Post by nachopants »

Ok guys, try now <3
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Site update and avatars

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

New error

"The submitted avatar is 220 pixels wide and 165 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 151 pixels wide and 201 pixels high."

I can't see where I can adjust the size like I used to be able to
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That’s not an error, that’s been the standard size for avatars for many years. People were loading avatars that are far too large and throwing out the format of the forum. If nacho can find a way round that, happy to change it though.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:That’s not an error, that’s been the standard size for avatars for many years. People were loading avatars that are far too large and throwing out the format of the forum. If nacho can find a way round that, happy to change it though.
Yeah I was aware of that. Back when I could link it off the site, I’m sure I was able to adjust the height, but I can’t seem to do it now

Still getting to the bottom of this. Is there a way I can upload the GIF and resize it? I've been trying to link off a site as a backup, but it doesn't seem to be cooperating

Here's the address for he GIF https://makeagif.com/i/p9GEaG
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on October 4, 2020, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 23, 2020, 6:05 pm
greeneyed wrote:That’s not an error, that’s been the standard size for avatars for many years. People were loading avatars that are far too large and throwing out the format of the forum. If nacho can find a way round that, happy to change it though.
Yeah I was aware of that. Back when I could link it off the site, I’m sure I was able to adjust the height, but I can’t seem to do it now
Use paint, that's what I've always done. Takes about three seconds.

And then my avatar gets removed anyway.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

So I've accepted my old GIF can't be used as an Avatar anymore. Went to try out Gravatar for an image. I've uploaded an image, added my email address for the Gravatar account in the User Control Panel, and now it looks like Im rocking the Gravatar logo instead of my uploaded image.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:So I've accepted my old GIF can't be used as an Avatar anymore. Went to try out Gravatar for an image. I've uploaded an image, added my email address for the Gravatar account in the User Control Panel, and now it looks like Im rocking the Gravatar logo instead of my uploaded image.

Nothing, you should absolutely keep your new avatar, I love it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yep, looks like its up and running. Thanks guys!

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 3, 2021, 2:52 pm So I've accepted my old GIF can't be used as an Avatar anymore. Went to try out Gravatar for an image. I've uploaded an image, added my email address for the Gravatar account in the User Control Panel, and now it looks like Im rocking the Gravatar logo instead of my uploaded image.

As I understand it, is preferable to upload the image directly to the site, which guarantees our security certificate rating. Images which are hosted off the site, are not considered "safe" by browsers etc. But nacho should able to advise one way or other.