2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs - THE AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY 7PM

Post by T_R »

I've got a personal interest in the next one, but ultimately I'm happy to see it go to the thread that was the best of the year.

Actually, bollocks to that.

He sent me flowers. Flowers, people. That wins me the whole damn internet, not just some dodgy forum award. I win this or there's an investigation.

Best Thread/Regular Feature of the Year

$2.40 The GH Match Preview
$3.35 The Game Day Thread
$3.60 Matt's Match-ups
$3.25 Pigman's "I'm right and you **** know it"
$4.60 The Hooter
$2.65 My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
$5.00 The GH commentary team

Lots of potential upsets here. They don't usually poll well but I think the GH Match Day Thread is a red hot chance here. It's always a magnificant roller coaster ride to re-read. The Nigerian Prince looms large though and the Matt's Match-ups and Pigman columns give good value for those looking for a roughie
Tough field to market here, lots of different styles here. Plod or Not was more than a little bit **** ripped off here. People always over look the weekly Game threads and rightfully so, they are boring and more like headlines than they are articles. **** them right off. The Hooter lost his touch a little this year imo, I think this comes down to Pigman and the Nigerian pal, and frankly the Nigerian Pal thread was **** great, especially when the merits of TR's rampant TRing became a thing. Give the award to TR so he can beat some poor black fella upside the head with it

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Has to keep it up for 365 days (or is it 366 being a leap yr) though GE. Cant see it happening
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:Nick really is going for the Matt Elliott Award 2016. That was quite funny.
It'd be nice for him to win something

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote:Nick really is going for the Matt Elliott Award 2016. That was quite funny.

Full stops and lack of emoji make that look cynical and sarcastic, and believe me I know about making those sort of posts.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I think it's important to discuss the best thread in more depth.

We essentially have 6 rugby league threads against one about a father of two using an online female persona in a quest for some Nigerian ****...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:
Ohh TR. My Boogs trophey case is choc to the brim with awards over the years. I'm the Daniel Day-Lewis/Jack Nicholson of this forum. :cool:
Last edited by Botman on December 22, 2015, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I think it has to be either the game day thread or preview.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:
T_R wrote:
Ohh TR. My Boogs trophey case is choc to the brim with awards over the years. I'm the Daniel Day-Lewis of this forum. :cool:
R u sure u arent Stephen Bradbury??? :P
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:I think it's important to discuss the best thread in more depth.

We essentially have 6 rugby league threads against one about a father of two using an online female persona in a quest for some Nigerian ****...
And cheap Nigerian toast topping

Otherwise, it sounds dirty.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bradbury only won once, Matty boy... Ol Pigman has dominated the boogs in the same way that Earth has dominated the Miss Universe pageant
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:Bradbury only won once, Matty boy... Ol Pigman has dominated the boogs in the same way that Earth has dominated the Miss Universe pageant
#Livingonpastglories

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

While this is allegedly a rugby league forum it seems at the end of the day people just like seeing a large dose of Karma being dished out with a slice of 50shades of greyesque erotica.

As someone who has never received flowers from a random on the internet I have to tip my hat for this effort

Best Thread/Regular Feature of the Year

The GH Match Preview
The Game Day Thread
Matt's Match-ups
Pigman's "I'm right and you **** know it"
The Hooter
My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
The GH commentary team

Best Thread

My Online Nigerian Pal / T_R is an Outrageous Racist – 25%
Matt’s Matchups – 18%
The Hooter – 16%
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
Pigman wrote:Bradbury only won once, Matty boy... Ol Pigman has dominated the boogs in the same way that Earth has dominated the Miss Universe pageant
#Livingonpastglories
#DonutKingAdsByMonday

That's a quality reference, google it if you don't appreciate it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Look, I appreciate all the work in the Match threads, match ups and the creative genius of The Hooter.

But there could only be one winner.

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ummmmm....
Not sure where to start here, but.... when did the earth win??? I think the Earth might actually be weaping at those things.

In that analogy I think you are actually either the trophy or Boogs himself. The latter is scary.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Look, I appreciate all the work in the Match threads, match ups and the creative genius of The Hooter.

But there could only be one winner.
Well deserved you vile racist ****
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Can we get the full results, please?
This top 3 is all fine and dandy but to ensure transparency with results, the full list should be revealed
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, I guess we were all pretty much here to see me pick up the gong, but we may as well press through for the final few awards of the night...leading up to the big one, the Daley C.

Next up is the reason that we wake up crying, but don't know why. Missing in Action, these are the guys that left the biggest hole on the GH.

Surely this is Albi's to lose?

The Missing in Action Award
$5.50 Shezza
$2.60 Michael
$9.00 Rodman
$1.50 Albi

Albi is the class of this field and probably deserves the award. Rodman and Shezza make too many mini showings to be really in contention here and I don't think the voting public know who or what a Michael is
Let me try and be kind here. Albi should win because he's the best of these posters and is legitmately missing. Rodman comes back every so often to flog merch and Michael and Shezza aren't missing at all, I talk to them all the **** time. I **** WISH they were MIA. Lord how I'd love to not have to put up with either of those idiots, but that's my burden to bear

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Can we get the full results, please?
This top 3 is all fine and dandy but to ensure transparency with results, the full list should be revealed
Youre just jealous that my half of our joint Boogs is carrying you :P
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Absolutely available to outside audit, but currently unpublished to save blushes in the 0.0% community.

You wouldn't understand the shame of that, Pigman.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I want to see them as well!

I was only given a top 3 which definitely raises some questions with tbh I don't give a **** about the answers..
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:
Absolutely available to outside audit, but currently unpublished to save blushes in the 0.0% community.

:lol:
Well that confirms it, i clearly didnt get 0% then did i!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:
T_R wrote:

:lol:
Well that confirms it, i clearly didnt get 0% then did i!
#Uglydenial

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How many Boogs have you won again Nick?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Missing in Action- I for one was VERY concerned out Albi until he broke Radio/Social media silence earlier this week to make contact.

The Missing in Action Award

Shezza
Michael
Rodman
Albi

Michael – 47%
Albi – 31%
Shezza – 12%

Anyway well done Michael, who is as (fortunately) missing from this forum as an infamous photo of me and him involving a hotdog at ANZ stadium
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote:
How many Boogs have you won again Nick?
All cats? Probably around 10 or so
I think ive taken the top prize twice
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Schifty wrote: Anyway well done Michael, who is as (fortunately) missing from this forum as an infamous photo of me and him involving a hotdog at ANZ stadium
I had 4 people searching the internet for that photo... but it could not be located :(
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That's a scandal.

Albi was robbed.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pigman wrote:
Schifty wrote: Anyway well done Michael, who is as (fortunately) missing from this forum as an infamous photo of me and him involving a hotdog at ANZ stadium
I had 4 people searching the internet for that photo... but it could not be located :(
Oh what a shame.

Good thing I paid $$$ to a photographer to destroy it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Next up..... the day The GH reached Peak Stupid....and could there be a more hotly contested award?

Worst thread of the Year
$1.80 Croker can't defend
$1.20 Ricky Stuart
$2.30 My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
$11.00 The Religion Thread

The form here is the Religion Thread but there is no action there at all, and it's hard to see the voting public shying away from negative posts about our supercoach or our NRL leading point scoring captain, those two should duke it out, but I think the Stuart thread probably gets a win
Anyone who's even gazed into that Religion Thread would be mad to vote any other way. Honestly the **** Bull that goes on in there is **** staggering. Imagine for a moment if we had a thread on the main page where we discussed the issue of which position the Incredible Hulk would play on the All Neptune Team for the Intergalactic Rugby League championship... sure we'd argue but not for 100 **** pages. You have **** in there who are arguing the merits of a book they **** KNOW to be fiction. And you **** think Pigman likes to argue?!

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

And then it's onto the big one!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Has Schifty been into the Rakia? Where the devil is he?

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Incredibly there was 84 original nominations for this award which surprisingly in the sense it didn't get into triple digits.

In the end it was narrowed down and there was an overwhelming winner which again brought up a shock as it wasn't the religion thread. One can only assume a lot of people have not ventured into that cesspit.

I'm still stunned people debate religion when everyone knows the one true religion is JD's monologues at the end of each Scrubs episode compiled into a book.

Worst thread of the Year

Croker can't defend
Ricky Stuart
My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
The Religion Thread

Worst Thread

Croker Can’t Defend – 55%
Region Thread – 15%
Ricky Stuart Thread – 15%
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Has Schifty been into the Rakia? Where the devil is he?

Good grief you're hounding me like a paranoid Nigerian Lover.

GO hang out with Manbush for 5 minutes.