2011 Golden Boogs contenders

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2011 Boogs nomination thread

Post by -PJ- »

Who cares. Really.....who cares
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

What a douche.
#BoneMcCrone
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I can count about 5 people at least that think that's cool...

Therefore people care
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I would visit. Did you go to the soup nazi's shop?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

2011 Boogs nomination thread

Post by Postman Pat »

Rodman wrote:
Jason wrote:
Rodman wrote:
Jason wrote:
Bipolar Bear wrote:You're clearly not one of those people who believe that Seinfeld was the absolute pinnacle of TV excellence, and that standing in front of a store-front that was used as a location identifier in the show makes you cooler than anyone else in the history of the world.
Does this make make me cool as well?

Mos def.

Although not as cool as someone who would use that pic as an avatar.
Did it take you long to get the photo without anyone walking past, it took us a fair while.
Nah, only stood there for a minute or so. Got lucky, I guess.

Disappointed they didn't have a big salad, but I had delicious sundae.
Had the double cheese burger, and literally gave me 2 massive cheese burgers. Haha, not quite what I was expecting. It was good.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Bipolar Bear wrote:You're clearly not one of those people who believe that Seinfeld was the absolute pinnacle of TV excellence, and that standing in front of a store-front that was used as a location identifier in the show makes you cooler than anyone else in the history of the world.
Dude, I absolutely HATED Seineld! :lol:

No wonder I didn't understand the love for that avatar.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

dubby wrote:
Dude, I absolutely HATED Seineld! :lol:

No wonder I didn't understand the love for that avatar.
x2 Dubs..

I'd prefer a cup of earl grey, my snuggie and a Bold and the Beautiful marathon over that hernia inducing sitcom..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Bloody hell, a bloke goes out of his way to try something different , and all he cops is greif.

Anyways is the you Rodriguez or Michelangelo in the photo?
This place is woke.
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

The only person giving grief is green94, and I'm pretty sure that no-one cares what he thinks. Dubby, God love him, just has horrible taste.

And the person in the picture is me. Contrary to popular belief, Michael and I are not lovers - it's more of an open relationship.
#BoneMcCrone
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Come on Rod, we still share a fondness of the Simpsons.

I think there is something wrong with me. Until Worm revealed his dark side, I thought I was the only person who hated Seinfeld.

I tried watching it, but it just made me want to hurt people. Most annoying characters in history!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

How can you hate Seinfeld?!?!?! Fair enough if you dont own a TV or a brain cell... but geez..
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:Come on Rod, we still share a fondness of the Simpsons.

I think there is something wrong with me. Until Worm revealed his dark side, I thought I was the only person who hated Seinfeld.

I tried watching it, but it just made me want to hurt people. Most annoying characters in history!
Add me to the Seinfeld haters. I tried watching it once and felt it was 5 mins of my life wasted.
2 weeks ago I tried watching it, hoping it was an acquired taste. It wasn't and I found myself annoyed with the characters as well
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Your comment reminded me of another Simpsons quote, from Hans Moleman:

"You wasted 5 minutes of my life and I want them baaaack. Oh, I'd only waste them anway".

jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

OK guys, Boogs nominations or STFU :lol:

Dubby, you know better than to derail a thread like this.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bite me. ;)

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You like The Simpsons but hate Seinfeld?
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

I nominate Question for Most Improved Poster.
#BoneMcCrone
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Ah cmon mate, I think I have always good, no? :lol:
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:

You like The Simpsons but hate Seinfeld?
No, I LOVE the Simpons and DETEST Seinfeld.

jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

dubby wrote:
greeneyed wrote:You like The Simpsons but hate Seinfeld?
No, I LOVE the Simpons and DETEST Seinfeld.
I'd have thought that if you LOVEd it, you'd at least know how to spell S-i-m-p-s-o-n-s :P
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rodman wrote:I nominate Question for Most Improved Poster.
I nominate him for most deranged poster. Damn, we're only going to have positive Boogs nominations this year!
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

greeneyed wrote:
Rodman wrote:I nominate Question for Most Improved Poster.
I nominate him for most deranged poster. Damn, we're only going to have positive Boogs nominations this year!
His brains may be scrambled, but his heart is in the right place.
#BoneMcCrone
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Dubby's op in here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19674
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

dubby unmasked:

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Best first post and funniest post

Gramsy 23:

Hi all. I'm not a Raiders fan, but I do hold a special connection with Bruce Stadium it being the first stadium I visited (even sat in Big Mal's old locker). Anyway to cut a long story short, I joined because I know you all love the Tongue and I want to share in the Tongue love this Saturday. Might come join yas in the away supporter bay! I even put together some words, a little song to salute the Tongue on his last game in Qld.

Here it is - I hope you can join in. To the tune of 'Forever Young'

Forever Tongue
We wish you could stay forever Tongue
We thought that you would play forever, forever, forever.
Forever Tongue
You're Canberra's favourite rednut, son
We're gonna do it tough without ya - our Tonguey, our Alan Tongue

Looking to secure a ranga wig too! Forever Tongue!
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Nominate 'Mickey_Raider' for most improved or quality over quantity.
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

Thread of the year (or post of the year...???):

Hitler gets briefed on the Raiders 2011 season by raidersmalt.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21282

:thumbsup
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Is there a category in which I can vote for BPB's use of photographic media?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Scrub that, let's put him down for the big one: BPB for Matt Elliot Medal - funniest poster.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.