Newtown Bluebags 2005

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Newtown Bluebags 2005

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Our pre season trial has commenced and I will be posting an article for them within the next few days. Is Newtowns anyones second team here?? You know, we'd like to have yous cheering for us when we're in the semis and krisman is left contemplating what might of been if he was rightly appointed captain!!!!
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Newtown are my 2nd fav PL team and Hrundi is a big fan aswell if I remember correctly
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Newtown will be tough to beat this year, reigning champs and all but i think the raiders have it in us to beat them, we got them in the PvP but that wasnt their best team so they will be a tall oder to top but we can do 8)
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

i played on Henson Park once 8) . poorly, though :?
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Oh was that you in PL last year Kris?

Jets will be strong with the Sharks merger now.

Hey Ed, Robster in the Bluebags forum team?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Na, I'm fairly certain Robster went his own way.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I will never cheer for the Blugbags with a tratior like edabomb in the team!!
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Half way through my article....

Opinions???

South Sydney v2.0 – Three seasons on…

In 1999, one of the most famous clubs in Australian sport was left out of the 2000 NRL competition. Many younger fans saw this as the final indignity for a club that had suffered a horrible ten-year period. A record of 59 wins and 161 losses over this period illustrated the poor performance levels that had become a losing culture at the club. Simultaneously, older fans were disgusted that such a glorified franchise had been dismissed from the game they came to love. With twenty premierships under their belt, lifetime supporters could not understand how recent franchises Auckland and Melbourne were retained at the expense of their Souths.

These lifelong fans refused to let go of the formerly great South Sydney. Souths missed the 2001 and 2002 seasons as the battle was taken to court. Making the argument that Souths should be reintroduced, as the strong Souths community were more valid in our society than the financial reasoning the NRL had given to ‘kick them out’. The court ruled in Souths favour, and they were in turn reintroduced for the 2002 season.

So three seasons on, with a record of 13 wins and 57 losses, can neutral fans still see a reason behind Souths ongoing struggles? In 2002, Souths averaged 15,173 fans at home games. This figure gave the NRL optimism; all those fans that backed Souths re-admittance were supporting them with their feet, and most importantly their money. With only five wins that season, things were not looking particularly good for 2003. Another off-season without signing the franchise player Souths desperately need, and the results continued.

Attendance dropped to the mid 9,000s for 2003 and 2004. Clearly, the ‘loyal’ fans who backed Souths return to the NRL were losing patience with their battlers. The figures, however, were a large increase when compared with the 5-6,000 averaged between 1996 and 1998. So has Souths re-admittance been proven a failure yet?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote:Garbage. Put it up.
Haha keep the abuse coming Pops!!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ha!!!!!!!!! Great comeback ed....... :D
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Its good, I like it. Cause I kinda like Souths tho

How long till you do a Newtown one Ed, Seems youve forgotten about :? :? :?

Oh Canberra, yeah them
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

A solid victory to Newtown 435-335 (with the Sharks down a player).
Quite happy with my individual performance too!!!! Gonna carve you Raiders come the season proper 8)

edabomb
South Sydney v2.0 – Three seasons on…
748 Words
Well written piece about the struggles of the South Sydney club.
Score 86