2015 Golden Boogs contenders

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Should there be a 2015 Golden Boogs Awards?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2015 Golden Boogs contenders

Post by The Nickman »

I'd like to nominate Phantom for the Greenhouse Best Alt That Isn't Lucy Boogs.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Probably bloody IS Lucy

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:Probably bloody IS Lucy
Listen... there's a fair chance we're ALL Lucy
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Thought I was Lucy. Turns out I'm a dog called droopy.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Thought I was Lucy. Turns out I'm a dog called droopy.
Don't worry dubs, my missus ****ing LOVES dogs.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

She doesn't love Lucy?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Well that explains why were sheep.. We're all the same person..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Lenny Leonard wrote:Well that explains why were sheep.. We're all the same person..
Except papabear, of course...
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Jinxed for this marvel:

Love it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

TR has come forward to organise the 2015 Boogs. So the Boogs is saved! Will happened sometime in October.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm sure Jeff will be rapt
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I'm rapt!
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote:TR has come forward to organise the 2015 Boogs. So the Boogs is saved! Will happened sometime in October.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Im offline for a week from this morning, but The Boogs will be back, bigger and glitzier than ever, in the first week of October.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

****!

Schifty, can you drop my gold tux in for dry cleaning??? I never got the creme de menthe stain out from last year.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Any chance we could have a category for the biggest tool on the forum this year. We could call it the golden duges.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

gangrenous wrote:Any chance we could have a category for the biggest tool on the forum this year. We could call it the golden duges.
im not sure how they work but id say creating an award for yourself is frowned apon
Dont delete this GE
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yeah that's pretty much how it works.

So I leant you a hand and recommended one for you. I guess I'll have to cross my fingers that someone else suggests a Golden McAwesome award...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

After years of an alarming sanitation of the Boogs product, i think we will see a shock new category or two in 2015....

Now if you'll excuse me, Im negotiating a labor contract with some non-English speaking swarthy chaps who seem to be prepared to offer catering services for $3 per hour.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sounds like the Golden McAwesome is in!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

TR, if you need any help, I've got most of October free

I can sort out the drinks or help rig the votes??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im insulted that you think I need help with either drinking or low level corruption.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

T_R wrote: Now if you'll excuse me, Im negotiating a labor contract with some non-English speaking swarthy chaps who seem to be prepared to offer catering services for $3 per hour.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

So how much $$$ in brown paper bags will it take T_R ?

Yes a bribe...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Is there going to be a money back special if we bet on the awards and pigman gets zero votes?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Will Justice Crew be performing?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

reptar wrote:Will Justice Crew be performing?
i believe timmomatics being flown in
Dont delete this GE
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Will Beau Ryan be cohost?

That bloke will take any gig right now.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Schifty wrote:Will Beau Ryan be cohost?

no, but hi five for the thought
Dont delete this GE
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

simo wrote:
Schifty wrote:Will Beau Ryan be cohost?

no, but hi five for the thought
I love hi-5
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Could we ask Beau Ryan? I'm sure he'd be down with it.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Beau Ryan has made a promise that if Mr. Snrub doesn't win Boogs poster of the year, Beau will run through the Greenhouse naked..
Oh Beau and his antics.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:Im insulted that you think I need help with either drinking or low level corruption.
Just thought you could benefit from the assistance of a professional in either of those fields.

Suit yourself, jerk.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pretty amazing that TR is living a week in the wild to offset the omissions of this event so it is Carbon Neutral. :clap:
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Image is there a popularity award? Or a misuse of the word "popular" award that tapatalk could win?
Dont delete this GE