo is injured. I think there should be a sticky thread that lists all the board members as they are reported in the news, so people know who they need to knock off to get themselves nominated. :) I'll get the ball rolling - that Obama story said the former Australian Ambassador to the United States Dennis Richardson was on the board. There's one.

Just joking GE, I really can't think of any major improvements.
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

what about a topic just on pet plays and tactics that the other teams like to use, so we can help DF and coaching staff out through the year.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

Like last off-season's "Raiders best game against team X" we could have a "Raiders player X's best game" to pass the time.
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

It would be good to fix the login problem and that thing like on LU where you can hover the mouse over the thread topic to see the first post would be good.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Next season im starting a NRL SUPERCOACH just for greenhouse and call it the greenhouse premiership, what do you think?
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

For competitions like the caption contest have them start in the Canberra Raiders forum so more people to get involved before moving them to the Competition forum after that round is done.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

whatwhat wrote:Merge the NRL and IRL forums.
x2.

The IRL forum has almost Zero traffic.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

Fix the login cookie problem.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry, but features that depend on phpbb as opposed to vbulletin, we can't do much about... We hope to update to the latest version of phpbb over the off season.

The log in problem... the fix there is simple... Just log in via the index page:

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/index.php
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Crusader wrote:Next season im starting a NRL SUPERCOACH just for greenhouse and call it the greenhouse premiership, what do you think?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16141
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I'm thinking a weekly column by The Naked Zombie and a video by Chicka's Shoe :D

I think the GH tried a few years back with something similar but it would be great if we could have an 'ask the club' thread or similar, even if it went to a vote and we could only get 1 query answered a week. I think people would appreciate that and would draw in more posters (plus assist in people returning regularly).
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Ecz
Brett Mullins

Post by Ecz »

Woodgers wrote:I'm thinking a weekly column by The Naked Zombie and a video by Chicka's Shoe :D

I think the GH tried a few years back with something similar but it would be great if we could have an 'ask the club' thread or similar, even if it went to a vote and we could only get 1 query answered a week. I think people would appreciate that and would draw in more posters (plus assist in people returning regularly).
Yea, I think there was a 104.7 run thing with 'ask Dave Furner'. It would be great having something similar and getting the club involved more. I'm almost certain they read the site.
TORRENS TIGERS...2009 GH PREMIERSHIP
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I know its difficult but be a bit stricter with moderating the OT 50 paragraph rants / diatribes that clog up the simplest of topics. It was hard to sort the wheat from the chaff this year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

One further question I have: What would your reaction be if we added a third Google Ad to the forum?
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

greeneyed wrote:One further question I have: What would your reaction be if we added a third Google Ad to the forum?
If it helps pay the bills im fine with it mate
Stuat
Gary Belcher

Post by Stuat »

whatwhat wrote:
greeneyed wrote:One further question I have: What would your reaction be if we added a third Google Ad to the forum?
+1
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Stuat wrote:
whatwhat wrote:
+1
+2
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Greenbits wrote:
Stuat wrote:
whatwhat wrote:
+1
+2
:cmon
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

I suggest I win all the comp's. :hmmm
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Considering I use ad-blocking tool within my browser... knock yourself out. :lol:
Spitfire3
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Harrison
Location: Northern greenmachineland. Hey, my membership number's lower than Campo's :D

Post by Spitfire3 »

I have an idea for the site.

How about a sticky thread or section devoted to original raiders-themed desktop wallpapers? I reckon having a few awesome-looking raiders wallpapers floating around the world would help increase supporter numbers and generate interest in the club where there previously was none.

Perhaps also, to encourage the effort, a yearly award for the best original wallpaper?
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Spitfire3 wrote:I have an idea for the site.

How about a sticky thread or section devoted to original raiders-themed desktop wallpapers? I reckon having a few awesome-looking raiders wallpapers floating around the world would help increase supporter numbers and generate interest in the club where there previously was none.

Perhaps also, to encourage the effort, a yearly award for the best original wallpaper?
A thread in the Lime Lounge devoted to Raiders graphics (banners, avatars, wallpapers etc) wouldn't go astray. Freddo's been creating some great banners over the long weekend, I'm sure others would like somewhere to show off their efforts too?
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

A regular podcast starring GH members would be good value.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Michael wrote:A regular podcast starring GH members would be good value.
I've actually considered this myself.
#BoneMcCrone
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Rodman wrote:
I don't have the technological wherewithal to make it happen, but I post on a couple of other forums that have their own podcasts periodically.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

x2.. that would be sick if someone has the time !
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Michael wrote:
Rodman wrote:
I don't have the technological wherewithal to make it happen, but I post on a couple of other forums that have their own podcasts periodically.
It really wouldn't be difficult. I listen to NBA podcasts that guys record over Skype.
#BoneMcCrone
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Rodman wrote:
Michael wrote:
Rodman wrote:
It really wouldn't be difficult. I listen to NBA podcasts that guys record over Skype.
Yeah, I think you just need to download a recording program. Let's make it happen.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

I would love to see more David Milne please.. :)
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
pommyraider
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse, no really it is

Post by pommyraider »

Spitfire3 wrote:I have an idea for the site.

maybe an Audio Visual thread? wallpapers, youtube, radio interviews etc.

Also, what about not doing the pick-the-team-for-the-game thing? I find it a bit of a yawn reading through 50 peoples picks. Could it be a poll instead or something where you click each squad member you'd want in and then it collates the squad from there?

really like the fact that this forum reprints all the stuff in the papers :clap:

how hard to get "5 Questions for Dave" each week? submit by email (either forum members submit or the person doing the interview writes the questions based on the hot topics on the GH). Don't want to go adding a heap of things to the big fellas plate but as the season goes on, there's plenty of speculation on here about this and that and it'd be nice to get the coach or asst coach to comment. e.g. Pommyraider asks "Dave, what have you learnt as Kangaroos asst coach with Tim Sheens?".
GreenSoul
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by GreenSoul »

pommyraider wrote:
Also, what about not doing the pick-the-team-for-the-game thing? I find it a bit of a yawn reading through 50 peoples picks. Could it be a poll instead or something where you click each squad member you'd want in and then it collates the squad from there?
Why don't u just burn a Koran while you're at it.
pommyraider
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse, no really it is

Post by pommyraider »

GreenSoul wrote:
pommyraider wrote:
Why don't u just burn a Koran while you're at it.
:roflmao

been there, done that. and seeing as it was only a few weeks ago I was questioning Tongue in the squad for 2011 I needed something else to go in with.