Newcastle Knights halfback Mitchell Pearce emerges on Canberra Raiders' radar

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Newcastle Knights halfback Mitchell Pearce emerges on Canberra Raiders' radar

Post by zim »

Pretty quiet on Todd Carney. Very suspicious.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: Newcastle Knights halfback Mitchell Pearce emerges on Canberra Raiders' radar

Post by Rickmando »

Lui_Bon wrote: September 6, 2021, 8:40 pm After seeing Paul Kent tonight being asked who the Raiders "should" look at for halfback, he said that halfbacks under Ricky need to be fairly experienced and having already mentioned Pearce, I reckon he might know something...

unfortunately.
Why do they need to be experienced to play under Ricky?

Is it because the great man isn’t worth **** as a coach, has no idea how to develop players apart from teaching them to bleed green, and therefore the halfback has to already have foundational skills when he arrives at the club?

Ah, the old Destroyer of Halves/Clubs… where’s that cannon????
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Who's the least experienced halfback we can find.... Phil Taylor has never played halfback as far as I know. UK boy too.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I am fine paying pearce what hes worth next year.

But we should be pushing for the option to be in our favour for 2023. If he circles the drain, let him go at the end of next year. If he is good and theres no better option run it back in 2023.
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

I just want this to happen so I can see his dad's best 'HideThePainHarold.jpg' expression.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

papabear wrote: September 8, 2021, 11:19 am I am fine paying pearce what hes worth next year.

But we should be pushing for the option to be in our favour for 2023. If he circles the drain, let him go at the end of next year. If he is good and theres no better option run it back in 2023.
Except that according to reports, a deal like that isn’t what Pearce wants, or is competitive with what’s reportedly on the table elsewhere. We are going to have to go overs in terms of both money and years. Knowing this club - it’s entirely possible that they do. (It would be a mistake - Pearce’s best years weren’t that great, and they’re a long way behind him).

But you just know Rick is standing in the board room, delusionally declaring to all the surrounding yes men that he’s only a half back away from putting together a premiership-winning team in 2022.