Deleted/Edited posts on the GH

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Deleted/Edited posts on the GH

Post by Uncensored »

I think I know why, but why was my post deleted? I would of thought I would have gotten a PM or something...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Four Corners - A Code of Silence

Post by Northern Raider »

Uncensored wrote:I think I know why, but why was my post deleted? I would of thought I would have gotten a PM or something...
Mine too that quoted your post. Obviously we crossed a line. Personally I thought it was topical and displayed a different light on how these issues are reported by the media.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Uncensored wrote:I think I know why, but why was my post deleted?
If you're in doubt as to whether things can be posted here, ask a mod or an admin before putting it up.

Posts claiming "I know someone who told me what happened" are still classified as speculation, and leave this site open to legal action.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

jed wrote:
Uncensored wrote:I think I know why, but why was my post deleted?
If you're in doubt as to whether things can be posted here, ask a mod or an admin before putting it up.

Posts claiming "I know someone who told me what happened" are still classified as speculation, and leave this site open to legal action.
No more speculation than what is published in the media.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

jed wrote: If you're in doubt as to whether things can be posted here, ask a mod or an admin before putting it up.

Speculation or otherwise, my posts are my opinion and my responsibility.

From the GH's disclaimer:
This forum is NOT affiliated with the NRL or any NRL club. The views expressed on this board are the views of the author only. They are not the views expressed by the Greenhouse, it's owners, supporters or the management. Please be aware that any slanderous or defamatory posts written by individuals may see them held legally liable. This forum encourages free speech, within the confines of the law. By posting on this forum you are agreeing and understand that you can be held liable for any consequences that may come as a result of incorrect actions.

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5815

If someone wants to come after me for posting my opinions, then so be it. I will deal with them. As this disclaimer specifically states the views expressed by posters are their responsibility and not that of the forum or it's owners. I understand this, and accept full responsibility for every post I make on this forum. In my post that was deleted I did not name the source of my information for this very reason.
:clap: So true it's not funny.

Anyway, in short, the Bulldogs issue in Coffs was a complete media sham.

Can I say that? Bloody PC BS.

P.S. Oh and...
please dont' operate as a "forum cop" - that is, make demands that this or that post or thread should be deleted or instruct the Moderators and Administrators on how to do their jobs. The Administrators and Moderators are there to help run the GH forum. Only the Administrators and Moderators have the call on what should be permitted in debate and whether posts should be deleted or threads locked

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 11&t=10740
:)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Gillfish wrote:I'm sure 4 corners was paying well..

Not condoning anything that happened but never will I trust a current affairs program
Nope, they don't pay.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Uncensored wrote:P.S. Oh and...
please dont' operate as a "forum cop" - that is, make demands that this or that post or thread should be deleted or instruct the Moderators and Administrators on how to do their jobs. The Administrators and Moderators are there to help run the GH forum. Only the Administrators and Moderators have the call on what should be permitted in debate and whether posts should be deleted or threads locked

As a moderator of the GH, I would direct you to a portion of the membership guidelines:

For the record, I also have sources who have told me "exactly" what happened at Coffs, and I assure you they conflict greatly with your un-sourced version. And the version I've been told also conflicts greatly with every other "off the record" version that I've heard over the years. The fact of the matter is, only those who were involved in the actual events will have a clue what really happened.

If I had a dollar for every "hey guys, I've got the inside scoop on *insert event here*" post on the forums over the last few years, I'd be a very rich man.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Uncensored wrote:
jed wrote: If you're in doubt as to whether things can be posted here, ask a mod or an admin before putting it up.

Speculation or otherwise, my posts are my opinion and my responsibility.

From the GH's disclaimer:
This forum is NOT affiliated with the NRL or any NRL club. The views expressed on this board are the views of the author only. They are not the views expressed by the Greenhouse, it's owners, supporters or the management. Please be aware that any slanderous or defamatory posts written by individuals may see them held legally liable. This forum encourages free speech, within the confines of the law. By posting on this forum you are agreeing and understand that you can be held liable for any consequences that may come as a result of incorrect actions.

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5815

If someone wants to come after me for posting my opinions, then so be it. I will deal with them. As this disclaimer specifically states the views expressed by posters are their responsibility and not that of the forum or it's owners. I understand this, and accept full responsibility for every post I make on this forum. In my post that was deleted I did not name the source of my information for this very reason.
:clap: So true it's not funny.

Anyway, in short, the Bulldogs issue in Coffs was a complete media sham.

Can I say that? Bloody PC BS.

P.S. Oh and...

Wow we agree on something :P

Earlier i had a post deleted for "speculating" a player had used drugs in the past, even though the rumours had been throughout the media so it was nothing new, my post got pounced on, if things can be in the media then why not on a forum?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

jed wrote:
Uncensored wrote:P.S. Oh and...

As a moderator of the GH, I would direct you to a portion of the membership guidelines:
Ummm, you are? Your name is black, unlike the other Mods/Admins who's are green... :?
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

manbush wrote:Earlier i had a post deleted for "speculating" a player had used drugs in the past, even though the rumours had been throughout the media so it was nothing new, my post got pounced on, if things can be in the media then why not on a forum?
If you can back your allegations up with a published source (online/print), then by all means go ahead and post them. But if you're speculating with nothing more than your word to back you up, your posts will be edited/deleted.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Uncensored wrote:
jed wrote:As a moderator of the GH, I would direct you to a portion of the membership guidelines:
Ummm, you are? Your name is black, unlike the other Mods/Admins who's are green... :?
Not correct. Admins and Global Mods (Raider_69, Schifty, greeneyed, thickos and 100%_green) are green, other mods are black.

A full list of mods can be found at http://thegh.com.au/forum/memberlist.ph ... roup&g=167
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

manbush wrote:
Wow we agree on something :P

Earlier i had a post deleted for "speculating" a player had used drugs in the past, even though the rumours had been throughout the media so it was nothing new, my post got pounced on, if things can be in the media then why not on a forum?
Exactly. The media is after all just a company/person's opinion.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

jed wrote:
Uncensored wrote:
jed wrote:As a moderator of the GH, I would direct you to a portion of the membership guidelines:
Not correct. Admins and Global Mods (Raider_69, Schifty, greeneyed, thickos and 100%_green) are green, other mods are black.

A full list of mods can be found at http://thegh.com.au/forum/memberlist.ph ... roup&g=167
Oh ok. Well as a suggestion to R69, make all the mods green to avoid future confusion.

Mod or not, my point still stands. Why should our opinions be deleted?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Uncensored wrote:
Look, it's not your bloody forum.

If the people who manage it want to delete something, they can. If you don't like it go open up the Todd Carney is God and I Know What Happened on 9/11 Discussion group and you can do whatever the hell you want.

Christ, the whinging is ubelieveable in this place.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Uncensored wrote:Mod or not, my point still stands. Why should our opinions be deleted?
But you weren't posting an opinion, you were claiming what you posted was fact. There's a huge difference.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Uncensored wrote:
Because Rupert Murdoch can afford to get sued for defamation - the Greenhouse can't.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

T_R wrote:
Uncensored wrote:

If the people who manage it want to delete something, they can. If you don't like it go open up the Todd Carney is God and I Know What Happened on 9/11 Discussion group and you can do whatever the hell you want.

:lol:

Why have a forum if your not going to let people post their opinions on it?

Don't like the winging? Then **** off and kindly click the back button on your browser.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Uncensored wrote:
T_R wrote:
Uncensored wrote:

Don't like the winging? Then **** off and kindly click the back button on your browser.
You don't get it, do you? They don't NEED to explain these things to you. They set the rules as they see fit. Follow them, or, as you put it, **** off.

Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

Michael wrote:
Uncensored wrote:
Because Rupert Murdoch can afford to get sued for defamation - the Greenhouse can't.
Who says I can't afford it? :lol:

Ok, I can't. But you didnt know that :cool:

They wouldn't get sued for ****. My post was not defamatory to anyone at all, it was only recounting the facts as I understand them.

Defamatory is what the media have done, now forever the Bulldogs will be thought of by many as rapists, for what I have been told no reason whatsoever.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

T_R wrote:
Uncensored wrote:
T_R wrote:
Uncensored wrote:

You don't get it, do you? They don't NEED to explain these things to you. They set the rules as they see fit. Follow them, or, as you put it, **** off.
It's ok mate. I know you don't like to question authority. I got that long ago. Some of us however don't take a backward step when it's required.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

T_R wrote:If you don't like it go open up the Todd Carney is God and I Know What Happened on 9/11 Discussion group and you can do whatever the hell you want.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Uncensored wrote:
It's ok mate. I know you don't like to question authority. I got that long ago. Some of us however don't take a backward step when it's required.
God, you are such a pathetic little pissant. You have absolutely no idea what it means to actually HAVE authority. It brings responsibility. If the Mods on this place are concerned about their legal situation, who the hell are you to tell them that they're wrong? You assume no risk of your own, but you're perfectly happy for others to take it on your behalf? Classy.

You also have no idea what it actually means to challenge authority. Believe me, it's not raging at the US government on a Rugby League forum, nor is it demanding your perceived 'rights' where you have none.

There are those in life who actually acheive. What a shame there are so many others who feel the need to pathetically carp on about their imagined injustices from the sidelines.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

TR, dont lower yourself to his standard mate. I have nothing against the lad, but he is obviously immature and unable to reason. By trying to reach him on a logical level is...well...it's like trying to teach a dog how to use a shovel.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

T_R wrote:
Uncensored wrote:
God, you are such a pathetic little pissant. You have absolutely no idea what it means to actually HAVE authority. It brings responsibility. If the Mods on this place are concerned about their legal situation, who the hell are you to tell them that they're wrong? You assume no risk of your own, but you're perfectly happy for others to take it on your behalf? Classy.
I know you have trouble reading (apparently), but didn't you read where I said I take full responsibility for my posts? The GH's own disclaimer says that the authors of posts are responsible for their posts, not the site.
You also have no idea what it actually means to challenge authority. Believe me, it's not raging at the US government on a Rugby League forum, nor is it demanding your perceived 'rights' where you have none.
:lol: How the **** would you know what I have done. I know you think you know everything (like your chum on this forum), but trust me, you don't.
There are those in life who actually acheive. What a shame there are so many others who feel the need to pathetically carp on about their imagined injustices from the sidelines.
Again you show your arrogance. Stop talking so much **** about things you don't know anything about.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Uncensored wrote: I know you have trouble reading (apparently), but didn't you read where I said I take full responsibility for my posts? The GH's own disclaimer says that the authors of posts are responsible for their posts, not the site.
You CAN'T take responsibility for your own posts, you muppet.

Do you have ANY idea whatsoever what the law is in this situation? Do you think you can contractually pass on your legal responsibilities to a third party?

Think you shoudl do some research. Maybe there are some unattributed Youtube videos you can watch?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Deleted/Edited posts on the GH

Post by greeneyed »

We have the disclaimer for good and sensible reasons... but then it is much easier for lawyers to contact and sue the owner of the GH. It is easy to track down the owner... but not posters on the site. As many would know, it is fairly easy to set up an email account but can be very hard to trace the person behind the email.

Plus, we want to be responsible while allowing appropriate free speech. We want stories presented as fact by posters, to be factual. We'll never be able to get the balance perfectly right, but we do the best we can.
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

greeneyed wrote:We have the disclaimer for good and sensible reasons... but then it is much easier for lawyers to contact and sue the owner of the GH. It is easy to track down the owner... but not posters on the site. As many would know, it is fairly easy to set up an email account but can be very hard to trace the person behind the email.

Plus, we want to be responsible while allowing appropriate free speech. We want stories presented as fact by posters, to be factual. We'll never be able to get the balance perfectly right, but we do the best we can.
1 out 1300 people have complained, not a bad average.

I believe the balance in this place is perfect. Yeah i've had my post deleted, but never complained about it. The mods have a job to do and I believe like many others, they do their job quite well. Hey, I'd hate to read every single thread, posting and dribble in this place.

Hey Uncensored (and anyone else), PM me with your complaints, i'm happy to be the complaints department for The GH. Your complaint/s will be read and/or heard and then dealt with in the right way .... in the bin or down the toilet. If it warrants any reply, you may get a reply.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

There will be no need for a complaint department once I've finished with the revamp I have planned for this joint.

Stay Tuned................
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

your post was deleted because it was a load of crap, much like anything else you post here.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Its rather simple mate
if the wrong people see that post and deem it defamitory, they sue me, not you. They will sue me and frankly i dont have the money to be sued. So i air on the side of caution. Weather you accept the responsibility or not, they wont come for you, they will level their complaint squarely at me.

The disclaimer is nothing more then a measure to help reduce the chances of litigation but at the end of the day this is my forum and i am responsible for what content in on here, i have the power to delete content so if i do not delete suspect content ASAP i am liable for any defamation cases to come from said post.

Im not going to put my **** on the line just so you can post a hearsay story on the events. Its not worth the risk.
Websites exactly like this have faced litigation due to posters far tamer then yours was. They were forced to close down for an extended period of time.

Opinions is one thing, but commenting on a criminal matter without a source to back up your theory is too risky. If you want to take the risk, by all means start your own forum. But i wont allow it on this site.

There is no arguements or debate on this one. Thats how it is. Thats how it HAS to be to ensure the owners of this site dont wind up with a law suit hanging over their heads. If you dont like it, stiff ****, im not going to put myself on the line so you or anyone can post their inside scoops and present them as cold cut facts.

End of discussion.
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

Schifty wrote:There will be no need for a complaint department once I've finished with the revamp I have planned for this joint.

Stay Tuned................
Just when i thought i could have a role, you take it off me :P

Well said R69. Last thing the majority of us want is you to be sued for something you didn't do and this placed closed down cause off one idiot.

Time to lock this thread up
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Is someone deleting my posts?

I'm sure I've made a few recently which no longer exist. Maybe I'm drunk. :?
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

When I complained about my posts disappearing a few weeks ago, in this forum, the posts were deleted as it's apparently against the rules to complain about your posts disappearing.

This one is still here though?

Inconsistency I say!!!

Am I now being a forum cop though? Perhaps this post will be deleted. :lol:
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Meh I cbf deleting it. :lol:

FTR I have responded to Lurch :)
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Schifty wrote:Meh I cbf deleting it. :lol:

FTR I have responded to Lurch :)
Yay I'm special. But not to that someone who is deleting my posts. Allegedly. :hmmm
Lime Green wrote:When I complained about my posts disappearing a few weeks ago, in this forum, the posts were deleted as it's apparently against the rules to complain about your posts disappearing.
:shock: :lol: