Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

pdj
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: old Laurie Daley,
new Terry Campese

How's the love on the GH?

Post by pdj »

Having joined the GH only a month ago I must say I enjoy the discussions and the passion that is obvious regarding the raiders :)

I must say that one thing that is not enjoyable is the amount of time that it takes for a discussion to descend into personal sledging matches (not as interesting as the football discussion), it takes away from the valid things that people are contributing.

regards.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Re: Hows the love on the GH

Post by Rodman »

pdj wrote:Having joined the GH only a month ago I must say I enjoy the discussions and the passion that is obvious regarding the raiders :)

I must say that one thing that is not enjoyable is the amount of time that it takes for a discussion to descend into personal sledging matches (not as interesting as the football discussion), it takes away from the valid things that people are contributing.

regards.
If I suggested why that's the case I'd be sure to receive an official warning from GE.
#BoneMcCrone
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

i think its been the best its been for ages tonight, aside from my scuffle with Victor (he'll be back), its all be some constructive discussion
Brilliant stuff tbh. :thumbsup
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I think its a case of people holding too many expectations of a young side tbh..

There's always going to be frustration after losses... especially ones where we start great and fade...

If you been here a while you notice there's the bright side and the doomsayers..

That's just the way it is in a public forum.. people are allowed to air their thoughts (and sometimes dirty laundry)

The best is always done to ensure you don't get slammed of having an opinion..
pdj
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: old Laurie Daley,
new Terry Campese

Post by pdj »

Tim W wrote:I think its a case of people holding too many expectations of a young side tbh..

There's always going to be frustration after losses... especially ones where we start great and fade...

If you been here a while you notice there's the bright side and the doomsayers..

That's just the way it is in a public forum.. people are allowed to air their thoughts (and sometimes dirty laundry)

The best is always done to ensure you don't get slammed of having an opinion..
I must admit I dont have much experience with online communities. It is pretty obvious that a lot of you guys have been talking to eachother for a fair while and sometimes the space given to eachother dissappears when discussions get heated. Nothing that doesent happen in everyday off line life :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

In short, I'm pretty unhappy with the personal insults thrown around tonight, after we made a point of asking that it not happen during the week. So you can all take this as a further general warning!

And with that, I think we'll lock this one. It is not really football discussion.