2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony - How it happened

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:Not sure what happened here but congrats to the winners. Particular congrats to the newer posters who have added a great deal to this forum the last couple of years.
Yeah, I agree with that - we've picked up some great contributors in the last 12 months.
And none of them are Lucy or that other idiot
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

mate....mate... they're ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Lucy. You, me and TR included.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Feel sorry for that Lucy guy. Talking to himself all the time.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

In the end, we're all Lucy

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's the Lucyhouse
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:mate....mate... they're ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Lucy. You, me and TR included.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Congrats everyone, always enjoy this time of year
IronRaiden
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Kennedy

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs - THE AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY 7PM

Post by IronRaiden »

Schifty wrote:Forum Villain of the Year

Pigman
IronRaiden
bileduct

All I can say here is people clearly don't know the real Pigman.. He should have got 125% of the vote.

IronRaiden – 47%
Bileduct – 30%
Pigman – 23%
I'd like to thank my family for their support, the academy for their votes, my legion of fans for their nominations and anyone of the non existent gods for their magic. This accolade will sit proudly next to my Darwin award.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.