Outsiders - your view

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

yes, he certainly deserves his Ken Nagas status.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

I think outsiders are fine, as long as they arn't here for the sole purpose of clogging up the social forum and trolloing about the raiders.

I think outsiders opinions about the raiders coudl be qiet valuable.

Also (like said before) there is no way to police that, there is nothing stopping a bulldogs supporter signing up as "Raiders_Lime".

That or we could make each outsider take an iniation test (like the stone cutters)
Greenblooded
John Ferguson

Post by Greenblooded »

I'm in favour of letting anyone in, obviously as it is run by us it will be easy to give any troublemakers the boot.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm still of the view it would be better to have all Raiders fans..... The idea was it would be a Raiders forum run by Raiders fans for Raiders fans....

I'm sure that the outsiders we have had are very nice people, but they don't share a love of the Raiders, which was the strength of this forum.

However, I seem to be in the minority.....

So, it seems to me that if allowed in, they definitely should not be posting on the Raiders Board.... in fact, a special board for opposition fans to post in (only) would be the most preferable as far as I'm concerned....
Serial Thrilla
David Shillington

Post by Serial Thrilla »

greeneyed wrote:
So, it seems to me that if allowed in, they definitely should not be posting on the Raiders Board.... in fact, a special board for opposition fans to post in (only) would be the most preferable as far as I'm concerned....
Im with the man with the "greeneyes" on that one. Maybe the guys that run this forum should write up a proposal so that we can all discuss something solid, and then maybe fine tune it according to everyones views.

Schifty is right tho
Also (like said before) there is no way to police that, there is nothing stopping a bulldogs supporter signing up as "Raiders_Lime".
Take a name like mine "Serial Thrilla", My name gives you no hint as to what team I go for. But if I started posting bulldogs stuff, or trashing the living hell out of the Raiders with hate non stop, It would be simple to impose the 3 strikes and out rule.
It would be good to keep this forum as mainly Raiders though.
Thats just my opinion tho.

Can someone help me out...what is 'trolling'?
aiii
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Trolling is basically posting just for the sake of causing controversey/ argument.

Irs like me entering the roosters forum on LU and saying " Y
ou guys are a bunch of stupid cap rorters, why don't you learn to develop talent you bondi dead beats.
You are the scum of the earth.
That concludes "trolling 101" :D
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

greeneyed wrote:I'm still of the view it would be better to have all Raiders fans..... The idea was it would be a Raiders forum run by Raiders fans for Raiders fans....

I'm sure that the outsiders we have had are very nice people, but they don't share a love of the Raiders, which was the strength of this forum.

However, I seem to be in the minority.....

I generally agree ... this a forum primarily for the interests of Raiders supporters. But life could get rather boring if we dont allow some views and friendly pre-match banter from oppostion supporters.

As I mentioned previously, and if it is possible, I would prefer a single discussion forum be allowed on the main index for other supporters to discuss matters with Raiders supporters. This would make it easier to mod and not make the other forums, such as the social page, a free-for-all.

As I mentioned previously it has the advantage of giving more exposure to this forum, which imo is not a bad thing, despite the fact that it would get a reaction from Legend.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Does anyone have any more views on this matter ... I think a final decision before the season proper starts would be a good idea.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

yea, if anyone has anymore to say on the matter please do
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As a mod........ I don't want to have to deal with disruptive other supporters...... :lol:

This lol is better...... but the wrong colour...... :)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

greeneyed wrote:As a mod........ I don't want to have to deal with disruptive other supporters...... :lol:

unfortunatly i cant change the colour
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

greeneyed wrote:As a mod........ I don't want to have to deal with disruptive other supporters...... :lol:

Agree with the :lol:

Question ... can you restrict posting/replys to only one index forum. If yes, I would say that moding would be fairly easy.

I think once the season starts there are going to be a few opposition supporters going to LU and finding not too many there. They will then search for the premier forum and find this one. They will register as does anyone else. From that point it is a matter of identifying their status and applying the appropriate restrictions.

To simplistic ?? ... not sure.
More traffic for this forum and less for LU.
Super Cronk
Peter Jackson

Post by Super Cronk »

my last thing on this is that i think outsiders should be allowed on aslong as they abide by the rules.
"Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail"
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well... in the end it is up to the Raiders fans on the forum.... and the admin.
Super Cronk
Peter Jackson

Post by Super Cronk »

i know who its up to...but i can still vioce my opinion on it..after all thats what we were asked to do.
Last edited by Super Cronk on January 26, 2005, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail"
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Hopefully we aren't stupid enough to actually do something like that.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Ok its possible that i can make the raiders forum not visable/not able to reply for outsiders it would take some time, probably a good 2 hours but i could do it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I am not sure opinion was that we want outsiders except in a special board though?
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Raider_69 wrote:Ok its possible that i can make the raiders forum not visable/not able to reply for outsiders it would take some time, probably a good 2 hours but i could do it
The point though is how do you identify an "outsider".
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Bay56 wrote:
Raider_69 wrote:Ok its possible that i can make the raiders forum not visable/not able to reply for outsiders it would take some time, probably a good 2 hours but i could do it
The point though is how do you identify an "outsider".
good point
hmmm the only real idea ive got is if we are going to allow them, they get free reign however if they cause trouble, no warnings, no taps on the shoulder - OUT, banned.

If they are posting in good nature then i can see no problems
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What if they are just incredibly annoying like that Knights fan :)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

greeneyed wrote:What if they are just incredibly annoying like that Knights fan :)
well as said perviously, if they are posting mainly in the social thread etc they must also be making contributions to league discussions.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OK R69... I will leave it to the wisdom of administration.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

greeneyed wrote:OK R69... I will leave it to the wisdom of administration.
dont do that!
im completely split down the middle on the matter :lol:
ill chat to ed thou
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yep... you and Ed ... I'm sure you will work out the right thing.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

:lol: :lol:
thanks greeneyed

(no responce required you whore! :P)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thanks admin... you do a great job........ :D
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

as do our whores that post a lot :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And as does our admin that posts a lot..... :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

greeneyed wrote:And as does our admin that posts a lot..... :lol:
appreciate that greeneyed
i will chat to ed sometime soon and get back to yas with an answer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I talked to Ed... but he seemed busy....
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

yea ill try him latter tonight or tomorrow