2006 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

where's the after party at? yeeeeeeeeeeew
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm not sure what to say... I just post here at the GH with the aim of contributing to the best forum for Raiders fans all over Australia... all over the world. Nothing would have happened here at the GH without the GH Immortals mentioned earlier... R69, Thickos, Ed, Quinny and Bay.... people who I now count as friends because of the GH... the many, many other fans at the GH.

This has been a brilliant night. Thanks to Valiant for organising it and hosting it so well. We must have had the highest average usage of the GH on one night ever and nudged the highest number of posters on line at any one time. We can only get bigger and better.

Congratulations to all the winnners and nominees tonight. And anyone who has contributed to GH this year. Let's look forward to a brilliant 2007 from the Green Machine and the GH!
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

:lol:
he's the bitch for sure

congrats to alll the winners, id like to single out thickos and ge for their immortality and Daley C's respectively
Also big kudos to Valiant, who did a sublime job of hosting... well done champ
Kim_TCF
Peter Jackson

Post by Kim_TCF »

tonio wrote:I can't believe Bay is calling you Princess to find out these things haha

(you maybe remember me from the Cronulla game where I was waiting to get some large photos of Schifcofske signed)
Yeah i do remember who you are...... those Pictures are AWESOME, would have been great if they were of Toddy tho.

Also remember you at the Manly game at the start of the season when you were waving the large Raiders flag between the Manly supporters after we WON!!! Dangerous stuff.
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

pacman wrote:where's the after party at? yeeeeeeeeeeew
well I hosted it last year, but i think its time to pass the baton on to someone else
2005 Golden Boogs Newbie Award Winner
2006 Finites Caption Contest Winner
2006 Golden Boogs Most Improved Poster
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Off to the after party, care for a dance princess?
im quite the move shaker :lol:
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

greeneyed wrote:I'm not sure what to say... I just post here at the GH with the aim of contributing to the best forum for Raiders fans all over Australia... all over the world. Nothing would have happened here at the GH without the GH Immortals mentioned earlier... R69, Thickos, Ed, Quinny and Bay.... people who I now count as friends because of the GH... the many, many other fans at the GH.

This has been a brilliant night. Thanks to Valiant for organising it and hosting it so well. We must have had the highest average usage of the GH on one night ever and nudged the highest number of posters on line at any one time. We can only get bigger and better.

Congratulations to all the winnners and nominees tonight. And anyone who has contributed to GH this year. Let's look forward to a brilliant 2007 from the Green Machine and the GH!
Legend. Deserving winner and a true Raiders fan that speaks straight from the heart. :clap: :clap: :clap:
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

I will post the Golden Boogs Winners Summary tomorrow when I get home from work

I couldn't be arsed doing in right now :D
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Kim_TCF wrote:
tonio wrote:I can't believe Bay is calling you Princess to find out these things haha

(you maybe remember me from the Cronulla game where I was waiting to get some large photos of Schifcofske signed)
Yeah i do remember who you are...... those Pictures are AWESOME, would have been great if they were of Toddy tho.

Also remember you at the Manly game at the start of the season when you were waving the large Raiders flag between the Manly supporters after we WON!!! Dangerous stuff.
"Sell it on Ebay, he's going to sell it on ebay" :lol:
ah classic chant, can't remember if Tonio copped that one as well

Anyway,I'm the clown in Bay 72 that bay talks to when you guys come arrive there to watch the Flegg/Premier League.
Kim_TCF
Peter Jackson

Post by Kim_TCF »

Phone rings again and yes it's dad (Boyo !!) ... he asked is it over yet ... I replied with "I th__k y__ _re br__k_ng _p" and ended the call :lol: :lol:
tonio
David Furner

Post by tonio »

Kim_TCF wrote:

Ah yes - where I was almost set alight lol

I have a few of those Schif pics left, might have to sell them on ebay :D

You'll Never Walk Alone!
RAIDERS MEMEBER #1919 - Bay 53 - Row S - Seat 18
Former Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder 2004 :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So where is the party again? :)
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

greeneyed wrote:So where is the party again? :)
rumour is Bay has allowed the princess to throw a huge kegger that will go down in GH Folklore, but i repeat that this is just a rumour
Chewy
Sam Backo

Post by Chewy »

I decided I'd show up for the after party, congrats to all the winners.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Drunken stupor at 4am....

"I just sooooooooooooo love the Canberra Raiders Rugby League Football Club!" :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol:
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

**Pulls up at Bays house for the after party**

Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

greeneyed wrote:Speech... speech!!!

Congrats to Kermit... who must be the most dedicated Raiders fan in Edinburgh! And GCR who is the second most dedicated on the GC after IMM!
Firstly I would just like to thank my employers over the past 6 months.....allowing me to use their computers and internet facilities to keep the GH updated around the clock...even when u think im working.....no really i couldnt have done it without you guys.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secondly id like to thank Miss Piggy for all her patience throughout the year.....its at times like these why i know why you mean so much to me... :lol: :woot:
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

Kermit wrote:

Congrats to Kermit... who must be the most dedicated Raiders fan in Edinburgh! And GCR who is the second most dedicated on the GC after IMM!
Firstly I would just like to thank my employers over the past 6 months.....allowing me to use their computers and internet facilities to keep the GH updated around the clock...even when u think im working.....no really i couldnt have done it without you guys.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secondly id like to thank Miss Piggy for all her patience throughout the year.....its at times like these why i know why you mean so much to me... :lol: :woot:
congrats kermit, it assures me to know that i'm handing the newbie award to the safe hands of yourself and GCR

and kermit they say it aint easy being green, but it sure is rewarding
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

Finite wrote:**Pulls up at Bays house for the after party**

looks like you made the right choice, your date or the keg :lol:
Kim_TCF
Peter Jackson

Post by Kim_TCF »

Second year at the Boogs for me and i really enjoyed myself :D . Only down side was that i wish i left my moblie at home. ;)

Well done again to everyone that won an award, aswell as Valiant_Raider for hosting the event. :clap:
Last edited by Kim_TCF on October 10, 2006, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

I reckon a new addition for next years Golden Boogs award is the GH Hall of Fame! One admission each year?

Guys just want to say a HUGE thanks on a great website. Being able to find out the latest about my beloved Raiders wherever i am in the world is awesome! thanks to all who contribute to make this a great website and congrats to all winners... :clap:

An extra clap for the moderators....love all your hard work.... :clap:

RAIDERS '07 :thumbsup

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

i just wanna get one more plug in for side project

myspace coming soon
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

valiant_raider wrote:
Kermit wrote:

congrats kermit, it assures me to know that i'm handing the newbie award to the safe hands of yourself and GCR

and kermit they say it aint easy being green, but it sure is rewarding
Ha! Trust me Valiant.....Miss Piggy loves my little Green bits :woot:

The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

valiant_raider wrote:it assures me to know that i'm handing the newbie award to the safe hands of yourself and GCR
I dropped mine in the toilet.
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

A happy snap from earlier tonight :D

What a night!!!

Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

great stuff guys, good fun. Look forward to it next year
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kermit wrote:I reckon a new addition for next years Golden Boogs award is the GH Hall of Fame! One admission each year?

Guys just want to say a HUGE thanks on a great website. Being able to find out the latest about my beloved Raiders wherever i am in the world is awesome! thanks to all who contribute to make this a great website and congrats to all winners... :clap:

That would be the GH Immortals. R69 chooses a new GH Immortal every year, provided there is a worthy candidate.

Thickos.. what a brilliant choice from R69 in 2006!
valiant_raider
David Furner

Post by valiant_raider »

greeneyed wrote:
Kermit wrote:I reckon a new addition for next years Golden Boogs award is the GH Hall of Fame! One admission each year?

That would be the GH Immortals. R69 chooses a new GH Immortal every year, provided there is a worthy candidate.

Thickos.. what a brilliant choice from R69 in 2006!
I aspire to be a GH Immortal one day, hopefully 2025 is my year *fingers crossed*
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Wow! I just got home from work then and read all 7 pages, awesome stuff. Well done to VR on a very good awards show. Congrats to all the winners, especially GE as poster of the year.

I'm glad I co-won call of the year, but more importantly, romance of the year with Mikey.

*turns and looks at Mikey*

*John Paul Young's "Love Is In The Air" begins to play*

Mikey, it's no luck that we've won this award. We share a common bond that cannot be matched by anyone else in this lifetime. I've been wanting to say this for quite some time, but have never come up with the courage to do so.

Michael 83 AU, will you...

... scratch this itch that I have on my back, I swear to God it's annoying the crap outta me and no one else will do it. Thanks in advance.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Thank god I didn't win anything! Congrats to the winners.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Don't take the nomination to heart 100%.... It is all just in fun.... Give back as much as you get and it is all just joking.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Thanks GE. I'll be continuing my fine (boring) form throughout 2007. I'm aiming to get a nod for the Romance of The Year award next year. Is there a GH dating service?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Plus..... R69 is going to announce the GH Raiderette of the Year in a special ceremony soon!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

100%green wrote:Thanks GE. I'll be continuing my fine (boring) form throughout 2007. I'm aiming to get a nod for the Romance of The Year award next year. Is there a GH dating service?
No, you have to organise your own opportunities. :lol:
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Damn! Alright. Any Raiderettes wanting to get to know a gentleman by the name of 100%green may now begin. Please take a number and allow me time to reply to your messages. Thank you. :lol: