The banner

Suggestions or questions relating to The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Crusher

The banner

Post by Crusher »

Now, I am all for Campo being on the banner but you shouldn't of gotten rid of the Carnage! I demand he be reinstated! He is after all probably the most talked about player on here, even in his absence...

:P
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Re: The banner

Post by Sasha »

Crusher wrote:Image

Now, I am all for Campo being on the banner but you shouldn't of gotten rid of the Carnage! I demand he be reinstated! He is after all probably the most talked about player on here, even in his absence...

Motion Passed, I will have him back up by Noon.

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Schifty wrote: Motion Passed, I will have him back up by Noon.

:woot: :clap:
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Crusher wrote:
Schifty wrote: Motion Passed, I will have him back up by Noon.

:woot: :clap:
I think I'll replace another image with the Raiders Army Logo as well :)

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Its like, well past noon and no Carnage?!?!

Not happy Jan :nooo
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Crusher wrote:Its like, well past noon and no Carnage?!?!

Not happy Jan :nooo
Come on Schifty put Carney up there. Heres a great pic.

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Or this...
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

jed wrote:Or this...

Yeah thats the Carney we wanna see, not that other Tosser !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

:roflmao

God I love that "Get outta my way" Jaycar picture. The club should use that one for PR. :clap:
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

greenraider7 wrote: Yeah thats the Carney we wanna see, not that other Tosser !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry mate! Carney is still in the banner!!!!

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Its hard to tell who that is, I think it looks more like Clinton Schifcofske than Carney... especially since the person on his shoulders looks like Adam Mogg.

My memory of 2006 is a bit hazy, but I think I can pinpoint the moment that photo was taken. I think the two times we played and beat the Tigers(?) that year, one was golden point and the other was tied with a few minutes to go. In one of them Schifcofske kicked a penalty goal from about 40-45m out and in the other he kicked a field goal.

The players were all over him in one (or both?) of them while his arms were raised in the air like that... I remember the visual as clear as if it was yesterday.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Sterlk wrote:Its hard to tell who that is, I think it looks more like Clinton Schifcofske than Carney... especially since the person on his shoulders looks like Adam Mogg.

My memory of 2006 is a bit hazy, but I think I can pinpoint the moment that photo was taken. I think the two times we played and beat the Tigers(?) that year, one was golden point and the other was tied with a few minutes to go. In one of them Schifcofske kicked a penalty goal from about 40-45m out and in the other he kicked a field goal.

The players were all over him in one (or both?) of them while his arms were raised in the air like that... I remember the visual as clear as if it was yesterday.
You know... looking closer, you might be right could be Shiffers, it still could be TC... I dunno, kinda hard to make out. Anyone have the original without the green tinge?
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

It is Schifcofske.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Hmmm, your not thinking of this shot are you?

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

He doesn't look as excited there, I'm guessing that's the same game... but after some of the other players have broken off and he's had some time to calm down.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Sterlk wrote:He doesn't look as excited there, I'm guessing that's the same game... but after some of the other players have broken off and he's had some time to calm down.
I dunno... Linc sure looks happy :lol:
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Maybe he just got there from the bench or the other side of the field or something... or it could've been before the image of the banner and Schifcofske is in shock or something before the joy sets in.
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

The picture in the banner is from the game against Penrith in 06 when Schif kicked the field goal in extra time.

I'm pretty sure the other one is from the game against the tigers where he kicked the penalty goal in extra time.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Sterlk wrote:Maybe he just got there from the bench or the other side of the field or something... or it could've been before the image of the banner and Schifcofske is in shock or something before the joy sets in.
Hmmm, Linc spent more time on the field than off, and he probably would of been somewhere close to the middle (playing hooker probably). Linc was always in the thick of things, just the type of player he is. A true legend.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

green_tongue wrote:The picture in the banner is from the game against Penrith in 06 when Schif kicked the field goal in extra time.
I'd still like to see the original to remove all doubt... it kinda looks like both of them, but I think you guys might be right and it is CS.
I'm pretty sure the other one is from the game against the tigers where he kicked the penalty goal in extra time.
Was that the game where he kicked the conversion from the sideline to get us into golden point in the first place? Will always remember that, was in the crowd almost directly behind him, and I remember one young lass in front of us commenting just before he took the shot that "he's going to miss it." :lol: Then, as if he heard her, Shiffers turned around and gave the crowd a massive fist pump after he slotted it.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

That was against Penrith in Round 4.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

I think it is carney and i think its from the tigers game at campbo, skando's last game, the one we had all the fuss was made about us being off side
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

CANBERRA, ACT - APRIL 1:Clinton Schifcofske of the Raiders is mobbed by team mates after kicking the winning goal in extra time during the round four NRL match between the Canberra Raiders and the Penrith Panthers held at Canberra Stadium April 1 2006 in Canberra, Australia. (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images)

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/73 ... 228983|240
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Raider_69 wrote:I think it is carney and i think its from the tigers game at campbo, skando's last game, the one we had all the fuss was made about us being off side
Glad I'm not the only one who is going blind! :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Well done scooby gang! :clap: :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I could have told you it is Schifcofske... :roflmao

The whole concept for the banner was ex captains... Lance, Meninga from golden era, Schifcofske from recent past, then the modern day... present captain Tongue... and then up and coming stars.