Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: NRLCEO 2014: The GH Championship - Draft has started

Post by Zip Zip »

^^
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

The Tuggeranong Vikings squad for the 2014 GH Championship is its strongest ever:

1. Anthony Milford
2. Marika Koroibete
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Jack Wighton
5. Anthony Minichiello
6. Terry Campese
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Brett White
9. Matt Srama
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Josh Papalii
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Luke Lewis
14. Jordan McLean
15. Tony Williams
16. Nathan Peats
17. Antonio Winterstein
18. Dylan Farrell
19. Jacob Loko
20. James Tamou
21. Jason Taumalolo
22. Ben T'eo
23. Ben Hunt
24. Dean Whare
25. Aiden Tolman
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

You know you are doing ok when Tolman, Tamou and Te'o aren't even in your top 20.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Srama doesnt look like he will be fit for round 1 after shoulder surgery but Peats will slot in there and will probably play big minutes for Parra and the Vikings
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

I should've added in no particular order...lol
Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by Lord Funkington »

Seems I need a 5/8. I thought I could play someone else there but system won't let me... Great start for the filthy pigs!
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I'll no doubt regret this but I have Foran as my starter.

I have Beau Henry (HB and FE) and I have Jamie Soward (FE and 6 point kicker) I will offer one but it depends on your counter offer of course..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

Zip Zip wrote:Hey what's the deal with trading and drafting after the original draft is finished?
?
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I'm not sure of the ins and outs.. But maybe Rra or Millsy can help..
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Zip. If you log in on a desktop or lappy and go to your squad page. on the right of the players list you ahve a few icons and one being a garbage bin (delist player) one being two intersecting arrows (propose trade to other team in your comp) and the info icon where you can look at the players past performances, previous season and just detailed info..

I am about to propose a trade with Lord Funkington for Jamie Soward..
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Actually.. I will leave it as is.. If you want a 5/8 I have (outside of Foran) let me know what you are offering.. haha..
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Zip.

You get 50 terminations for the year. So you can dump any player you want and pick up whoever. Just keep in mind the kicking points, if you want to pick up anyone with points.

You can do trades with anyone, but if a goal kicker is involved the kicker points apply as well :)

I'll have a better idea on how things work with this site once we finish our draft.

Worm, thanks for the great work getting this draft finished so quick :thumbsup
Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins

Millsy, so I can cut a bloke and replace for my five eighth? That's good news. What quality is left is my problem. Teach me not to read the instructions.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Yeah you can axe anyone mate. Have a look at everyone team and see who is stacked with a few 5/8s and try do a trade.
Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Post by Ferret86 »

Morning fellas. Just logging in to touch base with how things are going for you. Are the any burning questions you need answered? Any bugs to report?

I hope you've enjoyed the drafting experience a lot more than previous years. We will be working on a Quick Draft method for next year as well.
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins

NRLCEO 2014: The GH Championship - Draft has started

Ferret86 wrote:Morning fellas. Just logging in to touch base with how things are going for you. Are the any burning questions you need answered? Any bugs to report?

I hope you've enjoyed the drafting experience a lot more than previous years. We will be working on a Quick Draft method for next year as well.
all good for me Ferret, just didn't realise that players are only good for the position it says next to them!
The one thing I would ask is about setting draft preferences using the app, I couldn't figure it out.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Lord Funkington wrote:
Ferret86 wrote:Morning fellas. Just logging in to touch base with how things are going for you. Are the any burning questions you need answered? Any bugs to report?

all good for me Ferret, just didn't realise that players are only good for the position it says next to them!
The one thing I would ask is about setting draft preferences using the app, I couldn't figure it out.
Not that this helps as your draft is over but

I go

Link to website
Press Profile
In the drop down box ( the 3 lines top right ) , press that and it should open options Home ,Squad and Players
Press home

Then you can select preferences
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Everything with the site has been great Ferret, the draft is running smooth and very quick with selecting players.

You guys will be a lifesaver if the quick draft returns next year, this 24hr stuff is painful to say the least :) I'm use to picking a player every two minutes.

One question I do have - If a player is out for the season (Lachlan Coote) for instance. Did I read on the blog site, I can put him on some sort of injury list and then he wont count as a termination against that team when you drop him.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: NRLCEO 2014: The GH Championship - Season Thread.

Post by Millsy »

When you have paid your $10 for the comp can you let me know in here, we have until Rd 5.
aussie1st
David Furner

Re: NRLCEO 2014: The GH Championship - Season Thread.

Post by aussie1st »

I've paid my dues.
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

Lord Funkington wrote:

Unfortunately you can't draft or set any preferences on the App Lord Funkington. The App is designed to be a quick and dirty selection and score checking option during the season.

Although if you can only access your mobile phone, the site is mobile responsive, meaning it works well for mobile and you should have all the options available on there.
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Ferret86 wrote:
Lord Funkington wrote:

Unfortunately you can't draft or set any preferences on the App Lord Funkington. The App is designed to be a quick and dirty selection and score checking option during the season.

Although if you can only access your mobile phone, the site is mobile responsive, meaning it works well for mobile and you should have all the options available on there.
Yeah it works, If you hit the 'More' option then 'Link to website' you can control both the draft pick and your preferences on the app.

It all worked well for me.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: NRLCEO 2014: The GH Championship - Season Thread

Post by Millsy »

Hopefully you guys have worked out how thing work on the site and Coaches Box by now - if not.

To go to your team lineup go to Coaches Box.

It has the players listed on the left, click the little down arrow to see the players stats when the season starts or one of the icons near sort by name.

Where it shows your Rd 1 team in on field positions, to change players in a certain position, click on a player and it brings up a drop box, click on the player you want to make a change, bench 1 and 2 are for your forwards if you want them to have a chance to get a work horse, bench 3 and 4 for backs, forward in these two spots wont get a WH, but you can select any player you want on the bench this year.

To delist or terminate a player, click on squad at the top and it shows your squad, under actions is the delist icon which is the bin.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I imagine this question must have a pretty obvious answer, but how do you assign a kicker?
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Toviii wrote:I imagine this question must have a pretty obvious answer, but how do you assign a kicker?
I have just got ferret to sort that out. I didn't have it enabled right when I set up the comp.

In you team line up with the on field view where you select your team, next to each play their is a star in the top right corner, click on it and it fills in black and your kicker is selected :)
Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

Got it. Thanks for that Millsy!
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

Millsy wrote:

Everything with the site has been great Ferret, the draft is running smooth and very quick with selecting players.

You guys will be a lifesaver if the quick draft returns next year, this 24hr stuff is painful to say the least :) I'm use to picking a player every two minutes.

One question I do have - If a player is out for the season (Lachlan Coote) for instance. Did I read on the blog site, I can put him on some sort of injury list and then he wont count as a termination against that team when you drop him.
The injury list is up to the discretion of the Comp Admin. You have the rights to
Change each users total terminations. In the case of Lachlan Coote you can delete the termination that they used in cutting them.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

INJURY LIST

Luke Keary (suspected pectoral)

David Williams (possible ACL)

George Jennings (arm/wrist)

Lachlan Coote (ACL - six months)

Curtis Sironen (fractured foot - six weeks)

Mitchell Moses (shoulder)

Michael Chee-Kam (elbow - six weeks)

Jarrod Mullen (hamstring)

David Taylor (ankle)

David Stagg (knee - 2-6 weeks)

Todd Carney (hamstring)

Ben Barba (ankle)

Kyle Feldt (hamstring)

Isaac Lui (knee)

Dylan Farrell (concussion)

Mitchell Pearce (knee)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6828583768
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Raidersrawesome wrote:INJURY LIST

Luke Keary (suspected pectoral)

David Williams (possible ACL)

George Jennings (arm/wrist)

Lachlan Coote (ACL - six months)

Curtis Sironen (fractured foot - six weeks)

Mitchell Moses (shoulder)

Michael Chee-Kam (elbow - six weeks)

Jarrod Mullen (hamstring)

David Taylor (ankle)

David Stagg (knee - 2-6 weeks)

Todd Carney (hamstring)

Ben Barba (ankle)

Kyle Feldt (hamstring)

Isaac Lui (knee)

Dylan Farrell (concussion)

Mitchell Pearce (knee)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6828583768
I didn't get out of the 9's on the injury front very well did I, I might be looking for a 5/8 myself shortly.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ouch

They are saying Taylor is about round 2 , not sure on others other than Sironen which is stated
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I only got hit with Pearce.. But by the looks of this very tournament I have a ready made replacement in Cornish..
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I'm all good. Pearce is playing this weekend in the world club challenge as it's just a cork. They just rested him Sunday as precautionary.

Mitchell's sister is my colleague.. Inside scoop.. Haha..
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Ouch

They are saying Taylor is about round 2 , not sure on others other than Sironen which is stated
I've read Mullen is 4-6, so only a few rounds. But hammys can be hard to overcome.

Toviii
Laurie Daley

Post by Toviii »

I wonder how long Keary is out for. He's only depth for me at this stage, but would've been interesting to see what kind of scores he'd be getting starting at 6.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga