2010 Greenhouse Premiership Fantasy Competition

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Millsy
Gary Belcher

Re: 2010 Greenhouse Premiership Fantasy Competition

Post by Millsy »

I've just logged in, so should be 11 now.

Do we have to have a logo and jersey.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Im not sure who the missing person in div2 is, nick can you tell at all?? (I cant see any of the teams in the league except my own)
Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

Hey guys, how long will it be between draft picks ?

I'm likely to be half an hour late on draft night, so i have done 10 players pre-selected.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

120 minutes, can someone from last year explain how it works, if someones away does it take that long to go to the next teams selection?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

The Web page wont even open up for me, it keeps failing to open.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Ive got no problems on my end
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Nick wrote:We are missing 1 person from Div 1
I think it may be green tongue
Div1 says theres all 12 teams there now, but has anyone doubled up?
skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

Reading through some experiences of the live draft over at LU, it seems like it's extremely important for everyone to try to be online when the draft happens or it can turn into a very tedious and drawn out process.

Given the length of time required to get this going before the start of the season, I'm proposing - if it's possible - that we shorten the maximum pick time from 2 hours to 10 or 15 minutes. Even then, if everyone takes the maximum amount of time, it will take 2 hours to complete one round of the draft.

Of course, none of this will matter if everyone is online but in my experience there's always one who either forgets, or loses their internet connection or whatever. Waiting 2 hours in this case seems excessive to me.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Yeah Skeepe Id have to agree, at 120 minutes it could potentially last 25 days, 10-15 minutes is definitely long enough for those at the keyboard to decide
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I agree as well. There seems to be a lot of frustration over on LU because 1 guy didnt show up.

If everyone does a bit of a pre draft list then it shouldnt be a major issue as you should at least get a player on your list, as I understand it.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

:lol: :lol:
dont worry guys, i thought of that, the draft time limit isnt 2 hours... its 2 minutes, so if someone doesnt show up, we wait 2 minutes before the next pick... It's all sweet :cool:
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Where is Ferret to hold our hands are reassure us that everything will be dandy? :doubt:
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

It says the link to nrlceo is broken. I don't what to do because i've tryed firefox, Explorer my iphone!!! Any tips guys because it's been like this for a week. If not then i'm afraid i'm going to have to pull out :cry:
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

My iPhone has been fine with it past few days, notice some links work better than others, I generally get success with

http://www.nrlceo.com/
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

No problem on my end using Firefox. Internet Explorer works too.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ive also had no issues with explorer , occasionally when doing the pre draft it will error but I just back out and try again and it works.
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

I'm not talking about the bugs and errors that pop up. I literally cannot get into the site. This is what it says

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.nrlceo.com.
* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I've tryed all of that to see if it's working and it all is.........
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Im using google chrome and have no problems whatsoever

Has everyone in Div 2 registered their team yet?
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ive registered in Div 2...... Twice.
When I go to my teams I have 2 teams in there. Ive emailed the support but havent seen a reply yet and it hasnt been rectified.

Ive only set one up as a team.
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

I've sent a PM to Nick requesting my removal. So sorry for any crap this might cause to the league so close to the draft but i really can't work out what's wrong. May the best man win :cmon
Ecz
Brett Mullins

Post by Ecz »

Stringer wrote:I've sent a PM to Nick requesting my removal. So sorry for any crap this might cause to the league so close to the draft but i really can't work out what's wrong. May the best man win :cmon
Sadly im having the same problems, i might have to remove myself aswell.
TORRENS TIGERS...2009 GH PREMIERSHIP
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Without trying to offend anyone, this site is crap. I've had trouble opening it for a few days and I can only access it work. Luckly I own the Company and I will find to time tomorrow to do a pre-draft list or just stay there all night. Ill have to pick upwards of 150 players to a good core team. Dont worry people, The Untouchables will be there.

Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Post by Ferret86 »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Ive registered in Div 2...... Twice.
When I go to my teams I have 2 teams in there. Ive emailed the support but havent seen a reply yet and it hasnt been rectified.

The thing I would suggest to do mate is find out who was meant to be in the comp and couldn't sign up. Tell them your login and password and they can log on and change it to their own details. That way you only have one team and you have a full comp.
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Ferret86
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Was Fensom, now Bateman in the new era

Post by Ferret86 »

cuppy wrote:Without trying to offend anyone, this site is crap. I've had trouble opening it for a few days and I can only access it work. Luckly I own the Company and I will find to time tomorrow to do a pre-draft list or just stay there all night. Ill have to pick upwards of 150 players to a good core team. Dont worry people, The Untouchables will be there.
Cuppy and everyone else... I appreciate that the site has been less than responsive at this stage and to be honest we are shattered. :nooo

Our developers have been working night and day to try and fix all these problems (and trust me it is certainly not cheap!) and we are slowly getting there, but a site like this takes a huge amount of effort and technical knowledge. We have a huge amount of questions being thrown at each of us every day. We are trying to get through them all, but its very difficult with the quantity.

When you start the draft, it is very important you all get onto the site at the same time to get the draft done. Nick, I suggest you set the draft to 5-10 minutes.

If site goes down while you are in the middle of drafting, we will get the site back up as soon as possible. You will have to refresh your browser on the page and the drafting process should still continue.

Once again, we are trully sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you encounter any issues, please contact design@techflare.com.au and we will look into the matter for you.

We can only ask for your patience.

One sad Ferret
Founder of http://www.nrlceo.com and run the fantasy rugby league game on http://www.thebench.com.au
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Ferret86 wrote:
cuppy wrote:Without trying to offend anyone, this site is crap. I've had trouble opening it for a few days and I can only access it work. Luckly I own the Company and I will find to time tomorrow to do a pre-draft list or just stay there all night. Ill have to pick upwards of 150 players to a good core team. Dont worry people, The Untouchables will be there.
Cuppy and everyone else... I appreciate that the site has been less than responsive at this stage and to be honest we are shattered. :nooo

Our developers have been working night and day to try and fix all these problems (and trust me it is certainly not cheap!) and we are slowly getting there, but a site like this takes a huge amount of effort and technical knowledge. We have a huge amount of questions being thrown at each of us every day. We are trying to get through them all, but its very difficult with the quantity.

When you start the draft, it is very important you all get onto the site at the same time to get the draft done. Nick, I suggest you set the draft to 5-10 minutes.

If site goes down while you are in the middle of drafting, we will get the site back up as soon as possible. You will have to refresh your browser on the page and the drafting process should still continue.

Once again, we are trully sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you encounter any issues, please contact design@techflare.com.au and we will look into the matter for you.

We can only ask for your patience.

One sad Ferret
I was thinking of you when I typed that Ferret, and I do understand(when I say understand, I dont infer that I understand in anyway how to develop a web site in any way shape or form :nooo ) the amount of effort and money that goes into designing a system like this. Do you have any idea how I can open the site Ferret ?

Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Going to miss the draft! Devastated, I have a work function which I cannot miss.

:(

I guess its hard to please all.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Ferret86 wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Ive registered in Div 2...... Twice.

The thing I would suggest to do mate is find out who was meant to be in the comp and couldn't sign up. Tell them your login and password and they can log on and change it to their own details. That way you only have one team and you have a full comp.
thanks Ferret.
Im not sure how that works as there is only 1 login for both teams. Is there anyway your team can delete this team?

The league has 12 entrants so
Nick or Victor can you see who has joined or who hasnt (Div2).

edit: just saw there is 13 team entered. worse case if my second unnamed team is still there, it doesnt have pre draft and it wont select players in the draft , therefore will it just end up with the dregs?
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Ive no idea mate, nicks the administrator for div2 aswell
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

"Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request."

Continually getting this message which is making getting a predraft extremely difficult.

Bah.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Can anyone that hasn't registered or can't for div 2 let ferret or Nick know sometime today?
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Nick wrote:Get involved lads

I want standardized settings across the comps, to make it uniform and fair :D

So here are the details:
I have set up both comps.

Teams: 12
Round to start: Round 1
Nick, under both GH leagues it says the comps are set for 16 teams :!:

Surely this is a problem. Can it be changed? Otherwise we'll have to create another and start again in time for tonight.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Im happy to create another one for div 2, I just need to know if we are gonna have the numbers or not
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Can't the admin change the rules to 12 or did that have to be done when the league was created?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

I cant even load this site, so count me out.

Millsy
Gary Belcher

Post by Millsy »

For those who are having trouble with the site, download Google Chrome and try it, im not having any trouble.

Oh and i will be on time tonight, don't have to work late now, so should be on bout 6-30 or 6-45 Qld Time.

Do we log into the GH to make ourselves accounted for before the draft.