2012 Golden Boogs - Official Nominations - Voting

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

theDor
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Dugan

2012 Golden Boogs Awards - Voting now open!

Post by theDor »

The_Nickman wrote:I'm glad I got to read that one before it got deleted, anyway...
What happened what got deleted
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Re: 2012 Golden Boogs Awards - Voting now open!

Post by Lui_Bon »

When will Justin Credible get a job for the Daily Telegraph? It can't be far off...
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

T_R wrote:That goggle-eyed freak would be the first up against the wall.
I knew your caustic right wing persona was merely a ruse to hide your revolutionary agenda..
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

The post wasn't actually deleted, it was passed a bulging brown paper bag and has since relocated itself to the forum of a less scrupulous team based in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

It's gone, time to move on guys.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Albi wrote:
I knew your caustic right wing persona was merely a ruse to hide your revolutionary agenda..
Albi's definition of Right Wing: Anyone positioned to the right of him. i.e - everybody.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
Albi's definition of Right Wing: Anyone positioned to the right of him. i.e - everybody.
You certainly give GE a run for his money in the lack of/awareness of humour category.... I'm seeing potential for a new Boogs award :D

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
You certainly give GE a run for his money in the lack of/awareness of humour category.... I'm seeing potential for a new Boogs award :D
Albi's definition of 'lack of humour': Anyone who doesn't find him funny. i.e - everybody

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Is it too late to nominate T_R and Albi for Obsession/Romance Of The Year?
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
Albi's definition of 'lack of humour': Anyone who doesn't find him funny. i.e - everybody
I'm actually hilarious...

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well yeah, sure, visually

jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:I knew your caustic right wing persona was merely a ruse to hide your revolutionary agenda..
Hilarious, or Hilary Clinton?
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

T_R wrote:Well yeah, sure, visually
Well obviously... I'm 168cm of hilarity

Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:I knew your caustic right wing persona was merely a ruse to hide your revolutionary agenda..
Hilarious, or Hilary Clinton?

More Hillary actually

jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

*pictures Albi in a dress*

You're right. Hilarious.
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

Bipolar Bear wrote:*pictures Albi in a dress*

You're right. Hilarious.
I'm glad you didn't say erotic

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

What's the story? Fans protest looking for answers
Justin Credible. The Daily Bugle 25/09/2012

Not happy Jan - unhappy fans protesting in front of Greeneyed's house. Source - Google Images

It has been over 12 hours since Fuigate began and still no explanation has been given behind the post that has rocked the Boogs.

"It's still baffles me," Fui tells the Daily Bugle. "Usually the mods just edit the part of the post they don't like, or at least PM the poster telling them why the post was deleted. At present, there still hasn't been any explanation. All we've been told is to move on, and that it won't be coming back."

One of the Greenhouse's resident posters Michael, believes this is just unacceptable.

"Anyone who lets Question rack up 10,000+ posts of absolute trolling idiocy and deletes something like Brad's post is a **** prat."

As we go to press, it seems like three of the four Matt Elliott nominees will be boycotting the Boogs, with confirmation of the Muse's stance on Fuigate still unclear.

Until then, this uncredited journo will keep his ear to the ground and bring the scoops to you as they come.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I'm still trying to figure out what a **** prat is...
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

This is an outrage! :rant:
When do we turn protesting into rioting?
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sir McSquid wrote:This is an outrage! :rant:
When do we turn protesting into rioting?
I've been rioting since Wednesday!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

"We are not answerable to this rabble"
Hi-Lee Dubious. The Ostrayan 25/09/12

Greenhouse Moderation Regime leader Greeneyed refused to comment overnight. Source - Regime libraries

In a move that seems likely to further increase tension in the ‘Boogsgate Affair’, a Greenhouse spokesman has lashed out angrily at the actions of protesters who yesterday stormed the GreenEyed Estate.

“This… this rabble… dared to strut around outside the servants quarters, chanting and carrying on. His GE-ness was slightly put off from his morning task of thrashing his maid. We won’t stand for it any further, and it was frankly a delight to turn the fire hoses onto them. I answer to God! God, and GE! And not necessarily in that order! I certainly don't answer to this unwashed rabble”

Hostilities initially broke out on Monday of this week following the deletion of posts from the ‘Golden Boogs’ thread. The contentious posts, described by Greenhouse sources as being “poorly written gumph from one of the second rank plebs who haunts the cheap seats in the game day thread’ were left online only briefly before being removed. Although no official comment was forthcoming from Moderators overnight, the same sources were quoted as saying ‘Look, if this rabble had any idea just how little the Mods care for their half-baked opinions and infantile rhetoric, they’d slink back to whichever cesspit they semi-evolved from and get back to obsessing over coaching. We don’t care now, we won’t care later and we never have bloody cared!’

Well-known left wing agitator, Albi responded angrily to these comments. “It’s not fair” he was quoted as whining. “It’s just not fair. It’s not! It’s not! It’s just not!. Also, it mussed my hair when they sprayed me with that hose and also I hurt my foot a little bit while stamping it in rage!”.

Previous attempts at protest, notably by dissidents such as Bay56, have been brutally repressed by the GE-led Moderation regime.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

This thread is so full of win
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

T_R wrote:"We are not answerable to this rabble"
Hi-Lee Dubious. The Ostrayan 25/09/12

Greenhouse Moderation Regime leader Greeneyed refused to comment overnight. Source - Regime libraries

In a move that seems likely to further increase tension in the ‘Boogsgate Affair’, a Greenhouse spokesman has lashed out angrily at the actions of protesters who yesterday stormed the GreenEyed Estate.

“This… this rabble… dared to strut around outside the servants quarters, chanting and carrying on. His GE-ness was slightly put off from his morning task of thrashing his maid. We won’t stand for it any further, and it was frankly a delight to turn the fire hoses onto them. I answer to God! God, and GE! And not necessarily in that order! I certainly don't answer to this unwashed rabble”

Hostilities initially broke out on Monday of this week following the deletion of posts from the ‘Golden Boogs’ thread. The contentious posts, described by Greenhouse sources as being “poorly written gumph from one of the second rank plebs who haunts the cheap seats in the game day thread’ were left online only briefly before being removed. Although no official comment was forthcoming from Moderators overnight, the same sources were quoted as saying ‘Look, if this rabble had any idea just how little the Mods care for their half-baked opinions and infantile rhetoric, they’d slink back to whichever cesspit they semi-evolved from and get back to obsessing over coaching. We don’t care now, we won’t care later and we never have bloody cared!’

Well-known left wing agitator, Albi responded angrily to these comments. “It’s not fair” he was quoted as whining. “It’s just not fair. It’s not! It’s not! It’s just not!. Also, it mussed my hair when they sprayed me with that hose and also I hurt my foot a little bit while stamping it in rage!”.

Previous attempts at protest, notably by dissidents such as Bay56, have been brutally repressed by the GE-led Moderation regime.
:lol:

Ps - IT'S NOT FAIR!!! It really isn't :(

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

T_R wrote:from his morning task of thrashing his maid.
I'd be careful with this quote. I've had posts deleted before that have been deleted for making such comments.

Save your post, of fix this line, before the whole thing gets deleted
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

This thread is way off topic.

Can we get back to the voting please?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Qld stole your post Fui just like they steal everything the thieving redneck hillbillies
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

manbush wrote:Qld stole your post Fui just like they steal everything the thieving redneck hillbillies
Hey! His post has been in Queensland since it was six years old!!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote:This thread is way off topic.

Can we get back to the voting please?
Debatable, I think it's still on topic. I was nominated for the Matt Elliott award, I posted something I thought would assist votes coming my way. It got deleted, and no one knows/is willing to explain why.

As per the GH guidelines;

* I didn't post a libel story, it was a story on how I went from annoying everyone when I first signed up, to being nominated for a Boogs
* It didn't contain inappropriate images or language
* It didn't post the contents of a private message
* I didn't quote another story without a link
* I didn't quote another post and alter it
* Didn't advertise any products explicitly

People are just wanting to know what the G-O is?

Nickman's love of NSW
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Fui, time to move on.

* you must follow the requests of the Administrators and Moderators.

Dubby's already requested you to do so, I'm asking again.
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

I enjoy the Internet.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Luffty wrote:I enjoy the Internet.
lol
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Can we have the "off-topic" thread unlocked so we can post random thoughts and off topic things in there?

Because I created the Fui Fui Worm Worm Thread a few weeks ago for the purpose of developing our love further and it lasted not even one post. I created it for the sole purpose of not filling other more important threads like the McCrone to Hooker thread, or the other McCrone to hooker thread or that other thread, what is it called.. Oh that's right.. the McCrone to Hooker thread with "off topic Bits of Awesome!" rather than again talk about hgow McCrone will be a good hooker.

If we get edited and deleted constantly for posting "off topic" things, can we not have a thread for this kind of banter that we can atleast post in?

Serious question..

(It costs too much for Fui and I to relate via dating websites and well I live too far away for grinder)
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

An official statement from The Greenhouse

The Greenhouse Administrators have conducted a long and searching investigation into how Fuifui Bradbrad's post was deleted and a further post from Worm was also deleted from this thread. Both posts have been unfortunately permanently deleted. It is usual practice that deleted posts are moved to a special Deleted posts thread on the site, which is visible only to the Moderators. This enables the posts to be restored if considered appropriate, but this was not done in this case. The Mod team can make the occasional error, and we apologise for this one. The posts did not breach site guidelines, but unfortunately the posts cannot be restored. The job of Moderator is a difficult one, and unpaid, and people only volunteer for these roles so as to make The Greenhouse the best Canberra Raiders site on the web. We can only ask for your understanding when we make the occasional error.

The Greenhouse Administrators will not be making further comment on this matter.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Worm wrote:Can we have the "off-topic" thread unlocked so we can post random thoughts and off topic things in there?

Because I created the Fui Fui Worm Worm Thread a few weeks ago for the purpose of developing our love further and it lasted not even one post. I created it for the sole purpose of not filling other more important threads like the McCrone to Hooker thread, or the other McCrone to hooker thread or that other thread, what is it called.. Oh that's right.. the McCrone to Hooker thread with "off topic Bits of Awesome!" rather than again talk about hgow McCrone will be a good hooker.

If we get edited and deleted constantly for posting "off topic" things, can we not have a thread for this kind of banter that we can atleast post in?

Serious question..

(It costs too much for Fui and I to relate via dating websites and well I live too far away for grinder)
There is a procedure for raising questions about moderation, via PM. However in this case, I'll respond. Such threads can be readily established in The Lime Lounge by anyone, that's what that board is for. The particular thread you mention was deleted as it breached site guidelines, and it was clear that the content had already been considered inappropriate in another thread.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

greeneyed wrote:
Worm wrote:Can we have the "off-topic" thread unlocked so we can post random thoughts and off topic things in there?

Serious question..

There is a procedure for raising questions about moderation, via PM. However in this case, I'll respond. Such threads can be readily established in The Lime Lounge by anyone, that's what that board is for. The particular thread you mention was deleted as it breached site guidelines, and it was clear that the content had already been considered inappropriate in another thread.
Cool. Appreciate that GE.

If it was to ever be created again, I assure you the content will not involve PPP or anything similar.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

Wow...

There will be pre show interviews on the green carpet before the ceremony. So who will be the Best Dressed? Best Ride? and Best Date to the awards?
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way