Ninjas chat 2005

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

You're a bunch of F7's whores. :lol:

Seriously though, I dunno why you'd call us only using rookies as "crap". We have played a full season where most of our team posted 6+ articles - some 10+, it is the holiday period, and everyone else is buggered... we were only agreeing to help you out in the first place. ;)
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

CNTDN wont be happening

New Side vs Raiders

Raider Crusader
Goldielocks
Undertaker Mike
Millwall
Raider Azz

Bench
Weasels ripped my flesh
Krisman

2006: Celebrating 25 years since Bay56 jumped ship from South Sydney to Canberra Raiders

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why won't it be happening?
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Pirates dont wanna play us, Although Mark offered to play 5 of his articles vs our whole team. Which would be a lot more embarassing if we lose

2006: Celebrating 25 years since Bay56 jumped ship from South Sydney to Canberra Raiders

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Ninjas activate

Just wrote an article, doing a bit of edit job and will post it here. My girliest emotional piece ever, it aint really emotional but I felt like a **** writing it.

Steven eat yah heart out!

* CNTDN don't discriminate against ****, gays or homosexuals.

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Pete Murray and League: A match made in heaven?

I found myself reading my *'s NW Magazine and suddenly had this urge to listen to Pete Murray, I didn’t know why. Perhaps I wasn’t meant to know.

I played “Better Days”, my mind wandered; I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t watching sport. Then it hit me, at this very point is the longest time possible I have to wait for League. With my goldfish like abilities I started listening to the song one minute, thinking about footy the next.

It wasn’t until near the end of the song both came together in some sort of riddle, I don’t know what Pete Murray was writing about, but when I listened to it and thought about League it made perfect sense.

And I saw it coming
I saw emptiness and tragedy
And I felt like running
So far away
But I knew I had to stay

Growing up in the Raiders glory days, I was spoilt, premierships, representative players and bragging rights. It all came to an end, none more so in 2001. With the departure of 2 key players and a Raiders icon, they struggled to do anything and did well to avoid the spoon.

And I know when I'm older
I'll look back and I still feel the pain
I know I'll be stronger
And I know I’ll be fine
For the rest of my days

My loyalty was tested in 2001, never had I thought of the once mighty green machine falling so far, so quickly. Yet it happened right before my eyes. It is a year that I wish to forget, but am stronger for having it if confronted with another dismal year that tests me loyalty.

I've seen better days
Put my face in my hands
Get down on my knees
And I pray to God
Hope he sees me through to the end

The year of 2003 was an unexpected year of limited success for the Raiders, their slow methodical demolition of sides failing to excite snail racing enthusiasts, but earning praise from fans. So close to a Minor Premiership, it was the story of the Raiders, so close. Going down to Melbourne and NZ in consecutive finals saw the campaign end, a premature end to a great ride.

I notice most things
But I didn't notice the change
It was hot in the morning
Then it turned so cold towards the end of the day
There was no conversation
I just felt like I was in space
I needed my friends there
I just turned around
They were gone without a trace

With the Riverina being a Rugby League heartland, Canberra is lucky they can rely on a strong junior system. The hype and admiration of future squads ringing in my ear, I expected big things from them. Closing my eyes and standing back for a moment I took time to reflect on the names, names which had come and gone and left no impression on the club. Here today, gone tomorrow and forever a distant memory in the minds of many.

Seen better days
Put my face in my hands
Get down on my knees
And I pray to God

Grand Final day 94, *'s last game, and the day my world ended. All the history, build up and emotion of the game sticks with me to this day. Not being religious I didn’t pray for the game, but I think my grandma prayed for me, even if she didn’t understand the concept of Rugby League.

I have just started
And I wander down to the end
There's nothing I have lost
That was once placed up on my hands
And all of these hard times
Have faded around the bend
Now that I'm wiser
I cannot wait
Till I can help my friends

My loyalty will never be tested again, the sheer joy and excitement of following the Raiders is too much to forget. Whatever happened today stays in today, tomorrow is another day and I will be waiting there, I am forever in their debt for what they have achieved.

Seen better days
Put my face in my hands
Get down on my knees
And I pray to God

Seen better...

Stay true, stay loyal and don’t question yourself. It may get depressing, you may want to throw it all away but better days are ahead.

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

The new Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas banner, which was kindly made by team member TiTTieS. Great stuff man.

All team members should welcome the change, to keep the team unity alive.

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

What is everyone's thoughts on a December 11-18 game? The LU guys decide in early January so I think we need to get in one more time before then to prove we deserve it.

I dont know whether we should go with a game vs Rookie Raiders or go after another team wanting admission (Warriors) , if we lost that it would certainly kill us though

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

The Warriors have challenged a side to play them in a trial with a proposed starting date of the 11th, this Sunday.

I have said we would play them as we need a trial also. If they accept I would like to name a strong side that would beat them. They got further in the PVP than us, because they lost their first game.

Time for some CNTDN pride

Im up for it, who else is?

Warriors have accepted the challenge, so we have another chance to prove ourselves. I am naming the side, either way answer back and confirm or tell me you cant do it thanks.

Team so far...

Me
Ed
TiTTieS
Azz
*Parra Eels

Bench
Goldielocks
Kristo

* I have to ask Parra Eels and get a PM back from him.

Even if you havent been named in the proposed side please tell me of your availability.

Thanks

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

new CNTDN logo:

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Dang...Is she dead?

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

lmfao, that's an awesome pic!
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Well put Azzman, I think with all this present and drinking alcohol with family we forgot what today was all about.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK NORRIS!!!!

He doesnt look a day over 20, not bad for a guy who is over 2000 years old!

Merry Christmas also to my CNTDN team mates, you guys are great.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What about the rest of us Quinny? :cry: :lol:
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

You all had a chance to sign ;)

Merry Xmas Steven :oops

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Happy Festivus Ninjas. I love how we get a public holiday two days after Festivus, plenty of time to recover from the feats of strength.
Greenblooded
John Ferguson

Post by Greenblooded »

Raider Azz wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas you Norris freaks
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

:lol:

Scary :lol:
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

OK so Ninjas... Apparently the Raiders will play us after New Years (Which is now). It is up to my fellow Ninjas to decide on team positions/roles.

We are all captains, because of our united love and respect for each other. Unlike other teams, such as the Raiders side for example, we dont feel the need to put people on pedestals.

It is probably why they lost the Grand Final to be honest.

Anyway I dont really feel the need or have the desire to speak to Nicholas Townsend on MSN about organising a trial date. The guy frustrates me, plus ever since he scored over 55 in an article for the first time, he has become a little annoying.

I would of course be willing to speak to Steven (Edit by GE), but lets face it. Steven couldnt organise a root in a brothel, he lacks the decision making skills. This is further demonstrated as it is well known he works high up in the government and Australia still went in to Iraq, fighting another country's war (sic) (Addition by GE).

So the best I can do now is get our team ready for a match, a match up possibly against the over achieving Canberra side, led by the guy who made them choke in the final last year.

Ninjas please express your interest in being apart of the side who wants to beat the "rookie" Canberra side.
Last edited by paulquinn49 on January 2, 2006, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inactive

Post by Inactive »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

arrh it's business as usual in 2006 :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

R69 is the captain of the Raiders side and he decides on these things. It is not something I could help you with or make a decision on as I am just a player in the team.

You might be lucky Quinny and R69 might agree to your proposal, but I wouldn't count on it, given your repeated rejections of the offer of a trial previously and your latest missive. ;)
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

I know Ed will be up for a game if it is against The Faders, I'm up for it aswell. Will be a laugh either way.

TiTTieS should be in because I know he isnt the biggest fan of some of the Raiders guys.

So that is 3 places taken on the CNTDN side. Only 2 spots left.

Not suprisingly during Nick's constant whoring of the site he has overlooked this forum, through fear,imo of course

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

id play quinny, cos id know i wouldnt need to write an article cos we'd beat the faiders with only 4 players easily
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

quinn, give me a date and ill assemble a team for the raiders, pending availability it could be anything from complete rookie team, to our GF team
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Sunday 8th - Sunday 17th would be swell.

Great attitude Azzman, if you want in though I have no probs. Always willing to learn about the great Adam Mogg :oops

Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

sounds good, get the ball rolling with the admins over at LU and its a done deal quinny
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

The game is set for tomorrow.

Ninjas will win imo

Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Raiders by abit IMO
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Ninjas lineup vs the out of form Faders

PQ
TiTTieS
Parra Eels
Undertaker Mike
Les Amber

Bench
Julian87
Edabomb

* Team may change before it is named officially on Monday arvo.

Remember guys this is the Raiders and it isnt a grand final, so they are likely to put up a fight seems "nothing" is on the line.

paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

We find out tomorrow if we are in the 06 comp or not.

No matter what happens, i love you guys, remember that.

P.S I probably wont speak to any of you again either if we fail btw

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry to see you guys missed out.

F7s radio last night said CNTDNs and Rhinos missing out were the biggest shocks, and they said "Paul Quinn" had done extremely well in putting together a full team, but the critical thing was ensuring players weren't spread too thinly over the competition and ensuring that there were always 5V5 match ups. They suggested the Ninjas/Raiders trial didn't help convince the F7s Committee that CNTDNs would field a full team each match.

In any case, I'm very sorry to see you guys were not admitted.

BTW for those interested, F7s radio next Thursday night will be a preview of the 2006 F7s season, where they will rate the prospects of all the teams.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

CNTDN's missed out :shock: :cry:

was looking forward to reading some of their work ;)

bad luck guys
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Cheers GE and Bay. It was a hard slog, but we disgraced Chuck in the end.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Damn, bad luck guys. You put a lot of effort into it, especially you Quinny. Chuck would still be proud, imo.