2014 Golden Boogs - Official Nominations - Voting

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Re: 2014 Golden Boogs - Official Nominations - Voting now op

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Always a scandal in rugby league
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Ooohhh, I love a good scandal.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

I always thought You were Fair Cop, Pigman.
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Raps

Post by Fair Cop »

As long as people don't think i'm you Begbie, i'll be a winner no matter what.
Last edited by Fair Cop on October 3, 2014, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#The Clap #The Team #The Vibe
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Mate, can't we just shake hands and be mates?
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Raps

Post by Fair Cop »

I'm sorry Begbie i really am, i can't stop. HELP ME!
#The Clap #The Team #The Vibe
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BREAKING NEWS: The Greenhouse Academy bunkers down

The Greenhouse Academy is in late night crisis talks tonight as The Greenhouse Times goes to print.

The senior management of The GH is burning the midnight oil - and are at a loss to know how to deal with allegations that there is a fraud amongst the nominees for the 2014 Golden Boogs Awards.

The plush offices of The Greenhouse were ablaze late Friday night, after allegations made in this newspaper that a nominee for the 2014 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year is, in fact, a longstanding member of the site, posting under another name.

It appears the nominee has multiple identities on The Greenhouse.

The Greenhouse Times entertainment reporter Kent Brockman said the crisis is unprecedented.

"It's unprecedented. It is really unprecedented. And by that I mean that we've never seen anything like this before" Brockman said.

And Brockman would know. One of the original Golden Boogs Awards was named in his honour, before the category was unceremoniously dropped.

Ironically, The Greenhouse Academy President, greeneyed, was the winner of the Kent Brockman Award in 2004. But this crisis will surely test the five time Golden Boogs Poster of the Year.

As he rushed into the crisis talks tonight, greeneyed was visibly shocked by the allegations made by The Greenhouse Times.

"No, no, no... no comment. If you blokes don't get out of the way, I'm really going to stack on a blue" he said.

This story will be updated as further news becomes available.
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

Don't hammer GE with so many questions. Can't GE just enjoy his 5 Golden Boogs Poster of the year awards? You know them ones?
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Looks like the lights are on, but no one is home.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The admin asleep at the wheel? Imagine my surprise
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Official statement from The Greenhouse

The Greenhouse is aware of allegations that a nominee for the 2014 Golden Boogs Awards may not be eligible in their category, namely Newbie of the Year. It is alleged that a poster has created multiple identities on the site, and that a nominee for Newbie of the Year is in fact a long standing poster.

These are serious allegations and the organising committee for the Boogs Awards, The Greenhouse Academy, is investigating them.

The Greenhouse will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.

The Greenhouse media
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

:hmmm
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Silence is deafening at GH HQ
Sports Confidential Locker Room

The 2014 Golden Boogs scandal seems no closer to resolution after The Greenhouse awards organising committee remained bunkered down on Saturday. The Greenhouse issued an official statement, but it shed no new light on the allegations that there is a fraudster amongst the 2014 forum award nominees.

It reads:
The Greenhouse is aware of allegations that a nominee for the 2014 Golden Boogs Awards may not be eligible in their category, namely Newbie of the Year. It is alleged that a poster has created multiple identities on the site, and that a nominee for Newbie of the Year is in fact a long standing poster.

These are serious allegations and the organising committee for the Boogs Awards, The Greenhouse Academy, is investigating them.

The Greenhouse will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.
No one at the site was available for comment today, with all staff making a quiet exit from GH HQ, unobserved by reporters.

Voting for the Golden Boogs remains open, despite the scandal hanging over the process. Votes close at the conclusion of the NRL Grand Final.

The Greenhouse Times
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This is just terrible if true.

I'm speechless.....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Must have a bunch of fat, old, mysogynistic white guys running this place.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I think this is being handled as well as it possibly can by the GH Academy, and I fully trust that the competency of the administration will see the matter brought to a swift conclusion.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Greenhouse HQ promises statement on Boogs scandal

After successfully evading reporters for two days, Greenhouse Academy president, greeneyed, was spotted at his favourite Sunday brunch spot at Manuka, south Canberra this morning.

He is under pressure to act in the Golden Boogs scandal, after this newspaper reported that doubts had emerged over the identity of one of the nominees for 2014 Newbie of the Year. It is thought that a long time member of The Greenhouse site has multiple identities, and has been mistaken as a new poster.

Reporters descended and greeneyed had to make his escape to the car park with assistance of police.

Amidst the chaos, greeneyed said: "We expect to make a statement soon. What I will say is the fans aren't justified in blaming the Academy for this. It's got bugger all to do with the Academy, that sort of thing. Now let me through before I stack on a blue. I'm just going to enjoy my Grand Final day."

The Greenhouse Times
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

The GH and the Boogs make the Logies look credible and relevant.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Nothing can do that
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Official statement from The Greenhouse

Voting for the 2014 Golden Boogs Awards is now officially closed.

Unfortunately, it appears that investigations undertaken by The Greenhouse Academy, the organising committee of the Golden Boogs Awards, has discovered that one of the nominees for Newbie of the Year, gnocchi1, is one of a number of multiple accounts of a long standing poster. Therefore, votes for gnocchi1 are void, and gnocchi1 is disqualified from the Awards.

The Greenhouse Academy continues to actively investigate this situation, and The Greenhouse will not be making any further comment at this time.

The Greenhouse media
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Who is gnocchi then?!
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

So who is gnocchi?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

gnocchi1-gate? Well done to the 'deep throat' investigators who uncovered this fiendish plot. We can all sleep a little easier knowing they are on the job.
Now we await the unmasking of the perpetrator and the mandatory Senate inquiry.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Where is this gnocchi1 ?

Defend yourself man, stand up and be counted.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Presumably banned pending further investigation?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Clearly the blackest day in Australian forums.

I expect several 5 year bans backdated to 2009 to be handed down.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

It was always rigged I tell ya
gnocchi1
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by gnocchi1 »

I'm not sure what this is all about.
Sounds to me as if the GH administration are trying to drum up some controversy to lift ratings.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Im gonna go out on a limb and declare GE is Gnocchi1.

It was only weeks ago he was questioning the relevance of the Boogs. I have reason to believe the GH Academy created Gnocchi1 last year as a device to drum up Boogs viewership.

This isnt the first time the Academy have tried such schemes. I can tell you about a time they tried to ruin my chances of a boogs by deleting an epic post I made in a sad effort to silence me.

For this I say shame on you GH Academy. Shame. On. You
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Funny how TR hasn't been seen since all this broke.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Schifty wrote:Funny how TR hasn't been seen since all this broke.
Might also explain the Dubby disappearance. Sounds like this goes all the way to the top!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Greenhouse Academy tipped to impose further penalties as result of Boogs scandal

The Greenhouse Times understands that The Greenhouse Academy, the organising committee of the Golden Boogs Awards, is considering penalties for the long time poster who took a double identity and ended up with a nomination as Newbie of the Year.

In an official statement last night, The Greenhouse officially disqualified gnocchi1 from the Newbie of the Year for 2014.

There has been speculation since about the real identity of gnocchi1 - and gnocchi1 made his own statement denying all knowledge of the voting scandal.

GH HQ was closed today, due to a public holiday, and no further clarifications were forthcoming.

However a GH insider said the disqualification may not be the end of the saga.

"Some of the senior management at The Greenhouse are unhappy that there appears to have been a well planned hoax, designed to fool the whole GH community" the insider said, who refused to be named.

"This isn't the last we've heard of this. They're thinking about what penalties might be needed for the mastermind behind this."

The Greenhouse Times
T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2014 Golden Boogs - Official Nominations - Voting

Post by T_R »

NRL Gossip: Rumours of a Boogs scandal sweep The GH

We're hearing that there's quite a scandal brewing down Canberra way, among all the build up to the annual Golden Boogs Awards. Apparently one of the 'regular' posters has slipped a fake account into the voting for the 'Newbie' award. His chances of getting up? About 0.0%, apparently.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:Funny how TR hasn't been seen since all this broke.
In Paris. Alarmed by the talk of a scandal, as per tradition I'm considering my options in French Rugby.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

gangrenous wrote:Clearly the blackest day in Australian forums.

I expect several 5 year bans backdated to 2009 to be handed down.
Meaning he can post again in about 4 weeks :lol: Love ASADA jokes.