Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Banks Bandits

Post by marcofski »

Marcsmen back in new form

The team formerly known as the Banks Marcsmen has gotten a name change and a new strip thanks in no small part to major befactor and new non voting club chairman John Elias. It is not currently known where Mr Elias obtained the large amount of cash, it is not known where he obtained it but as far as club administrators were concerned he had the green so all was good. In return for the new cash flow several changes were made at Mr Elias' request
1. New name of the bandits - apparently something to do with his past
2. Club strip more purple - something to do with his experiences during his time away
3. The club cheer squad known as the Banditas are all made up of "ladies" he met while away. - femininity very questionable.
4. A new coach has been installed apparent legend "Back-door" Benny Elias - apparently not because they are related but jus so the team can be nicknamed "Back-Doors Bandits"

The new jersey and emblem
Image Image

As per the small print in both Mr Elias' contracts their opinions will be considered but ultimatly ignored when it comes to purchasing players and team selections each week.
As CEO marcofski is responsible wholely for team selections and will take all credit for all winning sides.
Coach Elias will shoulder the blame for any losses and shall be replaced if and when the CEO sees fit.

Team as it stands
W Mckinnon
J Yow Yeh
P Graham
I Folau
M Vatuvai
J Hodges
D Kemp
E Grothe
T Williams
T Campese
B Kearny
M Head
B Jones
N Hindmarsh
W Mason
D Young
T Thurling
B Harrison
E Lauaki
M Ennis
I Luke
P Civoniceva
L Douglas
S Shackleton
J Lowe
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
marcofski
Brett Mullins

Re: Banks Bandits

Post by marcofski »

Major upheaval at competition heavyweights

An unprecedented situation happened early this week where several of the Banks Bandits have been charged with armed robbery. It has been revealed that the players are Denan Kemp,Eric Grothe, Mathew Head, Ben Jones, Willie Mason, Dean Young, Ephilami Lauaki, Michael Ennis, Jaiman Lowe and Brett Kearny. It is believed that they originally claimed that they were put up to it by club chairman John Elias but after meeting with club atourney and accountant Irwin R. Schyster they have officially named Brett Kearny as the ringleader. Chairman Elias claimed that he was with club coach his brother Ben and some other family members at the time which was corroborated by 20 or so of their cousins. Chairman John Elias made an official statement that boys will be boys and the Bandits were willing to have them all back training as long as they all considered possibly thinking about doing some more community service as well as apologising to their victim who coincidentaly happened to be a business rival or Mr Elias.
The NRL have stepped in as they feel the punishment was not severe enough and suspended all bar two of the players for the rest of the season, Willie Mason will be given a slap on the wrist and told hes a naughty boy and Brett Kearny who as part of the NRLs tough new crackdown on bad behavior has been sentenced to death which will be held as part of the grand final day entertainment.

In brighter news the Banks Bandits wish to unveil its 10 new recruits;
Alex Glen
Jamal Idris
William Zillman
Benji Marshall
Marc Herbert
David Stagg
Luke O'donnell
Ben T'eo
Sam Thiaday
Mark Taufua

We at the Bandits are sure they will fit in well and be welcomed by the fans.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

marcofski
Brett Mullins

Post by marcofski »

Team lineup for round 1 of the GH Premiership

Coah Elias has named plenty of the new boys for round one of the premiership who he feels are more than capable of doing the job for the better side. In other news the Bandits are appealing the NRLs judgement on Willie Mason

1. W Mckinnon
2. T Williams
3. A Glenn
4. J Hodges
5. I Folau
6. T Campese
7. B Marshall
8. S Thiaday
9. I Luke
10. P Civoniceva
11. D Stagg (c)
12. B Harrison
13. N Hindmarsh (vc)

14. L Douglas
15. S Shackleton
16. M Taufua
17. L O'donnell
18. T Thurling
19. B T'eo
(2 to be omitted)

In an interesting turn of events David Stagg, Petero Civoniceva, Isaac Luke and Terry Campese will all be playing against their clones with captain Stagg claiming that he was more than confident that they would get the points over themselves. Terry Campese however felt that he was feeling hed only be half as good as his counterpart on the opposition.

marcofski
Brett Mullins

Post by marcofski »

Bandits take early lead in premiership race

Back-door's Bandits have started the season in the best way possible, with a resounding 103 point win over the Torrens Tigers at home. This puts them on top of the ladder on a far superior for and against

The Bandits are saddened to be losing 2 more of their players in Trevor Thurling and Luke O'Donnell as Trevor just wasn't performing up to our very high standard and Luke kept trying to use our 2 halfbacks heads for tackling practice, I guess some habits are hard to break. This means the Bandits have 2 new faces in Eddy Pettyborne and Anthony Tupou, we hope youll make them feel very welcome.

Team for round 2
1. W Mckinnon
2. T Williams
3. A Glenn
4. J Hodges
5. I Folau
6. T Campese (vc)
7. B Marshall
8. S Thiaday
9. I Luke
10. P Civoniceva
11. N Hindmarsh
12. B Harrison
13. D Stagg (c)

14. L Douglas
15. S Shackleton
16. M Taufua
17. A Tupou
18. E Pettybourne
19. B T'eo
20. M Herbert
(3 to be omitted)

marcofski
Brett Mullins

Post by marcofski »

Bandits win two from two. (just)
The Bandits have started the season in the best possible way, with back to back wins over the Tigers and the Crocs. While the Tigers match was a virtual walkover, the Crocs put up much more of a fight with the lead changing hands numerous time over the 80 hours with the home team only succumbing at the death. Banks' onfield leaders in Stagg and Campese really laid a great foundation which the rest of the team built on successfully with the exception of William Zillman who was a late replacement for winger Ty Williams played like an absolute busted. Williams was out after pulling his groin in the showers after the final training run of the week. His team mates apparently didnt appreciate this as it's a communal shower.

Once more there have been changes to the top 25 with Isaac Luke and Ben T'eo being shown the door for below par performances and replaced by Corey Parker who will slot in for Luke at hooker and young gun Marvin Karawana who is a bit raw and isnt expected to make an appearence for the top side for quite a while yet.

The Bandits will be lining up against the Untouchables this week and hoping to do the almost impossible and topple these surprise giants of the competition. When asked about his teams chances coach Elias replied "Mate we don't have a f**king chance, Ill be happy if we can get within a hundred of these pricks but even thats not likely. I'm calling on the GHRL to put together an enquiry into how a couple of these teams can be that much better than the rest without there being anything contrary to the rules happening." He then burst into tears and started wailing somthing about 89.
As the coach was now unavailable for comment it can only be assumed that the team scribbled on a piece of paper he used to blow his nose on is the lineup for this week.

1. W Mckinnon
2. M Vatuvei
3. A Glenn
4. J Hodges
5. I Folau
6. T Campese
7. M Herbert
8. S Thiaday
9. C Parker
10.P Civoniceva
11.N Hindmarsh
12.B Harrison
13.D Stagg

14.L Douglas
15.S Shackelton
16.M Taufua
17.A Tupou
18.E Pettybourne
19.B Marshall
(2 to be omitted)

knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Mckinnon's not playing