Bailey Simonsson linked to Parramatta Eels

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Bailey Simonsson linked to Parramatta Eels

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: November 2, 2021, 11:27 am In my view the backline should look like this:

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Xavier Savage
3. Harley Smith-Shields
4. Matt Timoko
5. Jordan Rapana

If Jarrod Coker’s knee procedure works, that’d be the only thing I can see that might change that view.

Savage is a brilliant prospect, but young and still developing physically. Switching him around within games between wing and fullback is a level of complexity that is well beyond the current team’s make up and development. In fact, it’s not something even the top teams would try. Hiding a poor defensive half on the wing is about the most complex thing I’d want to see. Or maybe let Savage roam a bit in attack.
Agree about not over complicating the role with mid game positional switches. I also agree with Bot that Savage has shown enough in his super brief stint to have a chance to make the 1 jumper his own.

I’d like to see:

1 Savage
2 HSS
3 CNK
4 Timoko
5 Raps

But I don’t see that happening.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

greeneyed wrote: November 1, 2021, 2:33 pm He’s looked average at best in the No. 1 for mine. If we’re experimenting and CNK isn’t playing there, I’d go with Savage.
I heartily agree with this comment.

But I would go further.

We should be looking to put savage in the number 1.... if it fails we fall back to CNK.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

greeneyed wrote: November 1, 2021, 2:33 pm He’s looked average at best in the No. 1 for mine. If we’re experimenting and CNK isn’t playing there, I’d go with Savage.
I heartily agree with this comment.

But I would go further.

We should be looking to put savage in the number 1.... if it fails we fall back to CNK.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

WHen you go to write something and realise that no one cares, and neither do you.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Easiest player to part with IMO…
Bog average and not in my starting side or bench for 2022..
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Bailey's best game this year was vs the Broncos. He couldn't back that performance up. I know he scored a hat-trick vs the Storm, but that was all Wighton, he pretty much just had to fall over the line.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I think a ton of players across the NRL would claim their best game of the year was against the Broncos.

IMO Simo has looked his best and most consistent outside a fit and firing Jarrod Croker. We haven't seen that for a couple of years now.

Solid and reliable winger at best. When you're 4 points down with 2 minutes on the clock, nobody is looking for Simonsson to do anything to get you over the line, although he is generally a solid performer if you're 4 points up and the opposition has the ball.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk