Raiders reportedly interested in Dylan Brown

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

HoraceBigCigar
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Jason Croker

Re: Raiders interest in Eels half Dylan Brown grows, while Havili off to Rabbitohs

Post by HoraceBigCigar »

Old School Green wrote: September 5, 2021, 5:13 pm
Botman wrote: September 5, 2021, 4:55 pm
Timbo wrote: September 5, 2021, 4:48 pm I can’t shake the bad feeling that there will be some horse trading in the next few weeks and we’ll end up with Luke Brooks.
Friend, I came to this conclusion months ago
Nothing is more certain in life than Luke Brooks being the raiders halfback in 2022
Yeh it feels like this.

If it happens let’s hope he goes alright and just needed out of the shambles he’s in. Jury’s out though until he shows something other than mediocrity personified
Mediocrity personified: sounds like a perfect fit :)
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Re: Raiders interest in Eels half Dylan Brown grows, while Havili off to Rabbitohs

Post by Old School Green »

HoraceBigCigar wrote: September 5, 2021, 6:15 pm
Old School Green wrote: September 5, 2021, 5:13 pm
Botman wrote: September 5, 2021, 4:55 pm
Timbo wrote: September 5, 2021, 4:48 pm I can’t shake the bad feeling that there will be some horse trading in the next few weeks and we’ll end up with Luke Brooks.
Friend, I came to this conclusion months ago
Nothing is more certain in life than Luke Brooks being the raiders halfback in 2022
Yeh it feels like this.

If it happens let’s hope he goes alright and just needed out of the shambles he’s in. Jury’s out though until he shows something other than mediocrity personified
Mediocrity personified: sounds like a perfect fit :)
:lol:
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Botman wrote: September 5, 2021, 3:57 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: September 5, 2021, 3:53 pm Watching Titans game, Tyrone peachey is no organising half, but still better than our current options and Dylan brown
He'd be the guy i'd target to play the #13 role.
Think if got him and a legit halfback, it would really improve our attack
100% agree.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

julian87 wrote: September 5, 2021, 8:04 pm
Botman wrote: September 5, 2021, 3:57 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: September 5, 2021, 3:53 pm Watching Titans game, Tyrone peachey is no organising half, but still better than our current options and Dylan brown
He'd be the guy i'd target to play the #13 role.
Think if got him and a legit halfback, it would really improve our attack
100% agree.
He is the kinda player you dont want the raiders facing.. id like to see him in green.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders looking at making a play for Eels half Dylan Brown

The Raiders are counting down the days to November 1 and their opportunity to make a play for Dylan Brown. The concerns over Brown are twofold. He will come with a big price tag. There are also question marks over whether the has the capacity to lead a team around the park.

The Raiders have contacted people who know Brown and been told that he indeed has that ability, but hasn’t been able to show it because he plays in a side that features Mitchell Moses and Clint Gutherson. There have been whispers that Brown’s management would be keen to move him in the off-season and the Eels could release much-needed funds, helping them keep a slew of other players.

Read more: https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr ... eee231dd58
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Maybe the Raiders could just watch him play without Mitchell Moses in the team?
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

“Raiders have contacted people that know Brown, and been told he does indeed have that ability”

Who did they talk to? His mum??
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

We need to go into next year with something different and if this is it we could do worse.

Worse comes to worse end of next year we are in a better situation than we are on now where we have Wighton potentially moving into 13 and still on the look out for a halfback/Schneider one more year better developed.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Rickmando wrote: September 11, 2021, 6:20 pm “Raiders have contacted people that know Brown, and been told he does indeed have that ability”

His mum, his manager and the Eels.
and Why TF would he come with a big price tag?
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

With the options available if we can get Brown for 2022 I’d take it.

Watching him, I think there’s something there. I think he can be a big upgrade on what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

I've always liked Peachey. Could do a lot worse.

I've also been thinking over the last few weeks that Adam Keighran might also be an option. He's a five-eighth but isn't purely a ball-runner type like Jack and I reckon he could do the job. Can also kick goals and his defence is strong.

Only signed for next season and surely won't need heaps to entice him to leave.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Re: Raiders interest in Eels half Dylan Brown grows

Post by Timbo »

This will be a terrible signing.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

We need to make sure that we don’t let perfect become the enemy of good.

Would we improve with Brown at the 6 and Wighton at the 13 instead of a friggin prop?

I reckon the answer may well be yes to that question.

And then all of a sudden if we signed a solid 7 like Pearce I would be quietly contented over the off season knowing the club is at least trying to improve for next year, and possibly without mortgaging our medium/long term cap.
Up The Milk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 11, 2021, 7:13 pm We need to make sure that we don’t let perfect become the enemy of good.

Would we improve with Brown at the 6 and Wighton at the 13 instead of a friggin prop?

And then all of a sudden if we signed a solid 7 like Pearce I would be quietly contented over the off season knowing the club is at least trying to improve for next year, and possibly without mortgaging our medium/long term cap.
That's not happening Mickey
It'll be 6. Wighton 7. Brown

That's not letting perfect become the enemy of good. It's just not good.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

According to The Canberra Times:

The Raiders have considered offering unwanted Titans half Ash Taylor a one-year deal, which would tide them over until Brown became available.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

greeneyed wrote: September 11, 2021, 7:31 pm According to The Canberra Times:

The Raiders have considered offering unwanted Titans half Ash Taylor a one-year deal, which would tide them over until Brown became available.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Now that's dire.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Botman wrote: September 11, 2021, 7:24 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: September 11, 2021, 7:13 pm We need to make sure that we don’t let perfect become the enemy of good.

That's not happening Mickey
It'll be 6. Wighton 7. Brown

That's not letting perfect become the enemy of good. It's just not good.
Right you are on that.

It’s like an inferior version of Wighton and Williams which only got us into that 4-5th slot.
Up The Milk
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

It sounds to me like this is going to happen. Someone said that Parra are after Ash Taylor, which doesn't bode well. Oh well, I'll lube up because this is going to hurt
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Parra would be well aware that Brown hasn't kicked on, and will be thrilled they found a buyer for their dud. It's hard to see it not happening

I'll get behind him and hope he does well but if you play a bad hand and get lucky on the flop, it was still a bad decision
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

100% agree CM
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

It sounds like the only criteria we are signing this guy on is that he’s “young”. Heres a novel thought, how about we try and find someone who is “good” instead?
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Our only hope is that he seems to be a bit of a player and party boy, likes the beach too based on his instagram. The Canberra disadvantage, you've stuffed us up many times, you owe us one back...
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

One thing we forget is that Sticky has brought in two halfbacks to the club during his time here. Aiden Sezer and George Williams. Neither of them are 7s who have the skillset to control a team, rather they have that off the cuff ability, mainly backed up by a decent running game.

Maybe this is just what Stuart likes in a 7, hence why we would be more likely to buy a Brown or Harris-Tavita?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Rickmando wrote: September 11, 2021, 6:20 pm “Raiders have contacted people that know Brown, and been told he does indeed have that ability”

:lol: Hopefully not the same Eels insider that told us the same about Brad Drew.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Honestly, if we offer Brown a big money contract, then we are just Wests Tigers South at this point.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rickmando wrote: September 12, 2021, 9:58 am Honestly, if we offer Brown a big money contract, then we are just Wests Tigers South at this point.
That analogy is both funny and disturbing. Weighted towards the latter.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

woppadingo wrote:

His mum, his manager and the Eels.
and Why TF would he come with a big price tag?
I’m pretty sure he’s on a pretty big deal at Parra currently.

I recall the Warriors were after him after his debut and the Eels had to offer him a lot to keep him.

Whether or not he’s worth it is another matter.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Raider47 wrote: September 12, 2021, 8:18 am One thing we forget is that Sticky has brought in two halfbacks to the club during his time here. Aiden Sezer and George Williams. Neither of them are 7s who have the skillset to control a team, rather they have that off the cuff ability, mainly backed up by a decent running game.

Maybe this is just what Stuart likes in a 7, hence why we would be more likely to buy a Brown or Harris-Tavita?
True, which just shows again what a slow learner he is, or single-minded/stubborn
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

“Hello Dylan Browns agent, is he any good?”

“Yes!”

“Here, take all of our moneys!”
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Watching this Eels vs Knights final, Dylan Brown is a bit of a passenger out there. perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what he could possibly add to our team. He's certainly no halfback.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

He's very much the 3rd fiddle behind Moses and Gutho. There might be a decent player in him- what he does isn't bad- but he doesn't show any initiative to get himself in the game. Better player than Williams/Frawley but you'd be hiring him hoping he can do something he hasn't yet shown he can do...
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

You certainly wouldn't be wanting to throw wads of cash at him. He may go all right, but doesn't do much to highlight that.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

The biggest red flag is he’s shown zero discernible improvement since coming into the league with big wraps. If this is a Rick ego-thing where he thinks he can be the guy who can unlock greater performances from Brown… we are in for a world of pain
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 12, 2021, 5:10 pm Watching this Eels vs Knights final, Dylan Brown is a bit of a passenger out there. perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what he could possibly add to our team. He's certainly no halfback.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Passenger is a fair call
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Pearce was pretty ordinary too, that game was a good show case of why we really cant be giving any of these players rumoured more than 1-2 years. The most established options we've been linked to just put on show why they're available for a club like ours.
They're not very good