NRLCEO 2014

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: NRLCEO 2014 - 3 needed for Division 2 Comp

Post by Millsy »

Capital Punishment wrote:I'll go around again, cheers.
Ah good stuff mate.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: NRLCEO 2014 - 2 needed for Division 2 Comp

Post by Millsy »

NRLCEO posted on Twitter the season guide will be available this week.

The site is on track to open next Saturday Feb 1.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

I just hope the site functions a lot better than last year. Because of all the issues my work network locked the site as being a virus and would not let me access it.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Lucy wrote:I just hope the site functions a lot better than last year. Because of all the issues my work network locked the site as being a virus and would not let me access it.
It should be better than the last few years Worm, well lets hope so anyway :lol: They mentioned testing of the site went well.

The new site will be a lot more responsive to mobile phones as well, its going to have an iPhone app, and will work with android.

That will be good for the draft being able to go on the phone at work and pick :)
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

That's great news! I was heaps keen on the season and that put a massive dampener on it die to not being able to access..

Keen for this year.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Lucy wrote:That's great news! I was heaps keen on the season and that put a massive dampener on it die to not being able to access..

Keen for this year.
Last season started bad with the draft not working properly, half the Legends of League Comps were cancelled and then it ended in an absolute disaster with the site **** itself in the finals, those guys knew it was time to put a bomb under it.

It put a dampener on the whole 2013 season.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

The app should be a good inclusion.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Keen for the app..
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

The 2014 NRLCEO Season Guide will be released tomorrow or Monday - $7.95 same as last year.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: NRLCEO 2014

Post by Millsy »

Ok guys I'm calling it today - Shezza has been promoted up to Division 1, doobyntus has pm'd me and he is coming back and joining Division 2.

Our comps are now full and we are ready to draft once the site opens hopefully in another week.

We have 8 in Division 2, but we can have 10 if two more join in the next week.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Myself and Raidersrawesome got to have a look at the new set up of the comp last night, I set up a comp just to see how it works and have a look around.

Lets just say its a lot better than last year, so much more customization with the scoring and setting up, I can also have others join the admin and help out with the comp during the year.

We can customize each player position scoring, for example - if we want our spine 1,6,7 and 9 to score a try assist as 4 pts and our forwards maybe only 2 pts we can. We can also have our outside backs score a work horse try if we want, I'm thinking maybe 2 pts, sometimes a back can do 30+ tackles and 10+ runs if they have a big night on defence.

I'm going to keep trying different things and leaning how things work for the time being until the site opens, I could open the comp up and let you all join but the site still has a few things to be finalized and then reset and the comp could be deleted when its reset before opening.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Ah I also got an early copy of the season guide today, its a very good read :D

I'll put the link up tonight and you can all go and purchase it if you like - $7.95.

The cover is pretty good, it has wankers Dugan and ferguson on the roof drinking those cruisers, and the nude nut streaker from Origin.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I have a problem with my team name :lol:
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Raidersrawesome wrote:I have a problem with my team name :lol:
Yeah it seemed to change a few times :lol:

From GC Raiders to Roosters and then to Legends :D
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Around when are the drafts likely to take place?
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Sir McSquid wrote:Around when are the drafts likely to take place?
The site is suppose to open in the first week of Feb some time. So I'd say a few days after it opens, the 24 hr draft is the only draft available this year, so it might take 3 or 4 weeks to do with 25 rds.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

I have always found the 24 hour draft to be the best. It allows time for a little study on what players and positions are most valuable to you at that time. You just need to ensure everyone keeps an eye on it and you have some which days when you get through two rounds or so..
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

NRLCEO 2014 Season Guide

This 2014 Season Guide is just the potion needed to dominate your private League on NRLCEO. With 48 pages jam packed with information and statistcs, it is the only preparation tool needed prior to your draft on http://www.nrlceo.com.

This NRLCEO Season Guide for 2014 will be the best $7.95 you have spent outside of the JB Hi-Fi bargain bin and all the profits will go straight back into running NRLCEO for years to come. At NRLCEO, we have put our collective ‘guru’ heads together to help you with your Premiership pursuits. What’s makes us gurus I hear you ask? Well, 7 out of 12 Legends of League Premierships tells a story about our credentials!

As you will see, your NRLCEO Season Guide is jam packed with player and team information as well as tips from the gurus. But NRLCEO revolves around one thing - numbers. Every successful CEO peruses the stats and there is no doubt that they are the life blood of every fantasy fanatic. This Season Guide is specific to NRLCEO and the stats that we have compiled should help you gain that edge over your competitors – a necessity for private competitions against mates!

As usual, we have been busier than Todd Carney’s parole officer in the off-season, working hard to provide the best fantasy rugby league platform for you; the real CEO’s. We have obviously changed platforms this year and we talk a little bit about what that will mean for your private competitions.

They say money can’t buy happiness and for most things that is true! However, in this guide, there is happiness in abundance and we have included a statistics column on those who achieved the new, rare and highly prized Double Work Horse points in 2013. We reward forwards who have a strong attacking and defensive game and hence players like CP13 and CS9 top the Double Workhorse hit list.

Thank you for purchasing this product and we wish you the best of luck for your season in 2014.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

This is the link for the Season Guide, click on Buy and Download - the purchase is via credit card or paypal.

You will be sent an email with a link for the download, the guide is a PDF file you can store on your PC desktop.

http://store.payloadz.com/details/19110 ... guide.html
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Why do we need to **** around with the scoring?? Why not just use the default method?? Surely that's the most balanced??
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Millsy wrote:Ok guys I'm calling it today - Shezza has been promoted up to Division 1,
Shezza Bradbury.

I'll take it though!!!
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

The new site is opening this Saturday Feb 1.

As soon as it opens I will create the comp, even while I'm setting things up I'll be able to invite you all to join, you join the site like the last few years with an email address and password. I will have to pm you the competition token and you copy and paste it in I think, Raidersrawesome will be able to confirm this after I invited him to join the test comp I set up the other day.

Once everyone has joined and ready to rumble the draft will begin.

I will worry about Division 1 first until I find out if we can have the 2 Divisions in the one competition with promotion/relegation, or if we have to have 2 separate comps again.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Confirmed
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Guy I'm going to put up the draft and season threads shortly.

This year we are able to have a league competition with both of our Divisions under the one banner and one set of comp rules.

Because its going to be a league style comp, I was thinking we call it -The GH Premier League.

Division 1 will be The GH Premiership and Division 2 The GH Championship.

We will once again have promotion/relegation - This year the Wooden Spooners from Div 1 are relegated and the Premiers from Div 2 are promoted. I haven't had confirmation as yet on how many get promoted and relegated, but I think its only one.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Sounds good
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Happy with that Millsy..

Any news on when the app is ready to download? I have tried a couple times to find it but it's not ready yet..
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Lucy wrote:Happy with that Millsy..

Any news on when the app is ready to download? I have tried a couple times to find it but it's not ready yet..
Ah yeah I did see nrlceo post up on twitter the app should be ready to use on Saturday when the site opens.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Cheers mate.
aussie1st
David Furner

Post by aussie1st »

Day has arrived, excitement has kicked in again.
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

I can't figure of how to see the table for the tier that you are not signed up to? Will it be possible to look at the Championship table throughout the season? It would be good if we could...
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

SubLime Green wrote:I can't figure of how to see the table for the tier that you are not signed up to? Will it be possible to look at the Championship table throughout the season? It would be good if we could...
Once everyone has joined up I should be able to being the commissioner of the comp, and whoever gets added as admin to help out will also be able to I'd say.

I have finished setting up the scoring but I will get Mike from nrlceo to check over a few things tomorrow, the scoring is the same as last year apart from the 40/20 it is now 2 points. This year we can pick whoever we want on the bench, so it doesn't have to be two backs and two forwards, it could be four backs or four forwards its up to you.