Don Furner raising money for Menslink

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Don Furner raising money for Menslink

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders CEO Don Furner to walk 145km Canberra Centenary Trail to raise money for Menslink

The Menslink Great Walk will see around 30 Canberra identities traverse the 145km Canberra Centenary Trail across five days from 2 November, 2021. Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner is one of the city’s movers and shakers taking on the challenge.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/raiders-ceo-don ... ink/504011

Support Don’s fundraising: https://menslink-great-walk-2021.raisel ... er-raiders
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Don Furner raising money for Menslink

Post by Billy Walker »

Good on you Don. Hope you get a bit more haste about it than you do for your player signings. We might have a thread on here that says “Don Furner close to walking 145km” for the next 6 years!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:Good on you Don. Hope you get a bit more haste about it than you do for your player signings. We might have a thread on here that says “Don Furner close to walking 145km” for the next 6 years!
Christ you're a punish

What the hell has that got to do with him raising money for charity

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

When I saw this thread last night I meant to say save yourself some time GE and lock it before anyone can respond :lol:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: October 24, 2021, 9:16 am
Billy Walker wrote:Good on you Don. Hope you get a bit more haste about it than you do for your player signings. We might have a thread on here that says “Don Furner close to walking 145km” for the next 6 years!
Christ you're a punish

What the hell has that got to do with him raising money for charity

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I think it’s great he is doing the walk for charity and I’ve even made a donation to MensLink. The second part of my post was a comment on how long we seem to have stories floating around about “Raiders interested in X”, “Raiders nudging closer to Y”, “Raiders getting very very warm on Z”.

I’m fairly sure Donny wouldn’t be offended and suspect most would see the humour except… well maybe a true punish :hi
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Well done on this initiative and your participation in it DFJ. Around 30km per day for 5 days consecutively is a big commitment in both time and effort. It is a very worthwhile cause though and great to see some positives being reported about the Raiders club after some poor off season player behavior.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Raiders support Menslink Great Walk: Raiders CEO Don Furner is taking part in the five day 150km great walk to support Menslink. Today he was joined by Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/11 ... reat-walk/