All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders won't terminate contracts of unvaccinated players

Post by Northern Raider »

CrabLord wrote: November 18, 2021, 10:07 am
Seiffert82 wrote: November 16, 2021, 5:13 pm Why do NRL players need to be vaccinated now? IMO it seems a bit out of line with the rest of the world. It's not like these guys aren't being exposed to other unvaccinated members of society.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
??????

Out of line with the rest of the world?
Have you not been watching US sport headlines the last while? Two of the biggest names in sports Kyrie Irving and Aaron Rodgers (Last years NFL MVP) copping a heap of criticism, being labelled both selfish and idiots for their vaccination stances.
Aaron Rodgers is copping grief for implying that he was vaccinated when he wasn't. Since had to sit out a game after he contracted COVID. He's still allowed to play and suited up on the weekend.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Anti-vax player number down as league prepares salary cap clause for clubs

The number of unvaccinated players could drop below 10 as early as next week as the NRL edges towards signing-off on salary cap dispensation for clubs with anti-vaxxers. The decline in players without their first jab has dropped in one week from 15 to 12 with the Sharks, Sea Eagles and Roosters poised to record 100 per cent vaccinated squads.

The Raiders are also confident that at least two of their four unvaccinated players will receive their first jab before Christmas.

Read more: https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... 7301d9b6fa
CrabLord
Noa Nadruku

Post by CrabLord »

Northern Raider wrote: November 18, 2021, 11:34 am
Seiffert82 wrote: November 16, 2021, 5:13 pm Why do NRL players need to be vaccinated now? IMO it seems a bit out of line with the rest of the world. It's not like these guys aren't being exposed to other unvaccinated members of society.

??????

Have you not been watching US sport headlines the last while? Two of the biggest names in sports Kyrie Irving and Aaron Rodgers (Last years NFL MVP) copping a heap of criticism, being labelled both selfish and idiots for their vaccination stances.
Aaron Rodgers is copping grief for implying that he was vaccinated when he wasn't. Since had to sit out a game after he contracted COVID. He's still allowed to play and suited up on the weekend.
The stance taken by the NFL this season has been that if you cannot field a team for a game due to a COVID outbreak due to unvaccinated players, you will forfeit the game. You will also owe the opposing team for ticket revenue if you had an away game.

Rodgers has been rightly criticized for his selfish presentation (lies) of his status. His actions directly threatened his team with huge ramifications. To downplay the entire scenario is silly to do.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

CrabLord wrote: November 21, 2021, 10:52 pm
Northern Raider wrote: November 18, 2021, 11:34 am

??????

The stance taken by the NFL this season has been that if you cannot field a team for a game due to a COVID outbreak due to unvaccinated players, you will forfeit the game. You will also owe the opposing team for ticket revenue if you had an away game.

Rodgers has been rightly criticized for his selfish presentation (lies) of his status. His actions directly threatened his team with huge ramifications. To downplay the entire scenario is silly to do.
Rodgers only ever said he was "immunising" himself, he weaselled out of admitting to "vaccination". He took advice from rich podcast heroes instead. He then caught Covid, and didn't get particularly sick but was stood down from some games. He has since recovered and unfortunately has now been cleared to play against the Vikings at 5am our time tomorrow... er, today.

Funny how you can be a genius and an idiot at the same time. I suppose some of his teammates and fellow cheesehead employees are wondering if he was contagious or not. Sure, he's fine now...
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

The four Raiders who won't covid vax

Post by dubby »

Josh Papalii
Joe Tapine
CNK
CHW

That's a fair chunk of salary cap.

And if they don't vaccinate where does that leave us? Many here have strong opinions about the COVID19 Vaccination, so I'm curious what your thoughts are.

Further, after an abysmal 2021 with G Williams gone, Hodgson outspoken and the early season jitters...does the stance of the aforementioned jeopardise the entire club?

Do we look unified?

Controversial subject, yes. But at this stage I see the irony on all sorts of levels.

AUDIO: Phil Rothfield reveals who the Covid vaccination hold-outs are at the Canberra Raiders: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... fe5227535a
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Off
Laurie Daley

Re: The four Raiders who won't covid vax

Post by Off »

Do you think that Lance, Belcher, Lazzo and Brent Todd would be so petulant.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Heartwarming instagram post from papa today.
Dont delete this GE
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: The four Raiders who won't covid vax

Post by bonehead »

up to them, see where we're at come February

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Good on the boys for sticking solid
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Raiders666 wrote:Good on the boys for sticking solid
How is 4 out of 30 sticking solid?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raiders666 wrote: November 23, 2021, 7:57 pm Good on the boys for sticking solid
Yes, big **** shouts to idiots who were **** by a fairy at birth that allows their physical talents to allow them to earn a massvie wage despite having absolutely zero **** brain cells

Good for them sticking solid to their own selfish positions to the determinent of the community and their team mates.
Should we throw a **** parade for these bloody legends down northborne? Errect statues to commemorate their heroic dedication to science?
Perhaps instead we can just send them to Africa to view first hand the pain and suffering that their "god" signs off on because they dont have access to vaccines.

Big laughs, good bonding. Great times. Im sure.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

My personal view is the unvaxxed should be cut from the squad, no jab no play.
You cant be missing 6+ games a season

I hope papa is enjoying the extra time off while the others sweat it out. He does realise once he comes back down he won't be allowed across the border again? So no seeing family

I think someone needs to sit down with these boys and tell them a few home truths.
Get them to speak with someone who has had covid, someone who has lost someone to covid, someone who has had mental health problems because of lockdown, someone who has lost their job and had to go onto welfare, talk to someone who has lost someone because there were no icu beds/operations delayed because non- vaxxed covid patients were taking the beds

Make the picture real to them, so far these boys have been living in luxury on the gold coast, being paid big bucks and obviously not had family struggling or sick

I would be curious to know how many anti vaxxers have seen any of the reality of covid.

I honestly believe all 4 players and 1 ex player on staff would change their views pretty quickly if they had been touched by or made to feel what its like to be touched by covid
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Raiders666 wrote: November 23, 2021, 7:57 pm Good on the boys for sticking solid
See how solid they are if the money goes, they cant see their kids in NZ, cant see family in QLD

There is nothing solid about this, they are proving they are simple minded and have no understanding of the big picture or how covid has affected millions of people, and not just those who have become unwell or died
Vaccinated
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah, when you consider the Warriors have spent the last 2 years away from home to keep the game going, not getting the shot when you’re able to is a bit of a **** move.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Hold the line boys
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 24, 2021, 5:38 am Yeah, when you consider the Warriors have spent the last 2 years away from home to keep the game going, not getting the shot when you’re able to is a bit of a **** move.
GE thinks the Warriors should be thankful for spending 2+ years away from home :roflmao

Disappointed in CNK. Thought he had a great head on his shoulders. The other three were expected.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: November 24, 2021, 7:11 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 24, 2021, 5:38 am Yeah, when you consider the Warriors have spent the last 2 years away from home to keep the game going, not getting the shot when you’re able to is a bit of a **** move.
GE thinks the Warriors should be thankful for spending 2+ years away from home :roflmao

Disappointed in CNK. Thought he had a great head on his shoulders. The other three were expected.
No one has had harder in the NRL during COVID than the Canberra Raiders who were forced to sit on a bus for 3 hours for some home games.
Unprecedented levels of adversity :lol:
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Give these clowns an ultimatum or get rid of them!
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

I really cant believe how aggressive so many pro vaxers are.

At the end of the days its their body their choice, if they dont want to get the jab, then let them live with the consequences and move on.

You cant force them to do anything and the more you try the less likely they will.
So instead of being aggressive and attacking. Focus on your own garden.

Theres no point getting worked up over something you cant control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Elcaptcroker wrote: November 24, 2021, 7:30 am I really cant believe how aggressive so many pro vaxers are.

At the end of the days its their body their choice, if they dont want to get the jab, then let them live with the consequences and move on.

You cant force them to do anything and the more you try the less likely they will.
So instead of being aggressive and attacking. Focus on your own garden.

Theres no point getting worked up over something you cant control.

:clap: it's quite pathetic really
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

How dare someone not trust some of the biggest criminals in US history lolz
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I don't see anyone saying they should be forced to take the vaccine. The options are whether they miss ~6 games or we rule them out indefinitely to avoid disruption. It's their right to not vaccinate as it is a player's right in Queensland (at this stage) to go about their career without mixing with high risk opponents.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:I don't see anyone saying they should be forced to take the vaccine. The options are whether they miss ~6 games or we rule them out indefinitely to avoid disruption. It's their right to not vaccinate as it is a player's right in Queensland (at this stage) to go about their career without mixing with high risk opponents.
People are also getting too worked up over something they cant control and being aggressive and attacking.

cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Elcaptcroker wrote: November 24, 2021, 8:21 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote:I don't see anyone saying they should be forced to take the vaccine. The options are whether they miss ~6 games or we rule them out indefinitely to avoid disruption. It's their right to not vaccinate as it is a player's right in Queensland (at this stage) to go about their career without mixing with high risk opponents.
People are also getting too worked up over something they cant control and being aggressive and attacking.

I agree with Roger, no one is saying they should be tired to a pole and jabbed( twice)

What we are saying is don't get jabbed thats fine, but deal with the consequences which are
- you cant work ( plenty of examples outside the nrl there)
- live with lock outs ( like nt - the unvaxxed get locked out of everything)
- don't see family again
Etc

You do realise if we all said no to the vax we would all be lockdown still?
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

The only ones getting aggressive are the anti vax on here.....
Vaccinated
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

cat wrote: November 24, 2021, 8:35 am

Who is anti Vax? The funny thing is the players have probably done more for the community then you could ever dream of.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

cat wrote: November 24, 2021, 8:34 am

I agree with Roger, no one is saying they should be tired to a pole and jabbed( twice)

What we are saying is don't get jabbed thats fine, but deal with the consequences which are
- don't see family again
Etc

You do realise there is no vaccine mandate to play Rugby League yeah
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

cat wrote: November 24, 2021, 8:34 am

- don't see family again
Etc

that's called coercion and it's no better than forcing people.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Brent Ford on twitter has said Hadley reported that Josh Papalii will get vaccinated

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

cat wrote: November 24, 2021, 8:35 am

zero self awareness... just go back and read all your comments in this thread. They are beyond unreasonable for the most part.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

cat wrote:

Who is anti-vax on here cat? All i see is Theres quiet a few posts on here from people attacking these guys because their not getting vaxed

Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Canberra Raiders won't terminate contracts of unvaccinated players

Post by Elcaptcroker »

cat wrote:

- don't see family again
Etc

You didnt read my inital post did you cat? About let them make their choice and let them live with it?

And not dispusting this whole "you do realise if we all said no to the vac we would still be in lockdown" crap Image
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: November 24, 2021, 7:11 am

Is it confirmed CNK and CHN are the other two? I haven't seen any official sources naming them, only speculation in this thread. I don't think it's fair to critisize them if we don't even know for sure. Was it reported somewhere I missed?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Very happy to hear Papa has decided to do the right thing. I know he had previously come out and said he had a bad reaction to a vaccine previously, so hopefully it goes well for him (I'm sure it will).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Huge boost for Raiders as enforcer Josh Papalii considers vaccination U-turn

Josh Papalii has informed Canberra Raiders officials he will be vaccinated in time for next year's NRL season. That is expected to leave Canberra with just two unvaccinated players heading into next season. Unvaccinated players must also arrive and depart training wearing a mask, as Joe Tapine did on day one of preseason last Friday. Papalii is in Queensland, and expected to return to Raiders training on Monday.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239