Damon Alley Tovio

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Damon Alley Tovio

Post by greeneyed »

Interesting to see this new signing is out until JULY 2005 with a shoulder reconstruction......

He is even described in his profile on www.raiders.com.au as "A gifted athlete who is trying to shake off a string of shoulder injuries and make his impact on the NRL".

What gives? Did we realise he would be out for most of a season when signed?
paulquinn49
Brett Mullins

Post by paulquinn49 »

He is an alright player and he would have been cheap as chips. Nothing more than 20k and match payments as he is injury prone and hasnt really proved himself.

Would be under the PL salary cap anyway.

2006: Celebrating 25 years since Bay56 jumped ship from South Sydney to Canberra Raiders

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

:hmmm
thats disappointing, i was hoping he would push for a spot quickly. Ohh well as quinny said, he would be on slim pickings, looks like he should focus on making his mark in 06
Chief Chujo
David Grant

Post by Chief Chujo »

Wasn't Tovio a Bra Boy?
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Yes from all reports he was a bra boy and left sydney because of it, so he can focus on his footy and straighten out.

Thus far by reports on raiders.com.au he has been very involved in off feild promotions so that can only be a good sign IMO
Chief Chujo
David Grant

Post by Chief Chujo »

That's an excellent attitude he has. If he keeps it up he could be an invaluable off field asset for us.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

this is what i wrote on LU:

i was surprised to see that Robertson, along with Alley-Tovio, is our shortest outside back at 180cm. on Alley-Tovio, i was very impressed with his bio:
Game Time:
*'s junior side, Kensington, won consecutive premierships from U6-U16. He was with the Coogee Wombats in 2002 when friends at Souths asked him to play a Jersey Flegg game because they were short. Playing on the wing, he scored six tries in that match and was immediately signed by the Rabbitohs. Made his first grade debut in 2003 and played three games before dislocating his knee-cap. He played one NRL game for Souths in 2004 and is new to the Raiders squad in 2005.

Fulltime Fun:
Damon is a qualified arborist, having done a TAFE course in tree surgery … the most famous person *'s met is Russell Crowe, a big Rabbitohs fan … Maroubra beach is his favourite place in the world … his father Serafi coached Raiders lock Tyran Smith at Kensington … he started playing league when he was three, spending three years playing Under 6s … he moved to New Zealand for two years and played representative rugby union with Bay of Plenty.
he's a real South Sydney kid, playing for the Wombats and his favourite spot being Maroubra beach. he'll be one of my favourites from now on.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Anyone seen him play? He is a Monas style winger isnt he?