Nib sucks as a health fund, so they need all the help they can get

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sterlk
David Furner

Re: 2022 merchandise range

Post by Sterlk »

hrundi89 wrote: November 2, 2021, 11:35 am
The red on green blurs and gets lost.

The less said about the one on the right the better.
Only if you're colourblind, which to be fair a lot of guys are.

That's probably why they haven't done it that way; if you put red on green a bunch of people will go close to mistaking it for a plain green jersey. Need the white background so those people can see who the sponsor is.

It's just the pitfalls of having a red logo, and sponsoring a team who has a green jersey. I'm sure we could have insisted on a more 'integrated' logo, though in such a case the sponsorship probably would have been worth less.
Badger17
Ken Nagas

Post by Badger17 »

greeneyed wrote: November 7, 2021, 9:09 am Yet the Cowboys probably have the best outcome in terms of the design. Ironically, with another subsidiary company of the Toyota Group.
The Cowboy's have significantly different market circumstances than the Raiders do, Toyota has a much longer relationship with the Cowboys than the Raiders do, their logos on the Cowboys jerseys do have boxes around them so they are clear, and the Cowboys aren't asking Toyota to totally redesign their logo to make it fit better like you would be. The white and grey/silver Toyota logos are pre-existing assets as well.

Not to mention the fact that to get what you want the Raiders would be shaving a significant amount of money off the deal, and Toyota may not be interested in the deal at all under those terms. I worked for a business that ran sponsored events, and most companies have strict rules about how their brand can be displayed.

BTW, I also think it's a stretch to suggest that the Cowboys have the best sponsorship integration when it interrupts the design.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Yet as discussed earlier in the thread, Toyota Materials Handling itself uses different logos depending on the circumstances. For example it uses white logo lettering on its own product. It has used black. Guess we will see how he other clubs go when releasing their 2022 jerseys. Lots yet to come.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Toyota Australia's current branding is black and white.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Badger17
Ken Nagas

Post by Badger17 »

greeneyed wrote: November 8, 2021, 5:49 am Yet as discussed earlier in the thread, Toyota Materials Handling itself uses different logos depending on the circumstances. For example it uses white logo lettering on its own product. It has used black. Guess we will see how he other clubs go when releasing their 2022 jerseys. Lots yet to come.
Whoever said that is just wrong.

All Toyota material handling/forklifts Australian logos and marketing material is red and/or white or black on occasion for practicality reasons.

If you look at some of their international assets they have white on an orange background to reflect how the logo looks on the product, but I would have thought you would think an orange box in the middle of the jersey would be a worse outcome than the current white box. BTW, they seem to be in the process of transitioning to their white and orange branding in Australia as well.

Look, I mean it sincerely when I say that I don't mean to be rude, but you've got absolutely no idea just how hard it is for your average product to get blue chip sponsors to agree to the sort of changes you are suggesting. The vast majority of companies whole goal when sponsoring a team, event, movie, whatever, is to make their product standout as much as possible, and that makes getting blue chip sponsors to agree to 'integrate' their logo/product extremely difficult and costly unless you've got a lot of leverage, which the Raiders simply don't.

You can whinge about it and present all the whataboutery you like, but it isn't as simple as just getting them to use one of their other logos, or to change their current one to better fit your brand, and 90% of the time they won't even humour the idea and will simply pull out of the deal and sponsor somebody else that is willing to present their brand how they want.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You have said it is wrong, but then just explained how it isn't wrong. Perhaps you might want to consider that other posters have experience in commercial dealings and negotiations, before you make any assumptions. There are two parties, my suggestion is to both, that they could have got a better outcome. For a start, what's on the training shirts is better than what is on the jerseys. Other NRL clubs have managed it. In any case, I suspect we won't agree on this... looking forward to your views on the footy next!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Badger17 wrote: November 10, 2021, 2:51 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 8, 2021, 5:49 am Yet as discussed earlier in the thread, Toyota Materials Handling itself uses different logos depending on the circumstances. For example it uses white logo lettering on its own product. It has used black. Guess we will see how he other clubs go when releasing their 2022 jerseys. Lots yet to come.
Whoever said that is just wrong.

All Toyota material handling/forklifts Australian logos and marketing material is red and/or white or black on occasion for practicality reasons.

If you look at some of their international assets they have white on an orange background to reflect how the logo looks on the product, but I would have thought you would think an orange box in the middle of the jersey would be a worse outcome than the current white box. BTW, they seem to be in the process of transitioning to their white and orange branding in Australia as well.

Look, I mean it sincerely when I say that I don't mean to be rude, but you've got absolutely no idea just how hard it is for your average product to get blue chip sponsors to agree to the sort of changes you are suggesting. The vast majority of companies whole goal when sponsoring a team, event, movie, whatever, is to make their product standout as much as possible, and that makes getting blue chip sponsors to agree to 'integrate' their logo/product extremely difficult and costly unless you've got a lot of leverage, which the Raiders simply don't.

You can whinge about it and present all the whataboutery you like, but it isn't as simple as just getting them to use one of their other logos, or to change their current one to better fit your brand, and 90% of the time they won't even humour the idea and will simply pull out of the deal and sponsor somebody else that is willing to present their brand how they want.
Finally someone talking sense here! Welcome Badger!
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders and ISC Sport extend partnership until 2024: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/11 ... ntil-2024/
greeneyed
Don Furner

2022 merchandise range

Post by greeneyed »

These are great!
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by Robert the Bruce »

greeneyed wrote: November 26, 2021, 3:08 pm

Raiders and ISC Sport extend partnership until 2024: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/11 ... ntil-2024/
21 years of bad jerseys and sub-par merchandise. Congratulations Raiders.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Hey who doesn’t want to display a Viking on their crotch? I’ll buy 2 thanks!
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Billy Walker wrote: November 26, 2021, 11:07 pm Hey who doesn’t want to display a Viking on their crotch? I’ll buy 2 thanks!
I think you would be wearing them the wrong way around if that was the case!!

The Raiders inspired wedgy might be an issue too, although g-string bottoms are all the rage for the girls so in this age of equality why not?
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Terrible decision.
Sthsea22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Sthsea22 »

Palmerbet on board for 2022 and beyond:

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/11 ... nd-beyond/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

good to have Clive onboard and pave the way for Izzy Folau

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson

Raiders_Pat wrote:

Terrible decision.
When literally 10-15 clubs (including AFL) ended their contracts with ISC over the past couple of years I was pretty excited for change. Of course! The Raiders are the only club to stay with them.

I feel like knowing the Raiders if we did change it would be to an equally underwhelming brand like O’Neils or Dynasty. But one could hope it would be to Castore, Puma, ASICS or Canterbury. Those brands make quality and smart merch that doesn’t end up on the racks at Vinnie’s.

Imagine last year if the heritage jersey was made by Canterbury? It would have sold even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

I'll be trying to get a Raiders jersey before that PalmerBet logo becomes what's left of the available stock.

Very disappointed the Raiders would sign a multi-year deal with them or any gambling organisation. On the plus side, at least it's on the back. If the Raiders win the GF during this period and people were to have the jersey framed, it won't be seen.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

yurithe1 wrote: November 30, 2021, 5:45 pm I'll be trying to get a Raiders jersey before that PalmerBet logo becomes what's left of the available stock.

Very disappointed the Raiders would sign a multi-year deal with them or any gambling organisation. On the plus side, at least it's on the back. If the Raiders win the GF during this period and people were to have the jersey framed, it won't be seen.
If the betting companies are going to make money out of the NRL's "IP" then they're entitled to their chunk of it.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner echoed the Palmerbet CEO's enthusiasm about the partnership.

“Like the Raiders, Palmerbet has enjoyed a proud successful family history that has been built on providing value and entertainment options to their customers."

Imagine talking this way about a scummy gambling company
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The club would be crazy to turn away sponsorship money like that.

What actually needs to happen is the Government needs to get off their asses and ban gambling advertising and sponsorship.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Makaveli wrote: December 2, 2021, 8:47 am Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner echoed the Palmerbet CEO's enthusiasm about the partnership.

“Like the Raiders, Palmerbet has enjoyed a proud successful family history that has been built on providing value and entertainment options to their customers."

What industry do you think has funded the Raiders throughout our history?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The club would literally not exist if it weren't for pokies

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson

How does the AFL get away with having minimal sponsorship on their jerseys? IS the AFL and their clubs that much more financially stable that they can turn down money for real estate on their jerseys? A billion sponsors on jerseys is an awful look.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If you look at the jerseys released so far, some have done a superb job in integrating sponsor logos into the jerseys, notably the Sea Eagles: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34916 I’ve mentioned others before.

The Sea Eagles (and some admittedly other bigger clubs) have done everything we were told couldn’t be done.

The Raiders jersey is unfortunately one of the least attractive.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Titans and Knights are equally as bad when it comes to integrating sponsors on the jerseys.

Dogs and Sea eagles have got it right
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Makaveli wrote: December 2, 2021, 8:47 am Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner echoed the Palmerbet CEO's enthusiasm about the partnership.

I'm more worried that this statement reinforces that the Raiders hierarchy still see themselves as a family business. I thought we'd started to turn the corner towards being more worried about being a high performing organisation.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: December 3, 2021, 5:22 am

I'm more worried that this statement reinforces that the Raiders hierarchy still see themselves as a family business. I thought we'd started to turn the corner towards being more worried about being a high performing organisation.
It's ok to promote a corporate business as being a "family" as it's seen as a positive to most people as reflection of being personable etc. rather than a blank business edifice.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.