Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Re: New NRLCEO comp

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Lurch wrote:
Nth Qld Raider wrote:GCR seems to be in the box seat having to take on the 8th placed boars, while the Grizzles take on the 2nd placed Silverbacks :thumbsup
That's a shame for the Grizzlies, muhahaha :evil:

You just do your job Lurch. pleeease :)
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Round 24 team.

1. Billy Slater
2. Joel Reddy
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Greg Inglis
5. Tony Williams
6. Jamie Lyon (c)
7. Luke Walsh
8. Jason Ryles
9. Jake Friend
10. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
11. Ben Te'o
12. Nate Myles
13. Simon Mannering

14. Zeb Taia
15. Dean Young
16. Matt Bowen
17. James Maloney
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Looks like the Grizzlies are going to win :(

No fairy tale for the Gold Coast Raiders
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Looks like the Grizzlies are going to win :(
Not yet. Just need Mat Rogers and Anthony Minichello to score 22 points tonight :shock:

Poor form this week. Time for some changes.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Lurch wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Looks like the Grizzlies are going to win :(
Not yet. Just need Mat Rogers and Anthony Minichello to score 22 points tonight :shock:

Poor form this week. Time for some changes.

Fingers crossed for hatrick from Rogers and Mini , also Graham and kenny Dowell to score none and get sin binned
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

24 Gilmore Grizzlies 72 - Stirling Silverbacks 44
24 Gold Coast Raiders 60 - the boars 0
24 Ferg 0 - Canberra Vikings 0
24 Nth Qld Raiders 84 - neme's ballers 100

I'm taking my ball and going home :(

Nth Qld Raiders..............36 412
Stirling Silverbacks..........35 297
neme's ballers................30 238
Gilmore Grizzlies..............25 198
Gold Coast Raiders..........24 94
Ferg.............................19 -160
Canberra Vikings.............13 -622
the boars......................10 -457
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Bad luck GCR, thought ya had a good chance of getting 4th, but the Grizzles hit their straps.

Not sure how the Finals works, but i gather its 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, the two winners in the GF.

Congrats to the other three team in the Finals, the Silverbacks, Grizzlies and neme's ballers, may the best team win :cmon
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

1st Semi-Final.
Nth Qld Raiders VS Gilmore Grizzlies

2nd Semi-Final.
Stirling Silverbacks VS neme's ballers
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Pre-season training starts for the Gold Coast Raiders this weekend.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Pre-season training starts for the Gold Coast Raiders this weekend.
Have you had the boys out on the piss and the strippers yet GCR :P
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Semi-Final Team.

1. Billy Slater
2. Joel Reddy
3. Greg Inglis
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Tony Williams
6. Jamie Lyon (c)
7. Luke Walsh
8. Jason Ryles
9. Jake Friend
10. Shane Tronc
11. Ben Te'o
12. Nate Myles
13. Simon Mannering

14. Zeb Taia
15. Dean Young
16. Joel Monaghan
17. James Maloney
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Nth Qld Raider wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Pre-season training starts for the Gold Coast Raiders this weekend.
Have you had the boys out on the piss and the strippers yet GCR :P

No-one turned up.

Not even the strippers :lol:
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

Stupid bloody buggery 6pm game!

NooooOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

skeepe wrote:Stupid bloody buggery 6pm game!

NooooOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Yeah skeepe :P

I can't believe you gave me a free path to the GF :lol: Think I O U a beer or two :thumbsup
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

**** me, another injury, Chris Lawrence seems to a broken jaw :( not needed with the GF next week.
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

I can't understand why it hasn't picked even random players for me as it did throughout the year when I got caught out and missed the cut off. Ferret?
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

skeepe wrote:I can't understand why it hasn't picked even random players for me as it did throughout the year when I got caught out and missed the cut off. Ferret?

It didnt last week either. there were at least 3 zero scores
Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Post by Ferret86 »

skeepe wrote:I can't understand why it hasn't picked even random players for me as it did throughout the year when I got caught out and missed the cut off. Ferret?
Sorry guys. We have had some crazy issues over the past few weeks. We thought we had ironed out all of the problems through extensive testing, but we just could not test every scenario. The auto selection must have been removed when changes were made. These changes had to be made because rounds were not being finalised and moving on to the next round. Unfortunately there's not a lot I can do for you forgetting to submit a team, but I will apologise for the auto selection not working this time. The game is very difficult to put together and it seems we still have a fair way to go before being perfect.

How would your team have gone anyway?
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Hey ferret86, i think the Grizzles would of had a big chance of winning this week if skeepe had of picked his team, think i'll only get 46 pts, my team has struggled and lost two more players to injury :rant

On auto not sure what he would of scored.

Can anything be done during the week ferret, it feels a little ordinary for me to go to the GF without skeepe getting some sort of team picked at least on auto.
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

My captain Benji Marshall would have scored a hat trick, tries to McCrone, SKD and others... that's if I got in on time of course, or if it took the previous week's team in the case of no submission.

Random, impossible to know I guess.

Doesn't matter, my fault for forgetting the cut off time, good luck to the grand finalists :)
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Hey skeepe, yeah i think you would of had a good weekend alright, Benji and Robbie Farah had good games and SKD, hope you put your team in this week and win 3rd place.

Iv'e had some luck this season, so i guess that was very good luck, but didn't escape to well, with Lawrence and Walsh added to a long injury list, oh well, sh#t happens, i'll put a team up and see how i go against the Silverbacks.

Congrats Lurch on making the GF, good luck this week mate :thumbsup
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

Look its up to you guys what you want to do. If you want to manually calculate your scores and see whether your team (skeepe) would have made the GF then there might be something we can do about it.

I just hope that you guys aren't a part of this tripe posted on the website: http://www.nrlceo.com/news/2010/8/31/163/GRAND_FINALS

Do they honestly think we've been doing nothing? Really makes me wonder why we should keep this game running when we cop it like that. We have put 100's of hours into the site on top of our full time jobs, not to mention the $ kanga we have invested, which is too embarrassing to mention when we cop it like this.

Please let me know what you want to do guys and I'll do my damn best to see if we can make it happen...
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

We've deleted the comments made now because they were seriously, seriously out of line. We will not accept people dropping f****'s and c****'s unneccessarily, threatening our families, and even hoping they get cancer. Please guys its just a game.

I appreciate how well all of you guys have taken this years version of NRLCEO. We appreciate that it has been less than ideal. We knew 2010 would be a rocky year and the goal was to get it right for 2011. I realise that many players probably don't care but without testing the site with multiple comps publically, the most intensive testing in private is virtually useless.

This doesn't excuse the issues that have arisen and that have caused some comps to experience mass difficulties of course. Nor is it close to what we wanted when we decided to give this a go at going public.

In the end, some users won't be back next year and that is fine. To be honest, we don't mind the abusive emails that have come from some keyboard jockeys. It will only inspire us to work harder towards 2011...

All constructive criticism is welcome...
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

It certainly wasn't me Ferret, and no I don't want there to be any recalculations or any of that sort of thing... the rules of the game are that you have to have your team submitted by before the start of the first match of the round, I was absent-minded and forgot there was an early game and as such I broke that rule. Nobody's fault but my own and I now look forward to the 3rd place playoff this week.

I work in IT Ferret, specifically as a web developer so I know exactly how hard these things can be. The benefit I have is that most of my projects are done for private companies so I don't have to cater for a massive user base or anything like that.

Personally, I probably wouldn't have made a change that knocked out some other features while the season was still in progress, but I can certainly understand the reasoning why you may have.

It's certainly an ambitious project you've undertaken and good luck improving it for next year.
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

Thanks for your support Skeepe, and thanks for being such a good sport about it. The feature wasn't intentionally disabled, its just one of those things that happened. I have PM'd you a more detailed explanation of what went wrong.

Thanks for your support and good luck in the 3rd v 4th playoff. Personally if I were you, I wouldn't mind getting knocked out. I came 8th in our own 12 team competition, but it doesn't bother me because we do a reverse order of the draft next year, meaning I'll get 5th pick.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ferret86 wrote:We've deleted the comments made now because they were seriously, seriously out of line. We will not accept people dropping f****'s and c****'s unneccessarily, threatening our families, and even hoping they get cancer. Please guys its just a game.
I appreciate how well all of you guys have taken this years version of NRLCEO. We appreciate that it has been less than ideal. We knew 2010 would be a rocky year and the goal was to get it right for 2011. I realise that many players probably don't care but without testing the site with multiple comps publically, the most intensive testing in private is virtually useless.

This doesn't excuse the issues that have arisen and that have caused some comps to experience mass difficulties of course. Nor is it close to what we wanted when we decided to give this a go at going public.

In the end, some users won't be back next year and that is fine. To be honest, we don't mind the abusive emails that have come from some keyboard jockeys. It will only inspire us to work harder towards 2011...

All constructive criticism is welcome...

thats poor form. There are really some low lifes in the world. You're right Ferrett , it is just a game.
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Nth Qld Raider wrote:Congrats Lurch on making the GF, good luck this week mate :thumbsup
And good luck to you too NQR. :)

May the best man win, i.e. ME!!! :evil:
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

:hmmm don't think i'm doing to well this weekend, my forwards have done sweet FA, you may have it in the bag Lurch.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

There doesnt to be any score updates , cant even get into match ups. Or is that because Im not involved.
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Raidersrawesome wrote:There doesnt to be any score updates , cant even get into match ups. Or is that because Im not involved.
Yeah i know GCR, its must be another glitch in the system, what a time for it to happen :lol:

I really have no idea of my points this week, iv'e looked at the nrl website and sort of worked out about 50 pts i think, thats with two players missing, Jake Friend injured and Dean Young rested :rant

My end of season hasn't been to flash, but **** happens i guess.
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

We are having some problems with the website. Sorry, sorry, sorry x 1000. We are trying to get this fixed as soon as possible, but I do not have an exact time frame, but it should be fixed by tomorrow. Don't worry, you will have a winner!

In the mean time, as NQR suggested you may have to manually estimate...
Ferret86
Peter Jackson

Post by Ferret86 »

At the moment we have half fixed the problem. Basically, since this was the final week and there were no more weeks (of play) left, the system was calculating the week as 0. This should at least be showing your scores now, we are just working out why no one can view the matchups...
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

Looks like the 3rd place playoff was the place to be... either team would have won the Grand Final if they were in it. :D
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

:woot:
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Lurch wrote::woot:
Fom that i'll take it you won.