Canberra Raiders, NRL work on COVID-19 vaccination plan

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra Raiders, NRL work on COVID-19 vaccination plan

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders, NRL work on COVID-19 vaccination plan for Green Machine players

The Canberra Raiders are working with the NRL on a vaccination plan that will allow their players to get the jab in either Queensland or in the ACT once their season ends.

"Obviously we'll be pushing that and getting it done as efficiently as possible as soon as we can. Not all of them will come back here - some of them might stay up there [in Queensland] for a holiday. We're working through that with the NRL on a fast-track protocol that our doctor could oversee," Raiders CEO Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: Canberra Raiders, NRL work on COVID-19 vaccination plan

Post by cat »

Awesome news, vaccination is the way we get our freedom back and protect ourselves from this disease
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

There seems to be an increase in restrictions on what unvaccinated people will be able to do across various industries. I wonder if NRL players who refuse the jab like Papa will be limited in what they can and can’t do.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: August 29, 2021, 10:05 pm There seems to be an increase in restrictions on what unvaccinated people will be able to do across various industries. I wonder if NRL players who refuse the jab like Papa will be limited in what they can and can’t do.
A lot of people laughed at me when I said the "no jab no job, no jab no footy, no jab no flying, no jab no pub etc" would come in but it turns out I was correct.

IF Papa can get a medical certificate saying he has a legitimate , life threatening reason not to get jabbed he will be fine otherwise he will be restricted in a lot of areas of his life.

There are many industries both private and public that are making it a legal requirement to work.

The government is also making it the better option for businesses in terms of who they provide service to.

This will stand up in court, there is already legal history/past examples ( the lawyers on here can explain it better). You already have to be vaccinated against a whole heap of stuff to nurse, work in an abattoir etc.
And you already have to be vaccinated against yellow fever to travel to certain countries.

Already in NSW I have had to provide my employer with my vaccination certificate ( sighted not kept)

Like it or not vaccination is the way out of this, and its the only way you will be able to live freely
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: August 29, 2021, 10:53 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 29, 2021, 10:05 pm There seems to be an increase in restrictions on what unvaccinated people will be able to do across various industries. I wonder if NRL players who refuse the jab like Papa will be limited in what they can and can’t do.
A lot of people laughed at me when I said the "no jab no job, no jab no footy, no jab no flying, no jab no pub etc" would come in but it turns out I was correct.

IF Papa can get a medical certificate saying he has a legitimate , life threatening reason not to get jabbed he will be fine otherwise he will be restricted in a lot of areas of his life.

There are many industries both private and public that are making it a legal requirement to work.

The government is also making it the better option for businesses in terms of who they provide service to.

This will stand up in court, there is already legal history/past examples ( the lawyers on here can explain it better). You already have to be vaccinated against a whole heap of stuff to nurse, work in an abattoir etc.
And you already have to be vaccinated against yellow fever to travel to certain countries.

Already in NSW I have had to provide my employer with my vaccination certificate ( sighted not kept)

Like it or not vaccination is the way out of this, and its the only way you will be able to live freely
I thought they laughed at you when you told us that Sydney was doing a great job being compliant without any complacency. Turns out you were incorrect.

I don’t care about what Papa get or can’t do in life I’m interested to know if his decision will impact his opportunity to play NRL.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: August 29, 2021, 11:48 pm
cat wrote: August 29, 2021, 10:53 pm

I thought they laughed at you when you told us that Sydney was doing a great job being compliant without any complacency. Turns out you were incorrect.

I don’t care about what Papa get or can’t do in life I’m interested to know if his decision will impact his opportunity to play NRL.
Mate I really dont care what internet heros like you think of me, so keep digging

And I actually don't care what impact Papa's situation has on his NRL career, there is a world out there bigger then football in case you haven't noticed.
I'm more concerned what his situation with vaccine will have on his overall life and health.

Fingers crossed he can find a way to have the vaccination safely so he stays safe
Vaccinated
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

He's mentioned reactions to previous vaccines including going to hospital so it might not just be a case of "I don't want to" as it is with some of the players. Maybe pfizer will work better for him.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: August 30, 2021, 10:48 am
He's mentioned reactions to previous vaccines including going to hospital so it might not just be a case of "I don't want to" as it is with some of the players. Maybe pfizer will work better for him.
I hope he can find a vaccine that works for him and his family.