Player of the Year 3-2-1 Votes

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Player of the Year 3-2-1 Votes

Post by greeneyed »

Just so you know, I will be opening up the usual weekly threads for 3-2-1 votes for Player of the Year over here once the season commences.

Don't miss out on putting your view!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is this board the Official Supporter Board now or is there two?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There is no official supporter forum. The Raiders have no forum and do not recognise any other forum.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I mean as in the SGB player of the year votes etc
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

The official SGB Player of the Year will be held on LU, organised by thickos. I'm guessing it will be recognized in some capacity by the Raiders again like last year.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Does that mean votes on this forum will not be counted
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

As I understand it, yes.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

not fair prickly pear !!
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

Bay56 wrote:not fair prickly pear !!
UNREAL BANANA PEAL !! :?
tonio
David Furner

Post by tonio »

Everyone is here. This is where the votes should be counted from. What's the point of just going to one forum just to put in a vote?

You'll Never Walk Alone!
RAIDERS MEMEBER #1919 - Bay 53 - Row S - Seat 18
Former Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder 2004 :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I will let Thickos explain.......... From my own perspective, I will only say that the 3-2-1 votes belong to the fans...... and they started at rleague and do not belong to any particular forum.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I opened the threads in general... and collated and counted them at rleague........... I certainly intend to open the threads for the votes here in Season 2005.
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

Yeah should be done here, Cant see why it shouldnt be. Came from rleague, to LU and now it can be done here.

I remember making ultima snap at rleague... poor bloke. Hope he wants to be my friend still
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

IBG wrote:As I understand it, yes.
Not true. The votes here will be counted.

I had a long chat regarding this with greeneyed the other night and I think we got to a point where we had reached a compromise.

Firstly, it is not the SGB Player of the Year. It is entitled the 'Fans Choice: Canberra Raiders Player of the Year' as is what is written into the trophy. The only reason the 'SGB' moniker was attached to it was because SGB Online is the website that will continue to host it.

Here is where it gets complicated. SGB Online is moving to LU this year. As you know I am caught somewhere in the middle as I am a mod here and am a mod there - and I can't allow references to this site over there. I'm sorry about that but those are the specific rules over there.

I do agree however that this competition belongs to no particular site. As my role of mod of the LU Raiders forum I will continue to make 'voting threads' each week over there. As the majority of you still post there I would urge you to post it over there for the sake of simplicity. However I understand that some of you cannot post there for various reasons such as bans, so I will happily include votes that are posted here. NO REPEAT VOTING!

I will post the outcome of voting both at LU and here. However at all times this site will not be mentioned if the award attracts any press like it did in 2004. This is the price this site has paid for rubbishing LU as it has.

We still have our great trophy and the Raiders are keen for it to continue so it will go ahead, regardless of whether the votes are split across two sites.

To repeat: votes here will be counted, but if you can vote at LU, do so.

I think this is as compromising as I can be. I'll probably cop some stick over it but I am willing to wear that as I think the guys who cant vote at LU should be allowed to have their say.

cheers
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Raiders 2005 wrote:Everyone is here.
Not everyone is here.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

And to exclude the people that post at LU would be just as poor form as if everyone who posts here is excluded. It wont happen and everything will be tallied.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there no award in 2003, it was thickos and a few others that set the 2004 award up at LU?

It was only named the "Fan's Choice" at the end of the season, and the voting was open to all Raiders fans that were registered at LU. If people choose to leave the site for their own personal reasons, then they should not be allowed to walk away with the organising of the award.

To the best of my understanding, only Bay56 and Raiders 2005 are currently banned, so for everyone else there's no reason that the votes can't be posted at LU. Bay 56 and Raiders 2005 could perhaps submit their tips each week to thickos via email.

Last year, part of the fun each week was to see who had been voting for which players, that is going to be nigh on impossible to do for people that choose to stay at LU, and likewise for people that post here exclusively. Last season, no votes were counted from anyone that posted on the debate page, why should this be any different.

To me, this whole "multiple forums" experience smacks of Superleague. Let's just hope that this isn't as divisive to the fans as those horrible years. Over 7 years later, the wounds still haven't healed.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

:lol:
kevin - superleague!?!
thats a bit over board lol

but anyways people who vote here or at LU, it doesnt matter, both will be counted :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kevin: Actually the whole concept emerged on the rleague Grandstand forums in 2003. I collated all the votes and kept running tallies at rleague. The only reason no final tally was made was that rleague was "suspended" for a lengthy period for legal reasons and all threads, where the records were kept, were lost, just before the end of the season.

I continued the practice of continuing the 3-2-1 votes at LU at that point.

It was for the reason that the 2003 records were lost that thickos began the process of collating in 2004 on the SGB site. Through 2004, it was usually IBG or I who kicked off the voting.

So you see there is no "ownership" of this concept by LU or the SGB, or indeed this site... it belongs to any fan who participates.... although thickos and members of the SGB put in an enormous effort to organise the presentation of the trophy last year and deserve much congratulation for doing that.

As you see, to draw some analogy with Superleague is simply wrong.

I believe that voting threads should be opened here as some members may well prefer to vote and discuss the game performances here..... and some cannot vote at other places. In addition, in my view, any site where voting takes place SHOULD be mentioned in any eventual media coverage.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

greeneyed wrote: It was for the reason that the 2003 records were lost that thickos began the process of collating in 2004 on the SGB site. Through 2004, it was usually IBG or I who kicked off the voting.
Yourself and IBG did a great job in 04. I've spoken to IBG and it will probably be due to apathy rather than anything else that he will mainly he posting on LU. So I guess he could be the man who starts the threads over there and you over here. I'm not fussed either way, I think even I started a voting thread last season :o I'm sure however due to the popularity of the competition that someone will keep it going on both forums.
So you see there is no "ownership" of this concept by LU or the SGB, or indeed this site... it belongs to any fan who participates....
agreed. And with a spread fan-base now (30 odd people here, plenty of others still at LU (all the Army guys, hrundi, IBG, myself, jed, plus many more)) the votes will carry on on both forums and the votes combined as one.

I believe that voting threads should be opened here as some members may well prefer to vote and discuss the game performances here..... and some cannot vote at other places.
that's perfectly fine and reasonable :-)
In addition, in my view, any site where voting takes place SHOULD be mentioned in any eventual media coverage.

Well if I email Kev at the Raiders I will mention it. But if LU issue a press release I can guarantee they will not mention it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:thumbsup Thanks for clearing this up guys
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

well im glad that is sorted out :lol:
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I'll vote over at LU just for you thickos ;)
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

i'm voting here, no doubt.
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

I'll be voting here (aint got no option really :lol: )
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Ill vote here
but if crossy plays ill vote at LU and try and sneak some past thickos :lol:
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

taprod wrote:I'll vote over at LU just for you thickos ;)
aww shucks azz, it's brought a tear to the eye :D
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

I may aswell vote here, just to keep you busu Stu ;)