2011 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2011 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony - Tuesday from 7.30pm

Post by dubby »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Um I dont seem to have a seat
plenty of room here in TRs lap *moves over*
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

woo hoo LG
Last edited by Raidersrawesome on October 20, 2011, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

I just soiled myself in excitement
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote:

you havent seen the size of me.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

A worthy winner!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Well done LG!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Righto Bayside grab me a beer and get yourself a little something for being a good boy.
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
dubby wrote:

TR is a mighty man.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raidersrawesome wrote:
dubby wrote:

No, no....there's plenty of room....

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

goes to Begbie Big Mal

With a banner like that he doesnt really need a banner award lol.

Congratulations mate well earned.
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

FTR, thats me on the left and raidersareawesome on the right

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote:FTR, thats me on the left and raidersareawesome on the right

Only when I look in a slimming mirror
NickPolitis
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Josh Dugan

Post by NickPolitis »

Where's the VIP area, pissants?
One day, they'll ALL be ours
SirMcSquid
David Furner

Post by SirMcSquid »

SORRY I'M LATE BOIZZ!!

banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

On behalf of LG I prepared a speech , ok it was my speech

* cough cough *

OMG I CNT BLIEV I WN. ID LKE 2 TNK EVRYN WH VTD FR ME FR THS WH HV FAITH IN M. ID ALS LKE 2 THNK AL THS WH HV SPPRTD M. MM AND DD U HV BEEN THR SNC BRTH AND SPCL MNTN 2 BRTT WHT YOUR A LGND M8 LV YA
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well said. Well said.

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Worthy winners soo far!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

well done begbie, I do love that sig.

freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Matthew Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

Bipolar Bear

I don't need to say much, he's one funny guy and he has gone back to back winner of this award too.
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

dubby wrote:well done begbie, I do love that sig.
X2

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

NickPolitis wrote:Where's the VIP area, pissants?
what the hell?? :nooo

Look Nick, Josh ain't here mate. Haven't you got some brown bags to deliver somewhere, or children to eat? :evil:

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

freddo wrote:Matthew Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

Bipolar Bear

I don't need to say much, he's one funny guy and he has gone back to back winner of this award too.
Richly deserved. The man who brought Google Images to life.

freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Forum Villain of the Year

Bay56

Love him or loath him, this dude gets a lot of people off side. However he has proven time and time again that being unpopular with the majority is kool... "well not really".
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I love Bipolar Bar

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Bay where are you? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I hear crickets.

Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

freddo wrote:Matthew Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

Bipolar Bear

I love BPD, but Muse was robbed IMO

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Bay is a rebel..
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

well, I'm having a good time.

Got rid of Nick, had a chat with raidersareawesome, being trying to maintain eye contact from TR which is hard when you're in his lap, been hiding from Bipolar Bear and trying to chat with Albi who is doing odd things with dirt

freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

And saying that he got people off side - none more then the next poster.

Forum Rivalry of the Year

Bay56 V Nick

A feud which has been brewing since day one. I remember in the early days that these two couldn't play nice and I see its six years on and things haven't changed.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bay couldn't be with us this evening, I'm afraid

Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

Forum Villain of the Year

Bay56

A man who almost makes this forum unreadable at times... Well deserved.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Sorry I'm late, just had to pick up my date from the airport. Coming through...

Congrats to Andy, LG and BpB.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on October 18, 2011, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

At great expense to the management, here's the first of the big numbers... and traditional rugby league fare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5E8ie2pdM&ob=av2n
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote:well, I'm having a good time.

Got rid of Nick, had a chat with raidersareawesome, being trying to maintain eye contact from TR which is hard when you're in his lap, been hiding from Bipolar Bear and trying to chat with Albi who is doing odd things with dirt

Is there something sticking in your back?