The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Welcome to The 2019 Daley Ms! The annual Greenhouse forum awards, named after the two greatest Raiders ever, Laurie Daley and Mal Meninga. The awards ceremony will kick off Thursday 19 December at 7:30pm.

Official hashtag: #DaleyMs2019

The nominees are:

Newbie of the Year: Ronny P, LimeGreenMachine, Goldcoast Raider

Underrated poster: Coastalraider, gergreg, Seiffert82

Funniest Poster: -PJ-, reptar, Fuifui Bradbrad, Sid

Forum Villain of the Year: Billy Walker, afgtnk, Botman, The Nickman

Forum Rivalry of the Year: The Nickman and Billy Walker, afgtnk and Aidan Sezer, The Crique and yeh raiders

Obsession of the Year: The Crique and Ricky Stuart, "Croker to the wing" squad, afgtnk and Aidan Sezer

Quality over quantity: Woodgers, Cranky Old Man, RedRaider

Best football brain: Botman, Seiffert82, Matt, greeneyed

Best Thread of the Year: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Game Day, Off topic, Through green eyes, Matt's Match-ups

Worst Thread of the Year: Jarrod Croker, 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day, Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Josh Dugan

The Missing in Action Award: Schifty, Albi, T_R

Poster of the Year: Coastalraider, greeneyed, Matt, The Nickman
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards Ceremony

Post by The Nickman »

Why is Fergus calling it the Daley M's when literally every single other person on the forum is calling them the Golden Fergies??
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Captains call

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

So what’s everyone wearing tonight?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The audience is gathering for The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards, the Daley Ms! There has been a three year hiatus... but we're back with a new name! We have been voting over the past couple of weeks for the Daley Ms... with the new name for our awards recognising the two greatest ever Raiders. We have previously announced our annual football awards... and you can click here to be reminded of the Canberra Raiders 2019 highs and lows... as voted by the posters of The Greenhouse.

We will be back at 7:30pm for the 2019 Daley Ms! But while you wait... check out some of these great Canberra Raiders highlights from 2019!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards are about to commence. Settle in for the Daley Ms. Cue dramatic music!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Welcome to The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards - the Daley Ms!

2019. It was the best season for the Canberra Raiders in 25 years. The Raiders had not made the Grand Final for a quarter of a century - and the Raiders got "oh so close" to a fourth premiership. The wait for a title continues - for a club that has waited longer than any other, apart from the Eels. However, Raiders fans were left bursting with pride after the Grand Final - a match in which the Raiders were the better team everywhere but on the final scoreboard.

It was a huge year for The Greenhouse too... with 10,000 more fans now following the site.

Our last Greenhouse Forum Awards ceremony was way back in 2015, but like a phoenix from the ashes, we are back! Back in 2015, the sorely missed Raidersrawesome was crowned Poster of the Year! Who will win tonight? We must wait and see...

We have a new name for the awards... the Daley Ms, which recognises the two greatest Raiders, Laurie Daley and Mal Meninga. It borrows from the former nickname of our Poster of the Year award.

As we announce tonight's awards... we will be giving the winners some old fashioned signature banners. Feel free to add them to your signatures.

But without any further ado, let's get to the first awards of the night... the Best and Worst Threads of 2019.

Best Thread

The nominees are...

2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Game Day
Off topic
Through green eyes
Matt's Match-ups

And the winner is...

What a night in Canberra Raiders history that was!

Worst Thread

The nominees are...

Jarrod Croker
2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day
Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Josh Dugan

And the winner is... and this is no reflection on our legendary co-captain. This one was brought to us by the Croker to the wing squad.

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

2 worthy recipient threads
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Greenhouse Hall of Fame

To kick off our awards ceremony with a bang... and this is a very big moment in our award ceremony...

The Greenhouse Hall of Fame currently includes the two founders of the site, Nick, now known as Botman and Ed, now known as Roger Kenworthy. It also includes me and the last inductee in 2015, T_R. It is the role of the founders to decide who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame, and tonight they have decided to induct two new members.

One is a poster who joined the site within the first week of its establishment. A poster who has been consistently contributing in the well reasoned and well balanced way that has been their hallmark for 15 years. Another is a poster who joined more recently, but has worked hard for the site, writing "Matt's Match-ups" every week and co-hosting The Greenhouse Live.

Congratulations to our 2019 inductees to the Hall of Fame! edwahu and Matt!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Our next awards recognise The Greenhouse's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram communities.

The Greenhouse was established almost 15 years ago. Back then Facebook was in its infancy, and hadn't opened to the general public. Twitter didn't exist, and The Greenhouse was five years old before Instagram appeared. Today we have over 37,000 followers on Facebook, almost 8,000 on Twitter and over 6,000 on Instagram. The Greenhouse is now a collective of communities of people who have a passion for the Canberra Raiders and rugby league.

Tonight, for the first time, we are pleased to announce our first Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Posters of the Year. These awards have been decided upon by The Greenhouse Administrators.

Congratulations to Simon Tayoun, the "Canberra Raiders drummer"... a frequent guest on The Greenhouse Live on Facebook...

Wanda... or @fishy_wanda, as she's known on Twitter... a regular who adds a lot of fun to The Greenhouse's Monday night Twitter chats...

and Phoebe... or @p_glo as she is known on Instagram... who sends in at least one #WearGreen photo on her way to every Raiders game. She’s also a member of TheGH.com.au and an active follower on Twitter. That's Phoebe on the beach with her daughter at Cronulla.

Thanks for your contributions to The Greenhouse!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Really?!? Wow. I'm surprised you have all put up with me this long. In case youre wondering you can blame GE for it. He pointed me in this direction all those yrs ago :P

1stly, congrats to Edwahu. Well deserved.

I'd like to specially thank the likes of Botman and Nickman esp, for the banter over the yrs.

Thank Bay53, otherwise known as Sean, my GH Live co-host.

And lastly 1 Billy Slater, for consistently torching the Raiders, and making Milf > Slater a hallmark of my GH legacy.

I've really enjoyed contributing on here. Thanks all involved.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Meritorious Service

The Administrators would also like to give special recognition to two posters who jumped in and generously gave us their time and information technology expertise this year to ensure that The Greenhouse is technically ship shape. Nacho also generously sponsored this year's tipping competition. The 2019 Meritorious Service Awards go to nacho and zim!

Thanks for your contributions to The Greenhouse!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I’m late to the party!!! What did I miss? Who’s drunk too much already!!!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Matt wrote: December 19, 2019, 6:52 pm Really?!? Wow. I'm surprised you have all put up with me this long. In case youre wondering you can blame GE for it. He pointed me in this direction all those yrs ago :P

I'd like to specially thank the likes of Botman and Nickman esp, for the banter over the yrs.

And lastly 1 Billy Slater, for consistently torching the Raiders, and making Milf > Slater a hallmark of my GH legacy.

A worthy recipient :thumbsup
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We now come to the awards voted on by the readers of The Greenhouse. An innovation for the 2019 awards... we will show graphically how close or otherwise the voting was.

New posters on The Greenhouse sometimes find that they have a tough audience. But we love having new posters, and these three new posters have jumped right in.

Newbie of the Year

The nominees are...

Ronny P
LimeGreenMachine
Goldcoast Raider

And the winner is the man who knows everything there is to know about the Canberra Raiders junior teams... Ronny P!

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:00 pm We now come to the awards voted on by the readers of The Greenhouse. An innovation for the 2019 awards... we will show graphically how close or otherwise the voting was.

New posters on The Greenhouse sometimes find that they have a tough audience. But we love having new posters, and these three new posters have jumped right in.

Newbie of the Year

The nominees are...

Ronny P
LimeGreenMachine
Goldcoast Raider

And the winner is the man who knows everything there is to know about the Canberra Raiders junior teams... Ronny P!

:clap:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Coastalraider wrote: December 19, 2019, 6:59 pm
Matt wrote: December 19, 2019, 6:52 pm Really?!? Wow. I'm surprised you have all put up with me this long. In case youre wondering you can blame GE for it. He pointed me in this direction all those yrs ago :P

Youll notice I opted out of the Hollywood name everyone u have ever met acceptance speech, otherwise u would have got a mention
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Matt wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:04 pm
Coastalraider wrote: December 19, 2019, 6:59 pm

Youll notice I opted out of the Hollywood name everyone u have ever met acceptance speech, otherwise u would have got a mention
Haha haha

Nice touch, stay humble :roflmao
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Underrated. Where the value and importance of something or someone is under-estimated. Think maybe Alan Tongue... Luke Davico... or perhaps even our current co-captain Jarrod Croker. Not quite given the wider recognition they deserve, but ultimately not loved any less for that. Those in the know are not under-estimating these posters!

Most Underrated Poster

The nominees are...

Coastalraider
gergreg
Seiffert82

And the winner is the poster who clearly loves the spiritual home of the Green Machine... Seiffert82!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Some might say The Greenhouse has more clowns than Barnum and Bailey... which could be worrying for any of our American followers. Surveys show that more Americans are afraid of clowns than they are of climate change. I'm not sure what that says about some Americans... and... well let's not get into that climate change debate again! In any case, these posters aren't scary, the readers of The Greenhouse just think they're funny.

Funniest Poster

The nominees are...

-PJ-
reptar
Fuifui Bradbrad
Sid

And the winner is... the master of an "off topic" post... the poster who has many a mother-in-law story... and the poster who has the garage door open for first drinks at noon every Saturday... -PJ-!

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Love the graphs
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

A villain. A character who the audience "boos" in the pantomimes, but whose actions and motives are still critical to the plot. And they never seem to give up! These posters were all part of The Greenhouse pantomime in 2019.

And yes, I know, I know... these introductions are just about as good as the Oscars and the Golden Globes. I didn't get nominated as funniest poster... don't expect me to be funny!

Forum Villain

The nominees are...

Billy Walker
afgtnk
Botman
The Nickman

I'm not sure this is an award where there is a "winner"... but the award goes to...

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Looks a lot closer than I would have thought
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I love how that graph is balanced left to right, Nicks vs the world :roflmao
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And this next award follows straight on from the previous one...

Forum Rivalry of the Year

The nominees are...

The Nickman and Billy Walker
afgtnk and Aidan Sezer
"The Crique" and yeh raiders

And for those not in the know, "The Crique" is an amalgam... for the Ricky Stuart clique.

The winners are...

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:20 pm And this next award follows straight on from the previous one...

The nominees are...

afgtnk and Aidan Sezer

And for those not in the know, "The Crique" is an amalgam... for the Ricky Stuart clique.

The winners are...

Wait.... if Nickman vs Billy was the rivalry of the year - and Billy was the Villain of the year does that make Nickman....

A GOOD GUY?????
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Coastalraider wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:22 pm
greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:20 pm And this next award follows straight on from the previous one...

The nominees are...

afgtnk and Aidan Sezer

The winners are...

Wait.... if Nickman vs Billy was the rivalry of the year - and Billy was the Villain of the year does that make Nickman....

A GOOD GUY?????
:lol: :nooo
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Matt wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:24 pm
Coastalraider wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:22 pm

The nominees are...

afgtnk and Aidan Sezer

The winners are...

A GOOD GUY?????
:lol: :nooo
I’m trying to find an error in my logic - but it looks air tight.....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sometimes posters just can't let an issue go. I freely admit... I'm finding it difficult to let #SixAgain and #Trainergate go. Third party agreements... nope, can't let that one go either. Did someone say unrecognised bias? But these were some posters whose pet topics just might have become an obsession...

Obsession of the Year

The nominees are:

"The Crique" and Ricky Stuart
"Croker to the wing" squad
afgtnk and Aidan Sezer

And the winner is... and we can guarantee this one has come to an end... afgtnk and Aidan Sezer.

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:29 pm Image
How much, and will it arrive by Christmas??
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And now our special musical guest! The NRL has announced that Tina Turner will be back with "The Greatest Game of All" in 2020! We'll be hearing a lot more of these two songs next season! Here's Tina! Simply the Best!

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Coastalraider wrote:So what’s everyone wearing tonight?
No socks and matching underwear
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:Underrated. Where the value and importance of something or someone is under-estimated. Think maybe Alan Tongue... Luke Davico... or perhaps even our current co-captain Jarrod Croker. Not quite given the wider recognition they deserve, but ultimately not loved any less for that. Those in the know are not under-estimating these posters!

Most Underrated Poster

The nominees are...

Coastalraider
gergreg
Seiffert82

And the winner is the poster who clearly loves the spiritual home of the Green Machine... Seiffert82!

This makes my brain hurt. You’d think looking at that graph Gerg is the winner, because he’s the most underrated... and Seif is the most rated, underrated poster
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We're proud to announce that, by general acclamation, The Nickman has taken the "Quantity over Quality" Award! But this category is for those posters who don't jump into debates that often, but everyone truly appreciates it when they do.

Quality over Quantity

The nominees are...

Woodgers
Cranky Old Man
RedRaider

And the winner is one of our GH veterans... Woodgers!