Moderator: GH Moderators

thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Man, what a disappointing way to end the year :(
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Congrates GE with making the front-page...

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article/ ... p?num=9958
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thickos... 'fraid it doesn't make me feel any better... :(
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

what i meant was although initially when you put your article up for review here there were suggestions it was perhaps lacking a bit of punch, it turned out yours did far better than articles we thought might do well (eg mine, thickos).
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

skeepe and I also made the front LU page.

That LeagueNut guy who chooses them usually picks the 4 best articles of the week, he picked 3 of our articles, and only one of the Pirates.

Just goes to show that everyone has their own opinion, unfortunately in the GF we got someone who didn't agree with ours. :cry:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It is very good we got so many on the front page.

I personally think F7s marking has lost its way. If the criterion was "Would the SMH or DT publish this? or "Would the normal, literate person read this in a newspaper and appreciate it?" then the Pirates would have lost by 12, IMO. This is why the Raiders articles are making the front page of LU, not the Pirates articles.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

in a way i agree GE, i think it shows aswell as the general concencious in F7's fraturity that we would win, is some what symbolic that we had a better alround lot, just the ref prefered their style.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I just re-read my article. I'm sorry it didn't score better everyone. I have to say, it meant a lot to me. I am just sorry I couldn't translate the feelings into writing better. I still remember my grandfather. He was such a great person. He was one of my best friends during my childhood, right until he died. Him, my uncle, and my cousin are the only grandfather, son and grandson who are life members of my team in Brisbane, the Tigers. The Easts juniors club house is named after my grandfather and uncle. I am very proud of them.

Just sorry my story didn't do them justice.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

dont worry about it GE, your article was awesome, and deserved a lot better then it got IMO, i thought you did your grandfather proud :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thanks, cap'.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

GE, whatever failings you may feel you had with your article I think they pale in comparison with what I produced. When I read your final submission I thought it was great; had a much stronger finish than orignally.

My worry was that the article I submitted wouldn't "click" when read by others - that is why I posted it but said that to be honest I didn't think it was GF material, it was too hit or miss. And although our team thought it was OK to take part in the GF clearly it hasn't clicked with the ref/readers over at LU. It's not as if anyone there is saying great article or anything. That's what I'm upset about really as much as anything, whether or not our team thought it was good, I don't feel I've done my job on two separate occassions now, and most especially in the GF. I wish I had the ability to have written it such that it would have been something everyone could have appreciated.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Azza... I thought your Grand Final article had greatness written all over it. Honest, I cried when I read it the first time, I felt it was that moving. It had reality and feeling in it. (Everyone else can now bag me out for crying....)

But I felt it was the best article I read the whole season. I honestly think it is a travesty that the artifices that scored higher on the other team.... our team even..... well some people don't see true emotion and feeling in the writing.... that is all I can say.

I really want to see you come back to write for the team on a regular basis next season. I think the core team will be unbeatable..... honestly, and I hope you are a regular in the firsts next year.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Go read that "F7's articles on LU front page" thread over at LU - someone had a dig at me for racism in my last article.

Fair dinkum...
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Well said GE. No team is unbeatable but we do have a tremendous core of writers that should carry us deep into the competition once more. Adding a few more talented members will just put the icing on the cake IMO.

I don't think you're article was hit or miss at all azza. I thought it was very powerful and I was shocked at the score. Easily 90's... however no one from the Raiders has passed 92 all year, which is a disappointment.

I'm surprised at the selection of Mystique as the GF ref, I think gorilla and antonius are far better. Does anyone know what our win/loss record under various refs is?

One thing is sure... gorilla ripped half to pieces in the origin game with a similar article to what he churned out in the GF. Half just admitted as such in the game thread... it could have happened again. (half got 74 in the origin... vs 96 in the GF).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I just read the comments in the F7s Radio thread over at LU... the comments by the Pirates are just as expected. Talk about bad winners. Bad comments about our captain. I can't stand those guys. I hope we thrash them next season.