Round 5 - Raiders V Rabbitohs

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Toast – No Wey Man!

It was a crisp Sunday morn', the night following yet another Raiders' loss. I was sound asleep dreaming of the glory days, when suddenly I was awoken by the ringing of the mobile 'phone beside me. I didn’t think anything could top the annoyance of being so abruptly woken. However upon answering the 'phone I knew this was going to be no ordinary 'phone call. No, this one would be far more aggravating!

”Ha ha ha, Canberra are rubbish, go Melbourne” exclaimed my Storm-mad cousin.

“Yea whatever, piss off and leave me be” I replied in the most annoyed voice I could muster. Sadly it didn’t deter the onslaught.

“Admit it, you blokes are toast this season, give me one reason why the Raiders can turn it around.”

Quickly and aggressively, I snapped back “Toast, no way man!” and hung up.

As I tried to drift back to sleep I wondered to myself, what did make me think the hapless Raiders could turn things around in season 2006 and make something from it? What was it that we were missing? Then, all of a sudden it hit me. Without even meaning to, I had already answered the question. “No way man”… in other words, no Michael Weyman.

In recent history. all the premiers have had one thing in common. It's not a top class half back, nor even a super coach in charge of tactics - but rather an in-form and representative quality front-rower.

Don’t believe me? *'s examine the facts.

In 2005, John Skandalis was arguably the form front-rower in the competition and was unlucky not to get a seat for the Kangaroo tour.

In 2004, the Bulldogs had the ‘Ogre’, Mark O’Meley terrorising defensive lines all season, as did the Panthers' Joel Clinton in 2003. In 2002 and 2001, Adrian Morley and Matt Parsons led their respective teams from the front.

Even if we go back to the mid to late *'s, we saw the Canterbury Bulldogs take the crown in 1995 with Darren Britt leading the way... Mark Carroll for Manly in 1996... Paul Harrigan for the Knights in ARL 1997... and, of course, Shane Webcke featured in the successful Broncos side of 1997-2000.

Now these are some great names, and some of the readers might be asking: â€*'s this bloke on? Surely he can’t be comparing a bloke like Mick Weyman to those guys?”

Perhaps I’m biased, but clearly those asking this question have not seen young Mick in action. (Although they could hardly be blamed for that given the *'s dreadful luck with injuries over the past few seasons.)

However, in his limited time on the park, he has proved to be more than a handful for the opposition. Using his wide tree truck frame, he consistently promotes second phase play for the nippy Raiders' playmakers around the ruck such as Lincoln Withers and Simon Woolford.

Very rarely in his time on the field has the defence been able to perform a dominant tackle on the big burley man known as ‘Horse’. In fact, more times than not, he is the most dominant forward on the park - even in games when the team around him is performing poorly. Several games come to mind, but in particular, a game in 2004 when he single handedly took on, and comprehensively accounted for, the massive Warriors forward pack - which enabled the Raiders to jag a vital win.

He has all the makings and potential to become one of the best front rowers the game has seen. He is strong up top, which allows him to get a good clean offload. He is deceptively quick (for a front rower!) and has a stocky frame that ensures he attracts three or four defenders every run. He has unbelievable leg drive, often pushing three defenders back a few metres, to bend the defence back a few more metres.

And with that potential and those skills comes the ability for Mick Weyman to carry his beloved Raiders from cellar dwellers to a fair dinkum contender on his big broad shoulders.

All the pundits had Canberra pencilled in for the wooden spoon. After 12 rounds they have an average record of five wins and six losses. But the man they call ‘Horse’ is ready to make his mark. If he does, rest assured he will take the Raiders with him every step of the way!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

R69... this is my edit for grammar and punctuation. My changes are mostly just to make the sentences shorter.... if you are thinking of putting a comma... think about putting a full stop instead. Just a bit of advice.... Schifty... this is advice for you as well mate... The comma sounds right in your head... it is like we speak... but in writing the full stop is your friend. :) Jesus... I should have put some more full stops in that. :)

I have not re-checked the word count, R69.

Schifty... I will leave a suggested edit on yours to Thickos.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Just a bit of advice.... Schifty... this is advice for you as well mate... The comma sounds right in your head... it is like we speak... but in writing the full stop is your friend.
Say what?? :lol: :lol: :? :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty, it is just some advice mate and please don't take it to heart. I've just done a lot of writing in my career - producing published material - and noticed some of your articles tend to include commas when a full stop might be considered. Short sentences are a lot easier for people to read. It is a key lesson in producing easy-to-read English.

Also another tip, for all, and I know it sounds anal... but when you type in a number from one to nine... you should spell it out. When you type in 10 and over the numbers become OK. You'll see this rule is religiously followed in publishing, and is often something I fix in an edit. Have a look at any newspaper... it is what happens. So "round one" is correct, but not "round 1". "25 seasons" is correct, not "Twenty-five seasons".... "Three to four" is correct, not "3-4".

Another tip... "it's" stands for "it is"... "its" is the possessive as in "the team used up all its luck".
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Here is my article so far:

Thoughts?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Mystique probably would've given it 95+ :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gold! No punctuation or grammar errors that I could see!
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

HAVEN'T DECIDED ON A TITLE YET...

He is, by far, the gutsiest individual to ever grace a rugby league field.

You see him every now and then, and you can't help but wonder what inspired him to such great heights. How can you not respect him? How can you not cheer for him? After all, he's just performed in front of such a huge crowd for all to see, laying it all on the line, which only a select few can ever lay claim to doing.

Oh sure, he has his detractors. You'll hear some people baying for his kind to be banned from the professional sporting arena, but if you ask me, they are all old timers who don't know how to have fun.

Yes, my friends, I am of course referring to the infamous streaker.

If you get lucky, whenever you go to the footy you might get a glimpse of one of these interesting characters. You might even say you'll get an eyeful.

I don't know about you, but there is nothing funnier than seeing a stark raving lunatic in the nude run around the football field, being chased by a bunch of security guards. Because you know that no matter how long the chase goes for, eventually he's going to get tackled into the ground face-first, which will no doubt leave a three-inch pothole, give or take a few inches depending on how well endowed the individual may be. Regardless, I digress.

As respected as the streaker may be, the security guards who have to apprehend him should be commended even more. It's a fairly tough job, and you never know what could happen, you could sustain a serious injury like being poked in the eye.

But I have to admit, it's always been a dream of mine to be one of those security guards.

I know what you're thinking, but I don't swing that way, so get your minds out of the gutter. I would only do it so I could put a massive hit on one of these legendary cult heroes, just to say that I've gone toe-to-toe with one of the toughest and gutsiest men to step foot on the rugby league field.

It would be a story I could tell my grandchildren for years to come, and I know they'd certainly be proud of me.

Now the question has to be asked: What is the root... er... what are the causes of this behaviour?

The most logical suggestion would be alcohol. If there's a sober streaker in rugby league history, I would love to meet him, but to be honest I have a feeling I have a better chance of meeting Rebecca Wilson's credibility. There's no doubt that alcohol fuels on most behaviour of this kind, as I'm sure getting your gear off after drinking caused the development of most of us here today.

The dare can also not be discounted. I don't know how many times I've been dared by a mate of mine to take my gear off and streak the field. But he also bats for the other team and he's had a thing for me since high school, but that's neither here nor there. Regardless, it's hard to turn down a dare by a friend. You'll often get insulted and your manhood questioned if you don't partake in such a task. Thankfully, I have no balls so I've been able to turn down such a request on many occasions.

But the consequences of partaking in such an activity can't be ignored. Not only will you probably be banned from entering an NRL match for at least a year, you'll also cop a $5000 fine and a night in jail.

Is it worth it? It depends on your personal stance, but in my humble opinion, there wouldn't be a better feeling than freezing your proverbials off in front of a capacity crowd who in turn are laughing at your manhood (or lack thereof), before getting your ribs smashed in, and if you're lucky, accidentally copping a police baton up the keister.

That feeling, my friends, is priceless.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to drive down to Canberra Stadium this weekend to partake in the Raiders 25th Anniversary celebration.

For the first time in my life I plan on marking this special occasion with a very special victory lap of the hallowed grass of Canberra Stadium.

I'm just glad I've finally saved up for the bail.
742 words without title.

Yep, I know, I'm a freaking lunatic.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

:lol: :lol:
love it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

A 93 IBG.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

cheers GE
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

greeneyed wrote:Schifty, it is just some advice mate and please don't take it to heart. I've just done a lot of writing in my career - producing published material - and noticed some of your articles tend to include commas when a full stop might be considered. Short sentences are a lot easier for people to read. It is a key lesson in producing easy-to-read English.

Also another tip, for all, and I know it sounds anal... but when you type in a number from one to nine... you should spell it out. When you type in 10 and over the numbers become OK. You'll see this rule is religiously followed in publishing, and is often something I fix in an edit. Have a look at any newspaper... it is what happens. So "round one" is correct, but not "round 1". "25 seasons" is correct, not "Twenty-five seasons".... "Three to four" is correct, not "3-4".

Another tip... "it's" stands for "it is"... "its" is the possessive as in "the team used up all its luck".
It's cool man. I am very open for people to give me advice on my article. As you can see. I obviously need it.
I used more full stops there. 8)
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

IBG - gold :lol:

Schifty I'll get onto your edit very shortly!
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

In case anyone wanted to read mine without all those **** question marks, here it is 8)

Poisoned Chalice

Remember Terry Campese?

He certainly has a famous surname. A Queanbeyan local, this kid made every Raiders fan sit up and take notice with a stellar effort in the 2003 Premier League decider. He was big, could pass and had a massive kick – and he wore the number six on his back. It seemed as if the collective prayers of the capital had been answered; we seemingly had another great half in our midst.

2003 gave long-suffering Canberra fans respite after an unsatisfying era. Losses were frequent; the playing roster weakened since Super League, and most of all, there was no dominant playmaker emerging to lead the club to salvation. Gone were the days of Ricky Stuart and Laurie Daley – two of the greatest halves in history in their own right, let alone in the same club side. Nothing would ever be able to compare to those two in full flight, winning countless games for the Raiders off their own back.

Since the retirement of Daley and departure of Stuart, many have tried to make a Raiders halves position their own; McFadden, McLinden, Finch and Monaghan to name but a few. None were ultimately successful – all were compared to the great players of the past, and all eventually moved on. Not until the makeshift pairing of Jason Croker and Brad Drew, coupled with a dominant forward pack, did the Raiders find a winning formula. Yet a star half was still missing.

In his 2004 debut ‘Campo’ showed the world that he had an impressive kicking game; sadly that was about it. Nerves obviously played a part, but it felt that the ‘saviour,' talked up so heavily in the off-season, was not going to be the player he was made out to be. Twelve months later and besides his kicking prowess, *'s game was not making an impact in first grade. He hasn’t been sighted since.

If 2004 was spent singing *'s praises, then the 2005 off-season was ‘The summer of Carney.' Another local junior, Todd Carney debuted midway through the previous season – a rapid rise from the SG Ball ranks 12 months previously. It was evident after only a handful of Premier League games that the ingredients were there; his passing, kicking and running games were sublime. Many a directionless display in firsts had been preceded by a Carney-led demolition in the lower grade. It seemed, again, that the long wait for a great half was over.

Unlike teen sensations such as Benji and Sonny-Bill – already household names – *'s first-grade efforts could be at best described as ‘solid.' Thrust into an injury-riddled side as halfback in the latter stages of 2005, the Raiders slumped to a seven-match losing streak, all of which with Todd calling the shots. It is unfair to lay the blame solely at his feet, but surely ‘the next Messiah’ could jag one win from seven matches for his side?

Be it a lack of confidence, preparation or unable to play their natural game, both Campese and Carney – considered the future of the Raiders – have looked all at sea at NRL level. There are the believers who claim they deserve an extended run to show their wares, but there is already a growing chorus who think both of them are not good enough. Searching for the ‘next big thing’ to lead the Raiders back to the top of the table, many have called for Carney to already make way for talented utility William Zillman – despite being separated in age by less than two months. It is a cut-throat world being a young half in the eyes of restless Raiders fans.

Many a player have tried – and failed – to adequately fill the boots of Daley and Stuart. But those now trying to emulate their childhood heroes need to be given a chance – to be their own player. Just last weekend, a Raiders side given no hope of defeating the table-topping Cowboys, produced a gritty defensive performance to take the Townsville side into extra-time. And for the first time in such a situation, it was not the ice-cool Clinton Schifcofske to save the day – but a spiky haired teenager named Todd Carney with a forty metre field goal.

Perhaps the kid has finally arrived in first grade. Perhaps there is still hope for Terry Campese and with William Zillman waiting in the wings, perhaps the future for the Canberra Raiders is only just beginning.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

OK I attempted to efit a bit, give us a yell at what you think :)

-------------------------*'s Golden Idea

When the golden point was first introduced in season 2004 it was met with some opposition. Some people claimed that it would a draw should be a draw, and that if teams slugged it out for 80 minutes and couldn’t be split, they should get some reward.
Others claimed it should mean golden try, but the thought of teams having to score a try would take the skill levels out of kicking field goals. After all why it may look ‘easy’ we have seen many players fail to slot one in from 10 out directly in front.
The fact is Golden point has been a great initiative, it has added so much more excitement, and as a Raiders fan I have been fortunate enough for my side to not only be involved in 3 Golden point matches, but involved in 3 Golden point wins.

First one occurred in 2004 on an overcast afternoon against the Warriors. At 29-28 down Clinton Schifcofske calmly slotted a field goal to level the scores.
Then in the first period of extra time slotted another field goal which raised the roof off the stadium.
While leaving the stadium with a 29-29 draw wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, you couldn’t help but think that the feeling would be somewhat empty.

The second match involving a Raiders triumph in Golden Point Extra time came will be remembered by Raiders fans forever.
Coming off 2 drubbings in a row, the Raiders came up against a Panthers side which had been in good form.
Heading into the last minute the side was down 20-14, David Howell crossed in the corner and Schifcofske nailed a kick from the sideline after fulltime to level the scores.
But as if the sheer emotion of our Captain landing that wasn’t enough, the fans had to know endure an extra time period. The first half passed and no points scored, tension built, finally we worked in range and the ball was thrown to our captain, who took his shot, which was followed by silence in the stadium as everyone waited to see where the ball was headed.
Once Gavin Badger raised the arm, the stadium went wild, the crowd of 9400 sounded like there was 19,4000 there to have your captain slot home not only a sideline conversion to tie the match.
But to then win it for us with a field goal is almost like a dream result, the post match celebrations by the players also showed how much it meant to them, really gave everyone a lift. Again the Golden point was responsible for that great night at the stadium. Had it not been we would have again left with a somewhat empty feeling.

The last Golden Point Victory the Raiders wee involved in occurred just last weekend, it was a match that everyone except Raiders fans gave us no hope of winning. What the Raiders produced will go down as one of the most gutsiest efforts by the side in years.
The side was constantly on the back foot, absorbing wave after wave of constant Cowboys attacking raids.
Had the match finished in a draw it would have been a good gutsy result. But thanks to golden point the boys had a chance to turn 80 minutes of inspirational defence into one of the most unlikely wins. 1st half of Golden point extra time and still no result. 2 minutes into the 2nd period and the Raiders worked their way to within 40 metres of the posts, this could well be the last chance of snatching the win.
The ball was thrown to young 19 year old half Todd Carney, it was his chance to become a Golden Point Hero!! Young Todd Ran up and struck it, the ball ended up well over the dead ball line and into the 3rd row of the crowd, the ref went upstairs to check the kick, not even young Todd himself wasn’t even sure it went over. But eventually the ref raised his hand and singled a point.
Again Canberra fans had been blessed with another moment that would forever be entrenched in our minds.

But it had no been for the NRL to make this bold move away from tradition, we would have never experienced the joy, either would have other fans fortunate enough to experience the excitement.
Golden Point- gets the Golden seal of approval from me and most likely every other Raiders Fan.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

OK mate great effort on the second edit, all I've done was switch some ideas around and merged a few long sentences. Also, as GE said, numbers should be written as words. I have no long this is either :lol:
Schifty, edited by Stu wrote: A Golden Idea

When the concept of "golden point" was first introduced in Season 2004 it was met with significant opposition. Many claimed that 'a draw is a draw'; if two teams had slugged it out for eighty minutes and could not be separated, they should both be rewarded. To many it also did not seem fair that a team that lost in extra time (after drawing in regulation time) should get the same number of points that a side that had been thrashed in the same time period should be rewarded with.

Many suggestions to improve the concept were put forward; some suggested it should be "golden try," to avoid the possibility of a lucky field goal separating two sides. It should be pointed out however that there is considerable skill involved in kicking field goals; why it may look ‘easy’ we have seen many players fail to slot one in from 10 out directly in front.

Three seasons in and it is clear that golden point has been a great initiative for the game. Adding considerable excitement to an already thrilling finish, it has added an unexpected tension to 'regular' season matches. As a Raiders fan I have been fortunate enough to not only witness three Golden Point matches involving my side, but to experience the joy of three Golden Point victories.

The First occurred in late 2004, on an overcast afternoon against the Warriors in Canberra. Chasing the visitors all match and down 29-28 with only minutes to go, Clinton Schifcofske calmly slotted a field goal to level the scores. While many would have headed home satisifed after witnessing an exciting finish to level the scores, for the first time the Raiders pushed past the eighty minute mark. One set into extra time and another field goal from the custodian raised the roof off the stadium, keeping the Raiders in the semi-final hunt.

The second Raiders triumph in Golden Point extra time was only a few weeks ago, but already a night that is etched in the collective Raiders memory forever. Coming off two consecutive drubbings, the Raiders came up against a Panthers side which had been in good form on a cool night in the capital. Heading into the last minute the Raiders were down 20-14, until David Howell managed to cross in the corner as the full-time siren sounded. Already appreciating that time had elapsed, new captain Clinton Schifcofske dramatically kicked the conversion from the sideline to level the scores.

For many this would have been a tremendous finish. But if the sheer emotion of Schifcofske levelling the scores wasn’t enough, the fans had to know endure an extra time period. The first half passed and no points were scored, adding to the tension as field goal attempts from the Panthers went wide. The crowd rose with ninety seconds left as the Raiders finally worked their way into range, the ball once again with the captain. The shot was taken, followed by silence in the stadium as everyone waited to see where the ball was headed. Once Gavin Badger raised his arm the stadium went wild, 9400 people making the noise of ten thousand more than that. The drama and tension of a last minute conversion, extra time and a field goal made this match much more than what it would have been. For the Raiders it was almost like a dream result, the post match celebrations by the players also showed how much it meant to them, giving the entire club a massive lift. Again, the Golden Point was responsible for that great night in Canberra.

The last Golden Point victory the Raiders wee involved in occurred just last weekend, a match that everyone except diehard fans gave the Raiders no hope of winning. What the Raiders produced will go down as one of the most gutsiest efforts by the side in years. The side was constantly on the back foot, absorbing wave after wave of Cowboys attacking raids. Had the match finished in a draw it would have been a 'good,' gutsy result. But thanks to golden point, the boys had a chance to turn 80 minutes of inspirational defence into one of the most unlikely wins. Again, the first half of extra time yielded no result. Two minutes into the second period the ball was thrown to young 19 year old half Todd Carney, his chance to become a Golden Point hero.

The much maligned Carney struck his kick beautifully, the ball sailing well over the dead ball line and into the third row of the crowd. After sending the issue upstairs the decision had come through - the ref raised his hand, a single point awarded. Again, Canberra fans had been blessed with another moment that would forever be entrenched in our minds.

Had it not been for the NRL to make this bold move away from tradition, we would have never experienced the joy of thrilling extra time matches throughout the season. While the devastation of losing in such a manner must be severe, "Golden Point" gets the Golden seal of approval from myself and most likely every other Raiders Fan.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Oh dear. 861 words. I'll leave that with you Schifty :lol:
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

Just to let you know I won't be posting mine till late once I get home from work which I finish at 8. So don't panic.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

How does an edit add 110 words :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I have got it back down :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Golden Idea

When the concept of "golden point" was first introduced in Season 2004 it was met with significant opposition. Many claimed that 'a draw is a draw'; if two teams had slugged it out for eighty minutes and could not be separated, they should both be rewarded.

Many suggestions to improve the concept were put forward; some suggested it should be "golden try," to avoid the possibility of a lucky field goal separating two sides. It should be pointed out however that there is considerable skill involved in kicking field goals; why it may look ‘easy’ we have seen many players fail to slot one in from 10 out directly in front.

You can not deny that over the past 3 years golden point has added extra excitement to many games. As a Raiders fan I have been fortunate enough to not only witness three Golden Point matches involving my side, but to experience the joy of three Golden Point victories.

The First occurred in late 2004, on an overcast afternoon against the Warriors in Canberra. Chasing the visitors all match and down 29-28 with only minutes to go, Clinton Schifcofske calmly slotted a field goal to level the scores. While many would have headed home satisfied after witnessing an exciting finish to level the scores, for the first time the Raiders pushed past the eighty minute mark. One set into extra time and another field goal from the custodian raised the roof off the stadium, keeping the Raiders in the semi-final hunt.

The second Raiders triumph in Golden Point extra time was only a few weeks ago, but already a night that is etched in the collective Raiders memory forever. Coming off two consecutive drubbings, the Raiders came up against a Panthers side which had been in good form on a cool night in the capital. Heading into the last minute the Raiders were down 20-14, until David Howell managed to cross in the corner as the full-time siren sounded. Already appreciating that time had elapsed, new captain Clinton Schifcofske dramatically kicked the conversion from the sideline to level the scores.

For many this would have been a tremendous finish. But if the sheer emotion of Schifcofske levelling the scores wasn’t enough, the fans had to know endure an extra time period. The first half passed and no points were scored, adding to the tension as field goal attempts from the Panthers went wide. The crowd rose with ninety seconds left as the Raiders finally worked their way into range, the ball once again with the captain. The shot was taken, followed by silence in the stadium as everyone waited to see where the ball was headed. Once Gavin Badger raised his arm the stadium went wild, 9400 people making the noise of ten thousand more than that. The drama and tension of a last minute conversion, extra time and a field goal made this match much more than what it would have been. For the Raiders it was almost like a dream result, the post match celebrations by the players also showed how much it meant to them, giving the entire club a massive lift. Again, the Golden Point was responsible for that great night in Canberra.

The last Golden Point victory the Raiders wee involved in occurred just last weekend, a match that everyone except diehard fans gave the Raiders no hope of winning. What the Raiders produced will go down as one of the most gutsiest efforts by the side in years. The side was constantly on the back foot, absorbing wave after wave of Cowboys attacking raids. Had the match finished in a draw it would have been a 'good,' gutsy result. But thanks to golden point, the boys had a chance to turn 80 minutes of inspirational defence into one of the most unlikely wins. Again, the first half of extra time yielded no result. Two minutes into the second period the ball was thrown to young 19 year old half Todd Carney, who ignored team mates calls and nailed a 40 metre field goal to become a local hero.

Had it not been for the NRL to make this bold move away from tradition, we would have never experienced the joy of thrilling extra time matches throughout the season. While the devastation of losing in such a manner must be severe, "Golden Point" gets the Golden seal of approval from myself and most likely every other Raiders Fan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
747 words
:)
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

besides a capitalization error mate it's fine, submit away :clap
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

I'm in :)
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

awesome articles all
Extremely confident of a win 8)
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

sh*t!

The bloody traffic coming home from work had me worried. :lol:

All in, well done fellas.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

:lol:
had me worried too
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Well done guys, I think we played really well in this one.

considering we have almost one whole month off, we need to work on one (or two) of Timbo, DB, tokyo and woodgers playing for us.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Hopefully we can get another 3 or 4 people on board, at the moment we are workign on a roster of about 7 or 8 :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Problem is we are probably only working on a roster of 5 and a half atm.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Taking a long time for the results to come through. :(
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

SOUTHS

Vippo19
A fairly well written article about the religion of sport.
Score: 83

Lockyno1
A interesting look at the pros and cons of the salary cap.
Score: 82

Pistol
An interesting look at life after retirement for footballers.
Score: 86

Clevo
Like reading a brutal police report and a tacky romance (read: erotic) novel all rolled into one. Disturbing, but gripping.
Score: 94

Terracesider
A really interesting if slightly bizarre read.
Score: 90

Total: 435

RAIDERS

Greeneyed
A very interesting and fact filled adventure through the history of the Raiders.
Score: 88

Raider_69
Doubtful, but you Raiders fans can live in hope. Not a bad read.
Score: 86

Thickos
Another piece focusing on the oft-overlooked Raiders and their playmaker woes…
Score: 85

Stelios
A Raiders eye view of the joys of golden point.
Score: 84

I Bleed Green
Son, you have a very strange perception of enjoyment. Good read though.
Score: 88

Total: 431

SOUTHS 435 d. RAIDERS 431

:(

Not travelling too well lately, although one or two of our articles were just marked a little low I thought.

We need some new blood I reckon, having to play every week is draining us.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

we desperately need some new people..
:doubt:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No comment.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

its understandable really, everyone is down on form abit having pressure to play and perform every week
the break will be sorely needed
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

:( I thought on the whole we were better than that, IBG no surprises you were our best, great original article.

Yes we are struggling at the moment, but we can pick it up, I'm sure of it. Shame though that no-one is putting their hand up in the free agents thread, and are Timbo,, Tokyo and dolph right for Rd 6?

Azza?