2009 Golden Boogs contenders

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Re: 2009 Golden Boogs nominations

Post by Sterlk »

*doesn't take bait*

Ages ago when your responses were somewhat intelligent; although I didn't like it, at least it was reasonably interesting. Of late your responses are scathing 1 word/line taunts and sarcastic remarks devoid of any wit... might as well be an opposition fan yelling "Go back to Canberra", pointless and boring.

I'm both sick of, and bored with, whatever you'd call this new brand of "insult". It's no longer remotely entertaining, so if you can't be either civil or entertaining I see no reason not to add you to my ignore list and be done with it once and for all.

... and I don't particularly want the admins to tell me to get out of the thread again, so I'm not responding to you here anymore.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Sterlk wrote: might as well be an opposition fan yelling "Go back to Canberra", pointless and boring.
That's a pretty solid insult to be honest - god knows I wouldn't want to be going there. :P
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Michael wrote:
Sterlk wrote: might as well be an opposition fan yelling "Go back to Canberra", pointless and boring.
That's a pretty solid insult to be honest - god knows I wouldn't want to be going there. :P
Good.

We don't like your type here anyway, you're hotel etiquette if worse than a chimpanzee.

*even if the hotel i question deserved it
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

I assure you that if I hadn't been drugged to the eyeballs full of painkillers over the last 48 hours my rejoinders would be comprised of enough wit to meet your own impeccably high standards (wait for it...) :P
#BoneMcCrone
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Schifty wrote:
Michael wrote:
Good.

We don't like your type here anyway, you're hotel etiquette if worse than a chimpanzee.

*even if the hotel i question deserved it
:lol: Who doesn't hate Croats?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

best footy brain: RedRaider
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Timmay wrote:best footy brain: RedRaider
I'd prefer "best combination geometric physics and biomechanics relating to a preview of a footy game"
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Post of the year: Nick's in "It's just a game" thread. Extraordinarily well-balanced, put the whole thing in perspective by looking at both sides of the argument and not afraid to pack a punch either. Also a reminder of why I need to get a girlfriend :lol:
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

tragic wrote:I don't know about some of the clowns on this forum, but I just bloody enjoy watching the Raiders go around week to week during footy season and hopefully give the finals a rattle. I like the highs and lows, it's all great fun, and I'm damn passionate.

But more importantly, I LOVE that we don't do what the Bulldogs and other are doing/have done. I detest the idea of buying in a heap of players. If/when we do, then we just become like every other club. Stuff all development of our own talent, just poaching other players in the pursuit of success.... well for mine, that isn't success as a rugby league club.

Makes me sick that so many people deem the club as a 'disaster' or a 'failure' or that management are hopeless just because we haven't got a premiership since 1994.
Suck it up and go support some other club that has a bigger cheque book, or more creative accounting procedures.

Parra haven't won a premiership for a long time, nor have St George, North Qld has never won one, nearing a decade since Newcastle did it, Souths haven't looked likely in 20 years, Cronulla have never done it.... For God's sake people... lets get some friggin perspective and realise its a sport and its great fun to watch.

Try to focus more on the US versus THEM mentality.
:clap:

Post of the year.
#BoneMcCrone
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

Buc Nasty wrote:
tragic wrote:I don't know about some of the clowns on this forum, but I just bloody enjoy watching the Raiders go around week to week during footy season and hopefully give the finals a rattle. I like the highs and lows, it's all great fun, and I'm damn passionate.

But more importantly, I LOVE that we don't do what the Bulldogs and other are doing/have done. I detest the idea of buying in a heap of players. If/when we do, then we just become like every other club. Stuff all development of our own talent, just poaching other players in the pursuit of success.... well for mine, that isn't success as a rugby league club.

Makes me sick that so many people deem the club as a 'disaster' or a 'failure' or that management are hopeless just because we haven't got a premiership since 1994.
Suck it up and go support some other club that has a bigger cheque book, or more creative accounting procedures.

Parra haven't won a premiership for a long time, nor have St George, North Qld has never won one, nearing a decade since Newcastle did it, Souths haven't looked likely in 20 years, Cronulla have never done it.... For God's sake people... lets get some friggin perspective and realise its a sport and its great fun to watch.

Try to focus more on the US versus THEM mentality.
:clap:

Post of the year.
I suggest some people on here read that post 10 times over. Good stuff Tragic :clap:
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Funniest Forum Member= Rick James.

No contest.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Schifty wrote:Funniest Forum Member= Rick James.

No contest.
With or without the underscore?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Northern Raider wrote:
Schifty wrote:Funniest Forum Member= Rick James.

No contest.
With or without the underscore?
Which is which? :lol:

ftr I'm referring to the original one.
Uncensored
Simon Woolford

Post by Uncensored »

If he hasn't already been nominated, Shifty for mod of the year!
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Uncensored wrote:If he hasn't already been nominated, Shifty for mod of the year!
:o
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Schifty wrote:
Uncensored wrote:If he hasn't already been nominated, Shifty for mod of the year!
:o
The best Mod should be the one who gets in and manipulates all the votes so they win.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Greenbits wrote:
GRANTYRAIDER wrote:jesus these rabbit supporters do :nooo some booing
TLL OVER :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
boo that bunnies haha
They're not booing. Thats the sound you make as you breathe out when you're missing your two front teeth
My nomination for call of the year by Greenbits from the rabbits gameday thread....gold
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seems to be a demand for a worst thread nomination...

2009 Rd 13 V Bye: Teams and Previews

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14015
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

General reminder: If you are making a nomination... remember to put the thread or post link into your post. It will be impossible for the organisers to track down some of these nominations at the end of the year.

You can include a post link by right clicking the very small post image to the left of (for example):

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 pm

the time and date stamp on the post...

Then selecting "Copy shortcut".
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

greeneyed wrote:Seems to be a demand for a worst thread nomination...

I started that thread as a joke and a bit of fun. Never did i think it would qualify for this Boog.

If i do get nominated it will be twice in 3 years. I'll up to put it up there with the Word Appreciation Thread. Wow what memory did that thread hold
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

david231280 wrote:

I started that thread as a joke and a bit of fun. Never did i think it would qualify for this Boog.

If i do get nominated it will be twice in 3 years. I'll up to put it up there with the Word Appreciation Thread. Wow what memory did that thread hold
Add your "Most Boring Poster" award and your getting quite a Wall of Shame going. :lol:
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

Northern Raider wrote:
david231280 wrote:

http://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14015

Add your "Most Boring Poster" award and your getting quite a Wall of Shame going. :lol:
Would ya call it a Grand Slam of Boogs?
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

You know what's more annoying than making boring posts or the worst threads in the history of the internet? Celebrating the fact that you've done that.
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

Michael wrote:You know what's more annoying than making boring posts or the worst threads in the history of the internet? Celebrating the fact that you've done that.
I just try to have some fun on these forums. The Bye thread was just something that i thought was going to be taken as a bit of fun, i can't help what other posters post that make threads really bad.

As for boring post, i think half yours are pretty boring but such as life
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

david231280 wrote:
Michael wrote:You know what's more annoying than making boring posts or the worst threads in the history of the internet? Celebrating the fact that you've done that.
I just try to have some fun on these forums. The Bye thread was just something that i thought was going to be taken as a bit of fun, i can't help what other posters post that make threads really bad.

As for boring post, i think half yours are pretty boring but such as life
Dave, Dave, Dave!

Thats the fighting spirit! :cool:
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

*just checking to see if I've been nominated for anything :D
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Question wrote:Buc Nasty wrote:
I'd love to know what Campo has to do to NOT get points...

Seiffert82 wrote:

Do you have to comment on everybody's vote that doesn't agree with yours? It's not Buc's player of the year award.

And I wrote:
To the call of the year thread (Boogs) IMMEADIATELY!!!.
This place is woke.
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

Not including our Grand Final win or a semi final win but today's Melbourne win for Game of the Year
Grant
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Josh Miller

Post by Grant »

This for Post of the Year from Bradtheboywonder
Yeah Im over these type of threads. I know I'm going against my own rule of "If you don't like it, don't read it" but they are going too far and been going on for too long. I am down about how my team is playing, but I am more over people constantly bagging out everything about the team. Are you Raiders supporters or not? I support my team through thick and thin. In regards to your post

1) This "Communist" regime. I like that we don't throw bucketloads of money at 1 or 2 players and have the rest on nothing. Look at what happened when the Dogs did that with $BW. Why would we want players to get big heads and think they are better than the team because they earn more? If they want more money, talk to their manager about getting better 3rd party sponsors or something, isn't that what they're there for?

2) Mick Monas, Dobbo, Carney aren't coming. Build a bridge, join a netball team, do anything you need to so you can get over it. Management have decided that they are sticking to the Juniors and that's that. They may not be stars now, but how long did it take for Campo to get up? If people aren't complaining on here about giving our juniors a chance and signing "Quick Fix" players, they are complaining about our juniors not performing and we need a Quick Fix player to help the club move on... what do you want?

3) What would we do next once Purts, Turner and Kelly are sacked? The last thing this club needs is more experience going out the door. Yeah those 3 aren't stars, they are stable and that's what the club needs. If we go through another horrid injury toll, we need players who we can rely on to get the job done, may not be flashy, but it'd be better than being forced to blood juniors in a situation where we are down on players and telling them to sink or swim.
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

Question wrote:
Question wrote:Buc Nasty wrote:
I'd love to know what Campo has to do to NOT get points...

Seiffert82 wrote:

Do you have to comment on everybody's vote that doesn't agree with yours? It's not Buc's player of the year award.

And I wrote:
To the call of the year thread (Boogs) IMMEADIATELY!!!.
It is truly a badge of honor that such a harmless rejoinder gets nominated for a Golden Boog just because it is aimed at yours truly.
#BoneMcCrone
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I have to nominate GE's sig for a Boogs. That video of Gus pinching Lozza's seat is priceless. :lol:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Can I bribe a nomination this year?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Hey dubster get out of my thread you cat
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Thread of the year:
"How dave got his job"

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=14454
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

dubby wrote:Can I bribe a nomination this year?
I think you already know the answer to that. :)