Re: Josh Hodgson looks to be staying put

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: November 30, 2021, 10:02 pm Yeah Botman's a real ****
couldnt agree more.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gergreg wrote:There's absolutely nothing wrong with differing opinions, expressing it and debating it. But there comes a point where criticism of the club, coach or certain players gets pretty **** boring. Honestly, what does typing up 'Ricky Stuart / Croker / Hodgson is crap' on a daily basis add to the forum?

We all get it. We had a bad year where Croker and Hodgson were very ordinary and Ricky got a lot wrong but there is some very short memories ... in forums in general.

If you look at rugby league in the NRL era, as a small sample size, the best player in the game is different almost every season. There is this unrealistic expectation that players are robots and should be playing a 10/10 game every week, every season of their careers. It just doesn't happen.
Hear, hear gerg.

It’s not that people object to dissenting opinions, it’s people object to hearing them endlessly with nothing of value added.

Rodman on McCrone was a prime example. Alphabet has a half dozen. Rickmando has a few.

We get it. Talk about something different for a bit.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

gangrenous wrote: December 1, 2021, 5:57 am
gergreg wrote:There's absolutely nothing wrong with differing opinions, expressing it and debating it. But there comes a point where criticism of the club, coach or certain players gets pretty **** boring. Honestly, what does typing up 'Ricky Stuart / Croker / Hodgson is crap' on a daily basis add to the forum?

We all get it. We had a bad year where Croker and Hodgson were very ordinary and Ricky got a lot wrong but there is some very short memories ... in forums in general.

If you look at rugby league in the NRL era, as a small sample size, the best player in the game is different almost every season. There is this unrealistic expectation that players are robots and should be playing a 10/10 game every week, every season of their careers. It just doesn't happen.
Hear, hear gerg.

It’s not that people object to dissenting opinions, it’s people object to hearing them endlessly with nothing of value added.

Rodman on McCrone was a prime example. Alphabet has a half dozen. Rickmando has a few.

Yeah it's like we get it...You don't have to keep banging on about it at every opportunity. Such a punish
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

gangrenous wrote: December 1, 2021, 5:57 am

Hear, hear gerg.

The irony being that you do the exact same thing you accuse others of doing.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I suspect to some extent I am a hypocrite. Most people are. But I’m confident in saying I don’t death ride an idea across threads to the extent of the examples I gave.

Curious to see what you’d consider mine to be?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Nothing wrong with criticism...It's Rickmando and his relentless bagging that is hard to take
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Raiders666 wrote: December 1, 2021, 12:19 pm Nothing wrong with criticism...It's Rickmando and his relentless bagging that is hard to take
I’ve always appreciated the reality that Rickmando brings to the debate. There isn’t anyone on here that I 100% agree with on every topic, but I find Rickmando’s commentary and views more interesting and thought provoking than the constant cry of “yay raiders”
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

What constant cry of "Yay Raiders"? Honestly who and where are they? I've been on this and other sites like it for 20 **** years now and boards like these simply arent populated by "yay raiders" people... it's by and large populated by the clubs most rabid, irrational and passionate fans, most of which want a place to ride the highs and vent in the lows with others who share their passion.

There are FAR, FAR more posters who are overwhelmingly negative and would snarkily ask "what took them so long?" if the club cured cancer than there are people who believe the club is above criticism. That's not saying anything bad about those people or the site, it's just the nature of it. The types who dont want to hear or believe the club does anything wrong don't generally last long because these places over analysis every aspect of the club and invariably when over analysis comes, you'll find more avenues for criticism
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: December 1, 2021, 1:51 pm What constant cry of "Yay Raiders"? Honestly who and where are they?
:thumbsup
yeh raiders wrote: August 27, 2021, 7:51 pm **** YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That’s “yeh raiders”
Not “yay raiders”
:|
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I was saying boo-urns…
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: December 1, 2021, 7:18 pm I was saying boo-urns…
i like the way Snrub thinks!
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

RichmondRaider wrote:This forum needs a feature where if the ad hominem comes out with the careful dissection of respective posts for more than n comments, the combatants are diverted to their own Twilight zone thread to hash it out all without knowing it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I mean the block button exists for a reason. I put one particular poster under my block list and it improved my time here immensely. I recommend you give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

He won’t be going to the Tigers.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I’d say it’s confirmed that Hodgo is not going to be a tiger. https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/premi ... 4e8ce4650a

Bet Nico is hoping this was a modest deal.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Tigers sign Api From Panthers

Hodgson will end up at the Dolphins I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They probably got a better outcome depending on the price. Despite some off field issues.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Definitely

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Dusty wrote: December 3, 2021, 5:11 pm Tigers sign Api From Panthers

I think he’s worn out his welcome, and clubs know it…
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Raider Azz wrote: December 1, 2021, 10:44 pm
RichmondRaider wrote:This forum needs a feature where if the ad hominem comes out with the careful dissection of respective posts for more than n comments, the combatants are diverted to their own Twilight zone thread to hash it out all without knowing it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I mean the block button exists for a reason. I put one particular poster under my block list and it improved my time here immensely. I recommend you give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Yet despite that, you still check those 'blocked posts' :lol:

Christ. Grow a set you utter snowflake
RTW
David Furner

Josh Hodgson looks to be staying put

Post by RTW »

Dusty wrote:Tigers sign Api From Panthers

Won’t end up at the Dolphins, they will look for youth or QLDers in my opinion

Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

maybe. I always though Dolphins were a good fit for him. Last year in Canberra, Dolphins is a fresh start - he can be a foundation player, maybe captain, certainly a leader. Potentially squeeze 2 years out of them.
Thats 3 full years then at max $$
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Api $650k 3rd year option.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gangrenous wrote:I suspect to some extent I am a hypocrite. Most people are. But I’m confident in saying I don’t death ride an idea across threads to the extent of the examples I gave.

Curious to see what you’d consider mine to be?
I’m still waiting my friend?

Is it my frustrating habit of being right in every thread? Image
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Oh, I'm sorry.

CNK
Woe is us, NRL out to get us
Woe is us, refs out to get us

So on and so forth, to name but a few.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Colk
Dean Lance

Post by Colk »

RTW wrote: December 3, 2021, 6:18 pm
Dusty wrote:Tigers sign Api From Panthers

Won’t end up at the Dolphins, they will look for youth or QLDers in my opinion

They might end up possibly being the worst side in history. Another problem with the salary cap
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Why aren't we going for elite hookers for 2023, or are we satisfied Starling is the real deal?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: December 3, 2021, 9:53 pm Why aren't we going for elite hookers for 2023, or are we satisfied Starling is the real deal?
I’d say there are question marks around Starling. He looks like he has the potential to overcome his obvious small stature if he is appropriately committed. Two off-seasons raise doubts about where he is at!
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: December 3, 2021, 10:14 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: December 3, 2021, 9:53 pm Why aren't we going for elite hookers for 2023, or are we satisfied Starling is the real deal?
I’d say there are question marks around Starling. He looks like he has the potential to overcome his obvious small stature if he is appropriately committed. Two off-seasons raise doubts about where he is at!
I'm not convinced he's an 80 min player. I'm less worried about the off field stuff involving him, Billy. He was cleared on the first one and the second one seems minor.

Others with assaulting women, drug taking, alleged rape, domestic violence charges have more to worry about.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: December 3, 2021, 10:18 pm
Billy Walker wrote: December 3, 2021, 10:14 pm
I'm not convinced he's an 80 min player. I'm less worried about the off field stuff involving him, Billy. He was cleared on the first one and the second one seems minor.

Others with assaulting women, drug taking, alleged rape, domestic violence charges have more to worry about.
Yep - he certainly speeds a game up when he comes on towards the end of a half but agree he hasn’t demonstrated he’s a starting 80 minute hooker. I can’t see him taking the starting role from Hodgo. My point is that if he applies himself to something I wouldn’t discount him getting there but regardless of what the outcome is the dude seems to be making some poor choices.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Starling is the fittest bloke at the club.

Playing 80 is well within his reach.

But you only grow and improve at doing that if given the opportunity to do so. You do not become an 80 minute player and leader by getting grab bags off appearances here and there.

If Ricky views is as vitally important to the team that Hodgo comes on to stand around like a statue whenever someone runs a swerve at the middle, or to kick balls away on the 3rd when we are starved of possession or to run some crash balls- of which 1 eventually works after being all we do for 20 mins and making the rest of our attack look like starved garbage rats so people think, gee lucky we had Hodgo and his crash ball so we scored 6 vs 28 instead of 0 vs 28, then he will continue to play Hodgo and people will still say- gee Starlings not an 80 min player...

He got 2 goes at playing 80 last year... Both games we had Aekins at fb, no Papa (among others) and in one of those games Hudson Young is listed as our halfback. Hodgo was pants last year, Starling shone at times. The team goes better with Starling on the park, imo, in Vlandysball. Give him the keys.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

BadnMean wrote: December 4, 2021, 5:52 am Starling is the fittest bloke at the club.

Playing 80 is well within his reach.

But you only grow and improve at doing that if given the opportunity to do so. You do not become an 80 minute player and leader by getting grab bags off appearances here and there.

If Ricky views is as vitally important to the team that Hodgo comes on to stand around like a statue whenever someone runs a swerve at the middle, or to kick balls away on the 3rd when we are starved of possession or to run some crash balls- of which 1 eventually works after being all we do for 20 mins and making the rest of our attack look like starved garbage rats so people think, gee lucky we had Hodgo and his crash ball so we scored 6 vs 28 instead of 0 vs 28, then he will continue to play Hodgo and people will still say- gee Starlings not an 80 min player...

He got 2 goes at playing 80 last year... Both games we had Aekins at fb, no Papa (among others) and in one of those games Hudson Young is listed as our halfback. Hodgo was pants last year, Starling shone at times. The team goes better with Starling on the park, imo, in Vlandysball. Give him the keys.
:clap:
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

sprintman wrote: December 3, 2021, 7:11 pm Api $650k 3rd year option.
That's a great deal for the Tigers in my opinion.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Wiki Special wrote: December 4, 2021, 8:49 am
sprintman wrote: December 3, 2021, 7:11 pm Api $650k 3rd year option.
That's a great deal for the Tigers in my opinion.
Agree. They won, we lost!