New server problems

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

New server problems

Post by Sterlk »

I've just run into a bit of an annoying little "glitch" or something, I can only attribute it to the GH moving over to the new server as I've never had this problem before.

Its not site-killer stuff, just more annoying than anything.

Basically, the pages don't finish loading. All the content comes up fine but after the content's finished loading, the page still wants to receive data. I use Firefox 3.etc in tabs, so where that little site logo would usually be, the little "still loading" circle of dots spins eternally, there's also the option to still click the red "stop loading" X. Also, because it doesn't finish loading, I don't get redirected after marking posts as read or posting something... it just sits there still 'loading' and I have to redirect myself manually.

Down the bottom of the page it says "Transferring data from http://www.paypal.com... " if anybody else has this problem and not just me, then my assumption would be that the donate button has some kind of problem with the new server.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: New server problems

Post by greeneyed »

Haven't experienced the problem... and we haven't yet moved to the new server... that is now going to be done next Thursday am.

Maybe if others are having problems we can track something down. Sounds more like a browser or ISP connection problem?
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

We are actually moving to a Server that is based in Andorra who have some of the most reliable and up to date servers in the world. Will make the GH a better place :)
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

*Que dexter from perfect match voice

There has been a syntax error in the mainframe.
This place is woke.