ACT Avengers Team Thread

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

ACT Avengers Team Thread

Post by Nick »

The ACT Avengers have narrowly avoided relegation after a season 2005 which can only be described as "pathetism" after relocating to St Clair under the "Comets" brand

However team owner Raider_69 forced them back to the old title saying they stood "a better chance of success situation somewhere that alcoholism isnt encouraged"

a spring cleaning of the team has occured and a fresh new team has emerged from the shadows of the dark Comets period. CEO Raider_69 said he is yet to narrow down a long list of applicants for the coaching gig and is in serious talks with several main stream companys for sponsorship.

He expects an announcement on those issues sometime in the week. Raider_69 on behalf of the Avengers is proud to announce the following top 25 for the up coming season

Brett Hodgson
Greg Inglis
Matt King
Anthony Minichello
Phil Graham
Willie Tonga
Jaamal Lolesi
Matt Cooper
Chris Flannary
Benji Marshall
Nigel Vaganna
Matt Orford
Lincoln Withers
Robbie Farah
Craig Wing
Mark Riddell
Anthony Topou
Dean Widders
Ashley Harrison
Anthony Watmough
Alan Tongue
Willie Mason
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Liam Fulton
Frank Pritchard
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Wow with that squad one must wonder if you are going for back to back relegations.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

The Avengers have today via CEO Raider_69 named their first round line up, to take on an un-named opposition. Raider_69 also said he expected an announcement regarding a coach by tomorrow morning, also imminate is the announcement regarding the coaching team and major sponsor

ACT Avengers Rd.1:
1. Brett Hodgson (gk)
2. Greg Inglis (c)
3. Matt Cooper
4. Phil Graham
5. Willie Tonga
6. Benji Marshall
7. Matt Orford
8. Robbie Farah
9. Mark Riddell
10. Craig Wing
11. Dean Widders
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matt King
15. Anthony Minichello
16. Jamaal Lolesi
17. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

This statement from Royston Lightning has just come in from Cougars HQ.

Cougars HQ, where coach Lightning made the statement

"That team is the mcf'ckin nugget of the comp, they need some serious super sizing to be any threat, now where did I put my Quarter punder"
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

ACT Avengers are proud to announce Mark Brandon 'Chopper' Read as the coach for the team in 2006.

In a breif statement Chopper had this to stay

"Well look im **** glad to be on the **** team, and looking forward to a **** good year... and if any of those **** blow flys from the Cougers gets involved, ill take a **** blow torch to their feet and personally invite the **** tit rats into the Van Gough Club... in laymans terms... i cut their **** heads off..."

Image[/b]
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

In a major coop for the Avengers Cletus the Slack jawed Yokel has been signed on as Avengers CEO, moving Raider_69 to assistant coach under Chopper

"I done got new shoes from da dumpster for my new job... nows all i needs to do i buy a new singlet"

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Better team than I thought you would pick, 69. I now predict you will finish 11th, not 12th.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Kris_man wrote:Better team than I thought you would pick, 69. I now predict you will finish 11th, not 12th.
it appears your '1' key is sticking
but yes i agree. i should come 1st, not 2nd with that line up

especially with Chopper at the helm and Cletus running the show behind the scenes
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Raider_69 wrote:
Kris_man wrote:Better team than I thought you would pick, 69. I now predict you will finish 11th, not 12th.
it appears your '1' key is sticking
but yes i agree. i should come 1st, not 2nd with that line up

especially with Chopper at the helm and Cletus running the show behind the scenes
If his 1 key was stuck, then it means you are finishing 1th or 2th :P

Or are his t and h keys stuck as well :P
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

quiet you :P :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

early estimate for the Avengers is 50ish
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Avengers News:

The ACT Avengers have wasted no time in making sweeping changes to their team, no performing Matt Cooper has been traded in for centre counter part Mark Gasnier and injured Benji Marshall has been replaced short term by rabbitohs saviour John Sutton, but thats expected to be reversed come Marshalls come back. Coach Chopper was unavilable for commet however CEO Cletus had this to say

"y'all know that dat dere gasNEr is a done better player then dat yokle Coooooper... now if ya will excuse me, my ma's famous roasted squirel is up waitin for me..."