NRLCEO 2012 - The GH Premiership

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Welcome to NRLCEO 2012.

Hey guys, I have sent out the invitations for the GH Premiership 2012 season, hopefully everyone is keen to return for another year of mayhem, the Stirling Silverbacks will be the hunted after going back to back, I'm thinking this year will the best yet.

We are welcoming Sublime Green (GH Championship Premiers) and the runners up Seamonkey, welcome boys.

The top 8 teams from last year have been invited back to the GH Premiership plus the top two from Div 2, if anyone can't play or doesn't want to join, marcofski will come in to Div 1, Poida has informed me he wont be able to play this year.

I got an email from NRLCEO yesterday, they will know the exact opening date for the site this time next week, I guess we will have to sign up again like last year, they also informed me they have two new scoring additions for 2012, the 40/20 it will be scored 1 or 2 points, also we will have Double Work Horse tries - this will be a great addition I think, it is scored similar to the WH try from last year, Forwards must make a combination of 60 tackles and runs PLUS they must run at least 125m. Hookers must make a combination of 50 tackles and runs PLUS run over 75m.

We will also look at using the Quick Draw Draft this year, its much faster than the 4 hr crap we have used the past two years.

THE QUICK DRAW RECRUITMENT

This Quick Draw is a straight recruitment method with the emphasis on speed! Once recruitment has started, coaches are able to pick up any players that are on the open market. However, it is strategic in that only one player can be recruited each round. Each round lasts two minutes. This means that for a competition that consists of 25 players squad limits, an entire draft will be completed in under an hour. This is a fast, pressurised and strategic straight recruitment method. Once the recruitment time is completed, players are then able to be picked up until squads are full - this is only required if a coach missed the opportunity to pick up a player in the draft with the time limit being exceeded.

This draft was good in the Legends of League Comp last year, it was fastand furious thats for sure, a few things to note, you can't do a pre-draft list, the draft is all good for about 15 rds then it becomes a little tough finding players you want in the two minutes, that was when the pressure started to hit, if you miss a player in any rd its ok, after the drat finishes you can quickly go to the free agency and pick up the extra players, you have to be at the draft, if you can't make it, you don't have the auto select, you will just have to go in and pick up what ever scraps are left :lol:

I will also put a thread for Division 2 the GH Championship, so If anyone is intersted in playing, just go put your name down it will be first in best dressed :P I'll put you down for Div 2 marcofski if your keen to play, but like I said if anyone drops out or can't play in Div 1 you will come up ok.
Last edited by Millsy on February 6, 2012, 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Re: NRLCEO 2012 - The GH Premiership

Post by SirMcSquid »

With the quick draft what happens if more than one player is picked for the same round?
e.g. in round 3, 4 people go to select Dugan. Does the first person to click on Dugan get him?
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

The GH Premiership Teams 2012

Nth Qld Raider - NQ All Stars
Raidersrawesome - Gold Coast Raiders
Lurch - Stirling Silverbacks
GD - Greenway Bobsleds
Fuifui Bradbrad - Hoosier Daddy
Sir McSquid - Sir McSquid's Squad
skeepe - Tuggeranong Hills Hoists
VictorTheViking - Queanbeyan Queers
SubLime Green - Campbell Colts
Seamonkey - Apollos Creed
Last edited by Millsy on February 2, 2012, 9:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Sir McSquid wrote:With the quick draft what happens if more than one player is picked for the same round?
e.g. in round 3, 4 people go to select Dugan. Does the first person to click on Dugan get him?
Yeah I think its whoever is fastest at picking, if a player is gone from the draft board he has been picked.

You have to have a good strategy and be fast with picks.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Dont you still take turns in quick draft? Im sure it was that way , but you have a small time limit to pick a player.

Have pre drafts selected as well , its handy to have
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

I don't think the quick draft has the pre-draft list, you all go at once and its a race to get the player you want each rd.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Nth Qld Raider wrote:I don't think the quick draft has the pre-draft list, you all go at once and its a race to get the player you want each rd.

ok , is that the way the legends done it? I cant remember it that way.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
Nth Qld Raider wrote:I don't think the quick draft has the pre-draft list, you all go at once and its a race to get the player you want each rd.

Yeah I'm sure it was.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Nth Qld Raider wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:

Yeah I'm sure it was.

yeah , how you described it rings a bell now.
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

Yeh, it's definitely a race to pick the player, or at least it was in the League of Legends last year. Looking forward to playing this year, and stopping the triple threat from Lurch. ;)
Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Post by Ferret86 »

Hi Guys,

Happy to answer any questions you have about the coming year on NRLCEO. We've made a number of changes for 2012, most of which you won't see as a user, but have been made in order to ensure the website runs as well as possible. Of the visible changes we have added a Snake Draft to those who want the longer draft of each player picking over a specified time. This means the order goes 1-2-3-4-5-6-6-5-4-3-2-1 if you have a 6-person competition. We have also upgraded the navigation options around the site to make it a little easier to jump around pages.

There are also a few rule changes for 2012. We have included 40/20's this year which will sit in the same column as field goal and will be known as Kicking Points. These are set as "1" for default, but of course can be changed by the competition administrator. Even more important is the inclusion of a Double Work Horse. Currently a player receives a default 4 points if they make 40+ tackles and hit ups combined. In 2012, we are rewarding the competitions most hard working forward with the potential to score default 8 points! This will be achieved by 60 (tackles and hitups) and 120m+ runs for front rowers and back rowers, and 50 (tackles and hitups) and 100m+ for hookers.

To answer your question in regard to the Quick Draw method. Its a first in first served approach. If you take a moment to think about drafting Dugan, he may be gone in front of your eyes. There is no order of selections, everyone must be on the ball and logged on at the same time to ensure a fair draft. You are a LONG way behind if you miss the draft!

Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions about NRLCEO in 2012 and don't forget to tell your mates!

Cheers

Ferret
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Welcome back Ferrett, we missed you last year while you were away overseas chasing all the women :D
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Dugan Dynamites owned him last year , thats the way I remember it anyway :lol:
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Seamonkey has confirmed he is in for 2012, so the 10 teams for The GH Premiership are now finalized and we are ready to rumble.

Thanks to everyone for your quick replies its great to have part out of the way, now we can worry about the draft.

The NRLCEO site should be opened by the end of this month, what are your thoughts on a draft day, do we wait until the trials have been played, just to see what players get injured, or do we just get stuck in and do the draft, I'm thinking the week following the All Stars game, Monday Feb 6 - that week, just remember if you want a team you have to turn up, the quick draft doesn't have auto select, so you will be left with the scraps to pick from.
Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Post by Ferret86 »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Dugan Dynamites owned him last year , thats the way I remember it anyway :lol:

Who's got the Legends of League Title though Dugan and will be representing in the Champions League???
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Nth Qld Raider wrote:I'm thinking the week following the All Stars game, Monday Feb 6 - that week, just remember if you want a team you have to turn up, the quick draft doesn't have auto select, so you will be left with the scraps to pick from.
I'll be on my cruise from 13/02 - 24/02 so those dates aren't good for me.
I don't mind if you draft without me though, I can win with a team of scraps :P
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Nth Qld Raider wrote:I'm thinking the week following the All Stars game, Monday Feb 6 - that week, just remember if you want a team you have to turn up, the quick draft doesn't have auto select, so you will be left with the scraps to pick from.
I'll be on my cruise from 13/02 - 24/02 so those dates aren't good for me.
I don't mind if you draft without me though, I can win with a team of scraps :P
We can get the draft done before you go away on the 13th Fui no problem at all, wouldn't want you getting all the scraps :D
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Nth Qld Raider wrote:We can get the draft done before you go away on the 13th Fui no problem at all, wouldn't want you getting all the scraps :D
Frightened you'll be beat by a team of scraps eh? :P
Might have to do an unveiling for my new team, now being know as "Victorious Secret"
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ferret86 wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Dugan Dynamites owned him last year , thats the way I remember it anyway :lol:

Who's got the Legends of League Title though Dugan and will be representing in the Champions League???

minor details :lol:
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

New GCR Emblem

Gold Coast Raiders are relaunching their brand in 2012. With a new Emblem and Jersey, the club hopes to have renewed enthusiasm for the 2012 season

Last year's Grand final coach Adam has stepped aside and has become the clubs talent scout and is currently in the Bahamas looking for talent. GCR are actively seeking applications for a new Head Coach.

CEO Ryan Tandy has been in 11th hour discussions with hopeful major sponsors but as of last week TABcorp pulled out of negotiations and the deal with Costa Cruises looks to have sunk. Tandy is optimistic a sponsor will be found before the season kicks off.

GCR hope to finalise their playing roster by mid February.

I'll apologise up front , my stories are not any better than last year :)
Last edited by Raidersrawesome on January 19, 2012, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

New season, new look team
By Justin Credible - Daily Bugle 17/01/2012

Times are a changing. O'Houlihan made scapegoat for 2011. Source - Fui's Images

With just weeks until the start of the GH Premiership, last year's 4th placegetters the 'Blacktown Bombers' have announced a raft of new changes. After a controversial ending to last season, Bombers coach Fuifui Bradbrad declared he was ready to put it all behind him.

"Without a doubt, last year was dreadful. We finished tied in our 3rd place playoff and yet we still lost. I don't know how it happened, personally I think it might have had something to do with the Gold Coast Raiders new CEO. Not going into detail, I'm just saying."

After that loss, the team underwent an internal review. The Coaching staff, players and the Mascot all decided to go to Bangkok in an effort to find themselves and find where the team went wrong. After an extensive honesty session, the team announced the following changes as recognised by the team. Starting this season;
  • * The team has picked up a new title sponsor, Hoosier Tyres
    * As a result of this, the team will no longer be known as the Blacktown Bombers. Instead, this season, the team will be known as 'Hoosier Daddy'
    * Assistant Coach Patches O'Houlihan will step down from his position, and accept a new role as Player Welfare Manager. The Daddy's will soon announce their new Assistant Coach
    * Des Flattenedtyre will remain as CEO
    * Players will received post-game Ice Cream after every loss
When we asked Daddy's Captain Simon Mannering about the new changes, his response was 'Pass'

We will look on with interest to see how these changes will affect the club this season.
Last edited by FuiFui BradBrad on January 17, 2012, 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nickman's love of NSW
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

GD’s Great Ones to unveil new coach

After seconds of speculation GM of the Great Ones Bee Hive has announced that Chuck Norris has been sacked as coach of the fledgling club.

“We will announce a new coach when the time is right, I have no one around whose nappies I used to change so we will have to put some real thought into this” Mr Hive said

“We might even change our name, but we need to get our priorities right and find the right coloured socks for the upcoming season” he also added.

An announcement is expected in the coming weeks with Bee to travel to America this week to scout coaches in the States.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

NQ All Stars announce new CEO for 2012

NQ All Stars owner Nathan Tinkler has today confirmed that the club has signed former Melbourne Storm CEO Brian Waldron for 2012, Brian replaces outgoing CEO GE who now moves into the coaching staff as NQR's Assistant. To some this signing will seem a controversial move but to Nathan its the right move going forward, " yeah mate I think we have made a great decision getting Brian on board, he did a good job on Melbourne, from what I understand all the players down their really liked and enjoyed his company :D he was the best man available and everyone deserves a second chance ( don't they Todd Carney, and a third and a fourth and a fifth ......). Whatever went on down their was more of a media beat up, a STORM in a tea cup type of thing, so it doesn't affect us at all, with Brian here now and myself owning the club I think we should be financially secure for a number of years to come."

Brian told me what went on in Melbourne and I believe he was treated a little harsh by the Storm and the media, he said yes he had meeting with the players every Friday at 1pm behind the Western Grandstand, but only to give the boys lunch (in brown paper bags that is) that's the sort of bloke he is, he would give you his shirt off his own back if he had to, It's not Brian's fault Greg Inglis used his lunch bag to carry money in, he should of went and bought a wallet.

Hey if he wants to give my boys at this club lunch every Friday behind the Western Stand I told him to go for his life, no one knocks back a free lunch, as long as I get one and the coaching staff as well, It would be good for everyone to sit down and catch up as a group once a week, call it team bonding if you like.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

NRLCEO is coming - The countdown is on!

It is an exciting time in Fantasy Rugby League Land as it is less than a week until NRLCEO opens for another season. In the off season the NRLCEO team has been busy, working on providing you, the fans, with the ultimate fantasy experience.

NEW TO NRLCEO

The NRLCEO team is very excited to bring you the 2012 NRLCEO Season Guide. We have put together a 40 page feast of NRLCEO information, insights and team news which is bound to captivate the avid Fantasy Rugby League Fan. But that is not all - in this Guide there are secrets as to how you can beat your mates in your ultimate private competition. The 2012 NRLCEO Season Guide will go on sale for $6.95 and will be available within the next 48 hours. All you have to do is go to http://www.nrlceo.com and follow the directions!

2012 will also see the introduction of the Double Workhorse and will be awarded to forwards who take their game to the next level - a blinder in other words! We will also be rewarding 40/20 kicks to those players who manage the near impossible feat.

Once drafting in your competition is complete, NRLCEO coaches will notice the new and improved navigation within the 'My Squads' page. You will also notice that we have introduced a new drafting option called the Live 'Snake' Draft.

More information on all of these new additions can be seen in the Rules for NRLCEO on site.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND LEGENDS OF LEAGUE COMPETITIONS

2012 is a massive year and will see the Inaugural Champions League being contested by the 12 Legends of League winners from 2011. Of course, the public Legends of League Competitions will also run again with a place in the 2013 Champions League up for grabs for the winners!

We look forward to seeing plenty of private competitions being created in 2012 and for those who wish to join an NRLCEO public comp, there will be many varieties of competitions already created and available for entry.

We can't wait for next week where you can play NRLCEO - Your Game, Your Way!!

Stay tuned for more details on the opening day and time or contact us at nrlceo@y7mail.com if you have any questions.

NRLCEO Team
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Bombay shuffles into squad
By Dick Ryser – The Morning Horn

Coach Bombay

CEO Sir McSquid has proudly announced Gordon Bombay as the new coach for his Squad in 2012.

When we asked Gordon Bombay about his shock selection, he replied with

“Please, call me Emilio. And yeah being asked to coach in this rugby league competition thingy has come as a huge surprise. When the offer was first put to me I tried to explain to Sir McSquid that I’m an actor and that Gordon Bombay is just a character, you know, but that didn’t seem to get through to him. Also the offer was too good to refuse so meh.’”

CEO Sir McSquid responded to criticism of selecting someone as coach when they've never seen a game of rugby league

“Look, I’ve seen what Gordon can do with a rag tag bunch of pee-wee kids. This club is in safe hands.”

Sir McSquid is expected to reveal the new emblem and jersey in the coming days if he can be bothered.
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

NRLCEO opens Wednesday 25th January 7pm.

NEWSFLASH!!

The first ever edition of the NRLCEO Season Guide is now available for purchase from the website http://www.nrlceo.com. For just $6.95, prospective NRLCEO coaches will get value for money with the 40 page guide guaranteed to provide the edge over fellow competitors this season. All proceeds will go directly towards the improvement and longevity of NRLCEO.

The NRLCEO Team is also ready to announce that NRLCEO will open for Season 2012 this Wednesday Evening (25/1/12). At this time, NRLCEO coaches will be able to register, create competitions and draft their squads.

We look forward to the 2012 NRL season and more information leading up to the start of the NRL season about Legends of League Competitions will be available as the season approaches.

NRLCEO
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Once the site opens next Wednesday night, I'll set up the comp and send out the password so you can all sign up.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

good work NQR
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Thanks NQR, going to be a fun season.

Unless i lose then i will turn into a bitter has been
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Coach Klein announced as Hoosier Daddy's new Head Coach
By Justin Credible - The Daily Bugle

Fresh Start - Coach Klein to replace Patches O'Houlihan

It's been an incredible week in terms of high profile coaching announcements, with Sir McSquid announcing Gordon Bombay as their head coach. Now the Daddy's have announced their new coach for 2012. Coach Klein has joined the coaching ranks.

It was rumoured earlier in the week that Patches O'Houlihan will take over as player welfare manager, but we can reveal he has in fact left the club. In his rage, throwing a wrench towards CEO Des Flattenedtyre.

Coach Klein was unavailable for comment, as ran off once the wrench was flung. Police are currently conducting a search of the immediate area.

In other news, Hoosier Daddy have also announced that former it girl Paris Hilton has bought the club for a whopping $2.45. As such she will be represented on the front of the Daddy's jerseys. Below is a picture from the Jersey presentation

When we asked Ms Hilton what she thought of the weather in Australia, she replied "It's hot".

With a new look and a new season, expect great things from the Daddy's this year

Nickman's love of NSW
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

I just bought the $6.95 booklet, stacked with information. Is a bargain at that price.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

GCR to Bring back the biff

2012 jersey

At a function to launch the 2012 season at GCR's new headquarters and ground Gold Coast Parklands GCR are proud to announce they have secured a multi dollar sponsorship with Heinz .

Regional CEO of Heinz Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Korea Peter Widdows says its a great opportunity for his brand to be associated with such a strong club and looks forward to a long relationship. Heinz's new product will be splashed across the front on the 2012 jersey which was also revealed today.

GCR have followed suit and have announced their head coach for 2012 , GCR have pulled off a major coup by signing Reg Reagan . Reagan's manager revealed that he turned down offers from the other 9 clubs to sign on the dotted line with GCR. Reagan is in the process of finalising his coaching team which looks to include 80"s coach Jack Cooper.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

-GD- wrote:I just bought the $6.95 booklet, stacked with information. Is a bargain at that price.
I bought the booklet last night and just started reading it, your right its a bargain, for the amount of info and NRLCEO stats it has on every player from every team last year, well worth it.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Nth Qld Raider wrote:
-GD- wrote:I just bought the $6.95 booklet, stacked with information. Is a bargain at that price.
I bought the booklet last night and just started reading it, your right its a bargain, for the amount of info and NRLCEO stats it has on every player from every team last year, well worth it.
It wont let me buy it with my pay pal account :?:
-GD-
Don Furner

Post by -GD- »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
Nth Qld Raider wrote:
It wont let me buy it with my pay pal account :?:
Strange, thats how i paid for mine