Adam Elliott to join Newcastle Knights

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Adam Elliott on one year deal

Post by RTW »

I can’t say I have watched Elliott’s career to closely, the only Bulldogs game I watched last year was the magic round and I was a lot more focused on how bad we were playing.

But regardless of ability there is a lot of upside to this signing. Balancing your salary cap is a major contributor to sides being successful.

With Elliot we have a player who is on $200k or slightly above minimum wage. With a 30 man squad all teams have a minimum of 5 guys on minimum wage who you wouldn’t expect to see much first grade normally young kids coming through. The make up of your next 5-10 players determines how you can spread the pay for top end players.

Elliot gives us a seasoned first grader who when called upon will do his job. Granted he doesn’t move the needle forward but in the games where he plays he should be able to hold his own. You expect those games are made up of covering Papa at Origin and Tapine when suspended.

Alternatively he works his way into the starting team and then you have some real value.

Culture wise it’s a long stretch to say he would come in and destroy it. If he has any significant negative effect on it then I would suggest it was already poor to begin with.

As far as his off the field record two of them are very minor in my books. The mad Monday one - if you are getting upset by that then you haven’t spent much time around a footy team.
Boyle is again a non issue.

The big concern is the Lichaa incident but many seem happy enough to forget about The rest of the squads indiscretions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Adam Elliott, NRLW star Millie Boyle love match

It started out as the most awkward and embarrassing moment of the rugby league season. Now it is a love story for NRL forward Adam Elliott and female footy star Millie Boyle. The Canberra Raiders’ new signing and the Broncos’ NRLW star are officially an item.

“I’m normally private with this sort of stuff,” Millie said. “But we are together. I explained at the time we were both single and mates from a long time ago.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 7ed0934534
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

If Elliott could play as well as he can find a journo for a chat he would be a superstar!
Vaccinated
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Gee if we are going to have a womens team in 2023 Millie should be the first player we are looking to sign. Daughter of a former Raider, relative of our games record holder, used to come to the ground every week to watch her brother in Under 20s, from our local area and now partner of a current player.

And probably the best forward in the game.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

She's the daughter of David Boyle? He was a pretty good centre in his day.

Well now I'm all on the Elliot bandwagon.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Imagine hooking up with your new misses and getting sacked for it, what a world we live in.

This is some high class redemption.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

‘Trying to prove myself’: Elliott ready for ‘fresh start’ as he reveals touching moment with Ricky

Millie Boyle and Adam Elliott are now partners

Canberra’s newest recruit Adam Elliott is ready for a “fresh start” in the nation’s capital as he opened up on a touching connection he has with Raiders coach Ricky Stuart.

Elliott has inked a one-year deal with the Raiders — a lifeline of sorts — after he and the Bulldogs mutually parted ways following the infamous toilet tryst with NRLW player and his now girlfriend Millie Boyle.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 4247995a23

‘I’ll prove them wrong’: Elliott ready for a fresh start in Canberra: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-ll-p ... 594fl.html

Adam Elliott, NRLW star Millie Boyle love match: viewtopic.php?p=1838149#p1838149

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-4378167

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-s ... cc289bfec0
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Interesting that the report says he was signed for $250k.

Nice touch from Ricky on the autism link too. Goes a long way.

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Some early reports said $200k, some say "almost" $250k. 200/225k no difference really.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Classy touch from Stick.

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Nice photo. He doesn't look to have piled on kilo's in the time since he last played. Hopefully he starts the pre-season reasonably fit and can show some form in the Raiders trial matches. His initial task is to put pressure on the incumbents in the side to put himself in the position to be selected.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Rick wrote: October 31, 2021, 10:35 am Classy touch from Stick.

The question is did Ricky want that fact in an article?
My guess is no, Ricky prefers to do these things quietly

One of the things that use to annoy all the dogs fans I know is the amout of times Adam speaks with the media.

The raiders haven't even officially announced he is coming yet however Adam has given quotes and interviews to how many journos so far?

If you talk that much you really need to follow through on the field..
Vaccinated
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

RedRaider wrote: October 31, 2021, 11:01 am Nice photo. He doesn't look to have piled on kilo's in the time since he last played. Hopefully he starts the pre-season reasonably fit and can show some form in the Raiders trial matches. His initial task is to put pressure on the incumbents in the side to put himself in the position to be selected.
Training so hard in Darwin last week he ended up in hospital from heat stroke…
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

BadnMean wrote:Some early reports said $200k, some say "almost" $250k. 200/225k no difference really.
If it’s $250 then it’s a direct replacement for Lui. Let’s hope he can bring the kind of professional attitude of a player like Dunamis.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Postman Pat wrote: October 30, 2021, 9:56 pm Imagine hooking up with your new misses and getting sacked for it, what a world we live in.

This is some high class redemption.
Never go full EDIT
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OFFICIAL: Adam Elliott signs one year deal with Raiders

The Canberra Raiders have signed Adam Elliott on a one-year deal for the 2022 season. Elliott will join the Raiders for pre-season training in mid-November.

“I’m extremely excited to come to Canberra, make a fresh start and I’m very grateful for the opportunity the Raiders, Ricky and the coaching staff have given me,” Elliott said. “I had the chance to meet a few of the players on the Gold Coast this year as we were in the same hotel and they were all very easy to get along with and seem very professional. I can’t wait to get to Canberra and start the pre-season and be a part of the club.”

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/11 ... e-raiders/

Raiders confirm signing of Adam Elliott: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-4397586
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Adam Elliott and Michael Lichaa end ugly feud

NRL players Adam Elliott and Michael Lichaa have patched up their broken relationship to end the ugliest feud in rugby league. The pair fell out in February over a shocking incident when Elliott was caught in an ‘intimate act’ with Lichaa’s partner Kara Childerhouse at their home in Connells Point in Sydney’s south. Incredibly, all is forgiven.

On the night, Lichaa went to bed but woke at 4.30am to find Elliott and his partner ‘making out’. He then allegedly flew into a rage, was accused of assaulting his partner and smashing four windows that caused deep lacerations to his forearm that required surgery.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 6ecdd2b2f7

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ences.html
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: November 14, 2021, 7:06 am Adam Elliott and Michael Lichaa end ugly feud

NRL players Adam Elliott and Michael Lichaa have patched up their broken relationship to end the ugliest feud in rugby league. The pair fell out in February over a shocking incident when Elliott was caught in an ‘intimate act’ with Lichaa’s partner Kara Childerhouse at their home in Connells Point in Sydney’s south. Incredibly, all is forgiven.

On the night, Lichaa went to bed but woke at 4.30am to find Elliott and his partner ‘making out’. He then allegedly flew into a rage, was accused of assaulting his partner and smashing four windows that caused deep lacerations to his forearm that required surgery.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 6ecdd2b2f7
My god this guy loves seeing his name in print!
Vaccinated
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

He’s gotta try something Cat - his football won’t be making many headlines based on what he’s produced in his career so far
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

New Raider Elliott focused on future

No looking back - that's the mindset of Canberra forward Adam Elliott as he begins what could well be his last chance in the NRL.

"Obviously you do learn lessons and you carry them with you, and I've learned some really valuable ones and important ones," he told reporters on Thursday. "But for me, it's all about looking forward and diving into everything here ... the boys have made me feel really welcome.

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-4784347
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

He's making all the right noises. Lets hope this attitude sticks.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

He presents very well... can see why Sticky liked him
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He seems like a good bloke and he's saying all the right things. He'll be working hard, no doubt. I liked how he's studying for the history tests!
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I'm tipping him for a good year
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Timbo wrote: December 2, 2021, 11:45 am He's making all the right noises. Lets hope this attitude sticks.
It’s not his first rodeo/apology tour!!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: December 2, 2021, 12:06 pm He seems like a good bloke and he's saying all the right things. He'll be working hard, no doubt. I liked how he's studying for the history tests!
Yep good luck to him, I wasn’t a supporter of the signing but hope he makes the most of it. That said, I think Ricky should make it a modern history test.
- “Mr Elliot - tell me everything you know about former raider Curtis Scott and what the take away lessons might be…..”
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

My feeling is the Dogs were keen to flick anyone on their roster that wasnt regarded as a "Tier 1"/rep level player.

I see plenty of upside here for us.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'It was the toughest year of my life': Canberra Raiders recruit Adam Elliott opens up on hellish 2021

Raiders recruit Adam Elliott is confident the dark days are behind him.

"I can't lie, it was the toughest year of my life by a mile and I feel like it's behind me now and it's a great feeling," Elliott told The Canberra Times. "The lessons I've learned, they're really important and they're tough lessons and I think I've solidified that I don't want to feel like that again. I'm really happy off the field, I'm really quite content with my life."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

New Canberra Raider Adam Elliott focused on future: https://canberraweekly.com.au/new-canbe ... on-future/

VIDEO: Adam Elliott speaks about joining the Green Machine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/12 ... rs-kit-on/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

FWIW, to me this always looked like a better bet than Curtis Scott. I'm quietly confident there won't be any off field issues and it will ultimately be about how focused he is on performing on the park.

I think he'll prove to be much more valuable than Scott, but I'm not expecting anything great. Hopefully he is a serviceable backup to Whitehead, CHN and Young.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: December 2, 2021, 4:28 pm
greeneyed wrote: December 2, 2021, 12:06 pm He seems like a good bloke and he's saying all the right things. He'll be working hard, no doubt. I liked how he's studying for the history tests!
Yep good luck to him, I wasn’t a supporter of the signing but hope he makes the most of it. That said, I think Ricky should make it a modern history test.
- “Mr Elliot - tell me everything you know about former raider Curtis Scott and what the take away lessons might be…..”
This made me laugh. Modern History, and not an Ancient History test with Carney and Dugan
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

This bloke can’t keep it in his pants and I reckon it’s gonna blow up in our faces.

It makes me chuckle that people here say things like “he’s making all the right noises”, “saying all the right things”, “presents well”.

Ofcourse he is/does! What else is he going to say in his first interview with his new team that gave him a lifeline after his debacle of a 2021?! “Yeah mate, can’t wait to rip in…. To one of the lads’ missus!”

It’s preseason, aka puff piece time.
I hope I’m wrong and he makes me eat my words but I haven’t felt good about this signing from a locker room perspective since it was rumoured we were looking at him. Look how fractured we got this year when players got their noses out of joint. Now we throw this bloke into the lot? Yeesh.

For the record it’s a great salary cap deal, I just hope it’s worth the potential media/locker room circus…

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Danaman137 wrote:This bloke can’t keep it in his pants and I reckon it’s gonna blow up in our faces.
This was not the sentence to use that metaphor in Image
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:
Danaman137 wrote:This bloke can’t keep it in his pants and I reckon it’s gonna blow up in our faces.
This was not the sentence to use that metaphor in Image
***And Gangers steps forward offering his 'sacrificial' face***
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Canberra Raiders sign Adam Elliott on one year deal

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I just feel like there is so much speculation around him, if only he would reach out to the media and clarify things himself……. It’s at least 6 hours since his last interview :lol: