The GH Premiership 2009

Chat about the tipping and other competitions

Moderator: GH Moderators

Lurch
John Ferguson

Re: The GH Premiership 2009

Post by Lurch »

I'm watching the game and the stats at the same time. Its sad but my missus is out of town, so I'm allowed to be pathetic. :P

You probably deserve to be there next week. Looks like Mannering is out for the season. I had money stored for a final recruit to the backine, but thats been buggered up now.

**** the Warriors :rant . They dropped Lewis Brown to an extended bench, so I trade him out but then he plays and scores 38, while my more expensive recruit scores 27.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Short of a massive 2nd half by Ennis and Idris, i am toast :cry:

I am spewin i didnt pick Pritchard on the bench like i was going to, might have been enough to get me home if i had of :thumbsdown
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

dammit, i think that ball from Ennis to put Stagg over the line pretty much seals it for Lurchy :thumbsdown
Should have dummied and gone himself, **** you Ennis!!! :lol:

The dream is over for the bombers :thumbsdown
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

:doubt:

Its not decided yet. I was down 647 to 648, then up 652 to 648, now as I write its 696 to 674. :?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Lurch wrote::doubt:

Its not decided yet. I was down 647 to 648, then up 652 to 648, now as I write its 696 to 674. :?
The scores will change over night so the Bombers aren't done just yet. It will be very close boys.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Yep. Dream offically over :thumbsdown :cry:
Silverbacks the better team on the day :cry:

Had i selected Frank Pritchard instead of Jermemy Latimore, it would have added 43 points to my total, and giving me a slender 9 point win... Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk! :rant :roflmao
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

1ST PRELIM. FINAL
Team Rampage 0 Last week,780
StirlingSilverbaks 0 Last week, 720
2ND PRELIM. FINAL
The Untouchable 0 Last week, 781
The Banks Bandits 0 Last week, 701

There are two big match's this week with the prelim's decided. After a long season it's all on the line for a spot in the GF this week. Can the Silverbacks upset Team Rampage or the Bandits surprise The Untouchables. It's all possible but one would think both the Silverbacks and the Banks Bandits will need to score a seasons best to have any chance.

Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

cuppy wrote:It's all possible but one would think both the Silverbacks and the Banks Bandits will need to score a seasons best to have any chance.
I smell an upset. Probably not by me though. The Untouchables are looking shaky after their week 1 performance.
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Lurch wrote:
cuppy wrote:It's all possible but one would think both the Silverbacks and the Banks Bandits will need to score a seasons best to have any chance.
I smell an upset. Probably not by me though. The Untouchables are looking shaky after their week 1 performance.
But your Silverbacks racked up a pretty solid score that week so you never know. I had two trades left this week and used 1 of them to swap Mannering for Luke Lewis. Not sure what to do with the last trade :hmmm
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

The Wolves have rolled on in the losers cup and play the spence softies this week for a spot in the grand final. :thumbsup
I would much rather be playing in the top 8 though ;)
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

knan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
But your Silverbacks racked up a pretty solid score that week so you never know. I had two trades left this week and used 1 of them to swap Mannering for Luke Lewis. Not sure what to do with the last trade :hmmm
:nooo

I'm going to have to trade Mannering out too with my last trade, but that will leave almost 100 grand in the bank. I can't think of a better solution given how **** the rest of my backs are. Farrar going back into the centres is a plus but its not enough to go and spend the cash elsewhere.

Another reason why the Untouchables are vulnerable. Mannering out and they have no trades left. ;)
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Arr Lurch,I can smell something too and its not an upset. Its the Shiit dribbling out of your posts, clutching straws there. Last week M.Wright got -2 and I still got the top score, he wont do that again. Mannering will be back for the GF so there's not point trading him anyway, seems like a trade of desperation if you ask me.

Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

:lol:

Nothing wrong with building up the tension for our grand final since I'll be disposing of the Rampage this week...

:doubt:
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

Started the weekend well, but apparently Luke Douglas has just been sent off. I'm gone. :(
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

I've been given a bit of a scare by the bandit's, a poor (c)'s pick of Soward for them might get me across the line.

The Douglas send off one of the worst ref decision of the year.

skeepe
Jason Croker

Post by skeepe »

So it all comes down to the grand final nobody could have predicted, The Untouchable vs Team Rampage.

So, which of the two teams yet to declare which area they represent will win?
Capital Punishment
Alan Tongue

Post by Capital Punishment »

The middle one :P
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

cuppy wrote:
BSB Raiderman wrote:
cuppy wrote:
green_tongue wrote:Round 8 Ladder

1. The Untouchable jason 5 4 0 1 4-1 3427 3031 396 8
2. Team Rampage Krish 5 4 0 1 4-1 3307 2996 311 8
3. StirlingSilverbaks Nathan 5 4 0 1 4-1 3042 2832 210 8
4. The Banks Bandits Marc 5 4 0 1 4-1 2998 2818 180 8
5. Tuggers Thunder Dru 5 4 0 1 4-1 3061 2883 178 8
6. Watson Cobras Decclan 5 3 1 1 3-1 2906 2814 92 7
7. Torrens Tigers Matty 5 3 0 2 3-2 2996 2922 74 6
8. Gilmore Grizzlies Daniel 5 3 0 2 3-2 3090 3037 53 6
9. Braddon Bombers Nick 5 3 0 2 3-2 2950 3053 -103 6
10. Canberra Vikings Trent 5 2 1 2 2-2 2852 2912 -60 5
11. Weston Wolves Max 5 2 0 3 2-3 2798 2965 -167 4
12. Spence Softies Brad 5 1 0 4 1-4 2798 2912 -114 2
13. Kambah Crocodiles M 5 1 0 4 1-4 2904 3062 -158 2
14. LBG Stingrays David 5 1 0 4 1-4 2774 3109 -335 2
15. Gungahlin Big Guns Steve 5 0 0 5 0-5 2798 2990 -192 0
16. Batemans Bay Rat's samuel 5 0 0 5 0-5 2836 3201 -365 0
The Untouchables have finally taken there rightful spot on the ladder. :thumbsup
Careful cupster, I note that the 2 current top teams have flaunted the 1st rule of the GH Premiership......... Neither are named after a suburb of Canberra or Qbn...... Boot them out I say ;) :lol: :P
The Untouchables proudly represent the Higgins area, but due to marketing and legal proceedings the team is only known as The Untouchables.Missy Higgins took management to court as she believed she was the only Higgins that was untouchable.The matter is yet to be finalised in court.
We've already come clean who we represent some time ago.

Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

I would just like to congatulate Team Rampage and wish them luck in the GF this week. I just hope that its not decided by an injury or an unjust send off, may the best team win.

By the way i've been waiting for another shot at you guys since my round 1 and only lose of the season, Game on.

Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Just so everyone is aware, im thinking of doing things differently next year

Same system or simular but instead of free for all, we'd have a player draft over the off season, where you select your side one by one, all 25 players... No doubling up on a player. If you have a player, no one else will have him. It'd be a 12 team comp though

We'd be on the honour system in terms of recruiting and releasing players. Im not sure how possible it's going to be, but thats what im thinking

Any thoughts?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Raider_69 wrote:Just so everyone is aware, im thinking of doing things differently next year

Same system or simular but instead of free for all, we'd have a player draft over the off season, where you select your side one by one, all 25 players... No doubling up on a player. If you have a player, no one else will have him. It'd be a 12 team comp though

We'd be on the honour system in terms of recruiting and releasing players. Im not sure how possible it's going to be, but thats what im thinking

Any thoughts?

You would have look into the different fantasy leagues on the web, some of them do work as a draft system. I've heard nrlceo works that way. I just had a look at the site, it looks like a good set up. They run a 25 round draft to set up the teams and you can pick the amount of teams you want in the comp.

david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

Raider_69 wrote:Just so everyone is aware, im thinking of doing things differently next year

Any thoughts?
Sounds good Nick. I'm up for it
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

cuppy wrote:

Any thoughts?

You would have look into the different fantasy leagues on the web, some of them do work as a draft system. I've heard nrlceo works that way. I just had a look at the site, it looks like a good set up. They run a 25 round draft to set up the teams and you can pick the amount of teams you want in the comp.
Yea i was going to look into over the off season
I think its a better system, then having everyone doubling up on players. Unfortunately one team from this year's comp will miss out, as the defending champs from 07, the Wanniasa Warriors will be in this comp, after i inexplicitely excused them from this years :lol:
Capital Punishment
Alan Tongue

A draft system would be heap better I reckon. Current structure is cool, but with a draft it opens things up a bit more with trades etc...Good plan. :thumbsup
knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

cuppy wrote:I would just like to congatulate Team Rampage and wish them luck in the GF this week. I just hope that its not decided by an injury or an unjust send off, may the best team win.

By the way i've been waiting for another shot at you guys since my round 1 and only lose of the season, Game on.
Congrats to you too. It'll be a close one.
Capital Punishment wrote:A draft system would be heap better I reckon. Current structure is cool, but with a draft it opens things up a bit more with trades etc...Good plan. :thumbsup
How do trades work in a draft system?? Do you simply swap players from different teams?
Capital Punishment
Alan Tongue

As far as I know from playing Fantasy NFL etc, Yeah. You draft your team and if you have Mullen and want Campo, you offer a trade to the team with Campo. If it's accepted you just swap players. The cool thing is, if the trade is rejected you can make counter offers like say Campo and Thaiday for Mullen and Tilse (depending on who has who on their roster). Really comes down to who rates what player the most and less about who can watch the stats trend every week and pounce as soon as a young player starts scoring big.
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

I would like the draft system but if it's going to be in the weeks after Christmas i won't be around then as i am moving. Don't know what would happen then?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

The draft style league would be good, its much more involved then the NRL site. There would have to be a lot of research going into each draft round pick. Does anyone know how it is structured

Are teams seeded, therefore team one picks first every round and so on
Would there be a salary cap, would be very hard to manage in a draft

I really like the idea but gee it will take up a lot of our time, bring it on I say.

(if teams are seeded I for one think that the teams coming 1st and 2nd should get the 1st and 2nd picks for the draft :cool: )

knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

Cuppy if only you picked Mannering! :D
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Draft would be held in Feb

trades work with picks

ie. I might trade my 1st round and 5th round for you're 2nd and 4th

Which means:

I'd lose my first round pick but then have 2 picks in round 2, and two in round 4, which pending on my valuation of players, might be preferable. I give up top round, to secure quantity of early round picks

You'd get 2 first round picks but then not have a pick in round 2 or 4, but double up again in round 5... so you give up a late round to secure an early round
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

knan wrote:Cuppy if only you picked Mannering! :D
I know mate, I had the cattle but not the team selections.

:clap: Well done.

knan
Brett Mullins

Post by knan »

its now official!

Team Rampage
2009 GH Premiers!!

:D
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

Congrats to Team Rampage but on the main stage
Weston Wolves
2009 Loser Cup Premiers

:thumbsup
Lurch
John Ferguson

Post by Lurch »

knan wrote:its now official!

Team Rampage
2009 GH Premiers!!

:D
:o :o :o

:clap: Well done knan. Bad luck cuppy.
marcofski
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Gamblor

Post by marcofski »

Congrats knan, you and cuppy definately had the best teams all year and were deserving grand finalists.

As for the comp next year Im dead keen to take part the draft system sounds very interesting, I remember being in the fantasyleague comp a few years ago where you ranked the players in order of who you wanted most and the computer picked the team for you rather than having to pick a player each round.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!