NRL CEO Competition

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

edwahu

NRL CEO Competition

Post by edwahu »

The Greenhouse NRL CEO Competition

Welcome to the 2019 Greenhouse NRL CEO Competition Thread!

What is NRLCEO?

NRLCEO is a fantasy rugby league draft game played against a number of other franchises, coached by your mates (private) or members of the public. You can learn more about the compeition here: http://www.nrlceo.com/about-us/

2019 Dynasty League - The Green House Championship

Teams and Owners (alphabetical order)

Team (Owner)
Manchilds Club (Manchild)
Chicken Feets (Gerg)
Purtell's Turtles (edwahu)
Golden Points (Tovii)
Hail Sezer (Tim W)
LimeGreenMachines (GCR)
Munster Mongrels (Perth Raiders)
Pottsies Vikings GH (Pottsie_83)
Sheriff GH (summitone77 )
Sir McSquid's Squad (Sir McSquid)
The Banana Hammocks (Green_Hammock)
The Gum Drops (Charlie (via Tovii))

General Rules

League Format: NRL CEO Standard format, 12 teams and squads of 26 and 6 team finals starting week 22
Dynasty/Keepers: This is a dynasty league, meaning it keeps running each year and some players you choose (keepers) will be carried over to next year. The number of Keepers is 6.
Scoring and How to play: Refer to http://www.nrlceo.com/how-to-play/
Team Selection and Lockouts: There is a rolling lockout, meaning your players can be moved in and out of your lineup until kick off of their respective games.
Communication: All official League discussion should be via this thread.
Shennanigans policy: We'd all like to run our clubs like Uncle Nick runs the Roosters, but please be nice and don't tank for draft picks or collude with other managers. It will be at the League Managers discretion to take action including removing managers and reversing trades if this can be reasonably suspected, as it will if a manager is not actively playing for an extended period without notice.
Prizes: TBD

Recruiting, drafts and trading

Draft Timing: The draft will start Sunday the 24th February at 5pm AEDT and run until Midnight on Sunday the 10th March.
Draft Format: The draft is a live snake draft using a random order with no timeout. Snake drafts reverse after each round, so if you pick 12 in the first round, you pick 1st in the second etc. Because there is no timeout and there are a lot of players to select, please make sure that you pick quickly and announce on here once you have made your pick so we can finish well before the season start. Draft order next year will be based on results (last picks 1st etc).
Trading Rules: All Trades will be allowed unless protested on this thread by another player, in which case they will go to a vote here. LM will be the tie breaker. Trades should only be protested on the basis of possible collusion, not just because it looks like a bad trade to you.
Trade Deadline: Round 18
Waiver Wire There is a 24 hour Waiver wire with the lowest placed team on the ladder winning the bid.
Last Squad Round Change: Round 21
Kicker Cap 15
Recruitment Limit: You can only cut 30 players from your squad of 22 over the course of the season. There are no injured reserves.

Complete Draft Results
Waiver List after Draft

Good luck for the season and let me know if you have any questions.
Last edited by edwahu on January 15, 2020, 1:36 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Re: 2019 NRL CEO Comp

Post by Ferret86 »

Good on you for setting this up Edwahu! I run the site and am a GH lurker every now and then. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ferret86 wrote: January 15, 2019, 9:53 pm Good on you for setting this up Edwahu! I run the site and am a GH lurker every now and then. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.
Thanks, it's a great site. Hopefully we get enough takers.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Ive played this for years , There was a GH comp a couple of years ago.

What kind of draft are you looking at setting up Edwahu ?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: January 18, 2019, 3:08 pm Ive played this for years , There was a GH comp a couple of years ago.

Just the normal live snake draft I guess.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

In
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

edwahu wrote: January 22, 2019, 7:58 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: January 18, 2019, 3:08 pm Ive played this for years , There was a GH comp a couple of years ago.

Just the normal live snake draft I guess.
Thanks. Its the best draft . The quick draft is fun and hectic but trying to get everyone home at the same time is frustrating.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Cool, so far we have 4 so still plenty of spots.

I just did a standard league since it's free, but I think the draft timeout is off so we could do it online or offline.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I've joined up. Used to be hooked to this, haven't done it for a few years though.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

I will have a crack again. Not a fan of the rush draft because it takes ages to get everyone online and it changes dates that often that I usually give up. 24hr draft is good.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I like the snake drafts, a lot of the time when doing the quick draft someone's wifi is either lagging or people miss several rounds entirely.

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

We've got 6 players so far.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ferret86 wrote: January 15, 2019, 9:53 pm Good on you for setting this up Edwahu! I run the site and am a GH lurker every now and then. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.
I have my first questions.

Using the standard league draft settings, is it possible to set the draft timeout to on? It's off by default which I assume means the draft would stop until the next player is selected.

Also is it possible to increase the squad size or is it set at 22 for standard only?
summitone77
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by summitone77 »

I have been playing for a number of years, so happy to join if spots available?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

summitone77 wrote: January 23, 2019, 6:43 pm I have been playing for a number of years, so happy to join if spots available?
Sure, there are a few spots left.
summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

edwahu wrote:
summitone77 wrote: January 23, 2019, 6:43 pm I have been playing for a number of years, so happy to join if spots available?
Sure, there are a few spots left.
Thanks!!
summitone77
Simon Woolford

2019 NRL CEO Comp

Post by summitone77 »

Ferret86 wrote:Good on you for setting this up Edwahu! I run the site and am a GH lurker every now and then. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.
Hey mate, it’s Mark.

You playing this one?
summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

edwahu wrote:
I have my first questions.

Using the standard league draft settings, is it possible to set the draft timeout to on? It's off by default which I assume means the draft would stop until the next player is selected.

Also is it possible to increase the squad size or is it set at 22 for standard only?

Hey Edwahu.

I help out Ferret with some stuff on the site so can assist with some questions aswell.

As this comp is set up under the classic league (public) , those two options are set. ( draft settings and squad numbers)
Yes the draft continues until someone makes a choice with no time out.

To change those options, a custom league needs to be set up. Custom leagues are $10 per team to do so, and you can have those and many other options changed to suit personal needs
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Thanks. I haven't done a non live draft before but I would think without a time out we need to start it a few weeks early to get it done before kick off.

We have 8 now so there are still 4 spots for anyone interested.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I reckon start of Feb?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

-TW- wrote: January 24, 2019, 11:47 am I reckon start of Feb?
Yep, hopefully we can get to 10 teams by then, if not 12. I will probably have to do a manual auto pick after 24hrs or something at least, I am not sure if it ranks players like the US Sports.

Would people prefer I do most of the communication on here or on the site itself?
Last edited by edwahu on January 24, 2019, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

You will find people end up getting through it quicker than expected. Especially if you have a platform to be in touch with everyone else via chat. Little reminders help, cause we will all get busy and forget at stages.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

edwahu wrote: January 24, 2019, 2:12 pm
Yep, hopefully we can get to 10 teams by then, if not 12. I will probably have to do a manual auto pick after 24hrs or something at least, I am not sure if it ranks players like the US Sports.

Would people prefer I do most of the communication on here or on the site itself?
I think I'd be more likely to see messages here

summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

Sid wrote: January 24, 2019, 2:48 pm
edwahu wrote: January 24, 2019, 2:12 pm

I think I'd be more likely to see messages here
It will be a lot easier than the CEO site
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Last time I played we just did it here
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Ive joined , twice by the look. I've messaged edwahu to see if he can delete one. It looks like it created a club whilst I edited another pre-existing club to enter the comp.

If we are all around for the draft tends to move quickly , slows a little towards the end when the dregs are left.
summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

edwahu wrote:

It doesn’t rank all the players like NFL comps. Each individual position will list players in order of the last years points if you search by position, but does not list across all the players as one list.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Cool, sounds like it wouldn't be needed if the draft flows well anyway.

We have 10 teams which is a good number, I will keep the last two spots open another week. I am thinking to start the Draft on Feb 24, that way the trials will be mostly out of the way and it gives two weeks to get it all done.

I'd also like to do Keepers/Dynasty. I'm guessing this isn't possible in the standard league?
summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

edwahu wrote:Cool, sounds like it wouldn't be needed if the draft flows well anyway.

We have 10 teams which is a good number, I will keep the last two spots open another week. I am thinking to start the Draft on Feb 24, that way the trials will be mostly out of the way and it gives two weeks to get it all done.

I'd also like to do Keepers/Dynasty. I'm guessing this isn't possible in the standard league?
That date looks good.

Yeah you can do the keeper leagues in standard leagues. You just carry over your full squad from the previous year and you as the comp owner will delete those players that are not wanted as keepers.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Still 2 spots left for anyone interested.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I might be interested. I'll look into how to play, what's involved and most importantly how much time I can waste, and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

gergreg wrote:I might be interested. I'll look into how to play, what's involved and most importantly how much time I can waste, and let you know.

Good format Gerg. Bit different to Supercoach in the scoring system.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Can anybody explain it? Do we pick players by position and then our teams play each other amongst our little league or is it a more open vs comp or not a vs comp at all? And how are the points broken down.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
summitone77
Simon Woolford

Post by summitone77 »

gergreg wrote:Can anybody explain it? Do we pick players by position and then our teams play each other amongst our little league or is it a more open vs comp or not a vs comp at all? And how are the points broken down.

You pick a squad of 22 players. From those players, you select a team of 13 and 4 reserves. Like all other fantasy camps, you select players in there nominated positions.
Each week your team plays another team in the comp you are in. You get 2 points for a win if you get more points than the opposition.

Points are given for tries, try assist, line breaks and line break assists. (4,2,1,1). Forwards get 4 points if they have 40 or more involvements in a match (combination of runs and tackles)

That is the very general idea and points breakdown. A little more to it, but that’s the core of it.