Eels 13+
11%

Total votes: 9

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Re: 2021 Rd 19 V Eels: Game Day

Post by raiderskater »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:07 pm Hang around for a Rapa interview. Instead Matty ****** Nables is going on about supercoach Kevvie.
Had to turn it off. Too frickin putrid.

I'm watching Olympic soccer instead. Very slow and dull after league. The only thing exciting is that we're winning.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Butters wrote:Only just calming down about the offside. Someone that knows the rules better, he was offside and in the ten constituting a penalty yes?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Of course he was, by 2 or 3 metres. Perenara should never sit in that bunker ever again. How can he miss that?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

It’s very hard to split Tarps, Rapa, Hodgo and Starling, the entire 17 had that 2019 vibe about them
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:09 pm May have been Tapine's best ever game too. I've seen him dominate before but not absolutely bust his ass like that
I'd agree. I don't think I've seen him defend so punishingly for such a sustained and consistent periods of the game + had his running game mixed with his usual stop and go palm with some hard straight charges mixed in. Very, very good.
mongoose
Glenn Lazarus

Post by mongoose »

Azza wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:14 pm Yep, outstanding win, not only our best for this season but probably one of the top two or three matches in the NRL this year.

Wighton will come back obviously but right now we look better without him. Love our new backline at present.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
yeah i'd piss croker off.... put Wighton or Timoko in the centres
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

One has to wonder what happened 3 games ago with the coaching routine and game plan. Whoever decided the boring and predictable one-out up the middle plays had to change deserves a medal. Can we keep this winning formulae going? This was an enjoyable game not jut because we won but because defence was the priority and it was a gripping and tense game throughout! Peranara has to be sacked; he has had it in for the raiders for yrs and he showed it again tonight. Para were clearly offside for their 2nd try!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Azza wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:14 pm Yep, outstanding win, not only our best for this season but probably one of the top two or three matches in the NRL this year.

Wighton will come back obviously but right now we look better without him. Love our new backline at present.

They're a good bunch of kids, these backs. Our weakness at start of year turning into a strength
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Good grief if you’re not elated after that, without qualification, you may as well give it away.

I am still buzzing 30 minutes later.
Up The Milk
Turbo_Raider
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Turbo_Raider »

That was the most grit we've shown in defence since 2019 albeit with a very different looking squad. **** you feel proud after seeing that **** :clap:
Last edited by Turbo_Raider on July 22, 2021, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

mongoose wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:19 pm

Now you’re talking - Kris, HSS and Timoko all showed more than JC tonight. He wasn’t totally horrible but he offers nothing and is a defensive liability
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Canberra Milk wrote:

They're a good bunch of kids, these backs. Our weakness at start of year turning into a strength
Yeah I'd actually be really hopeful for next year if we could just sort our halves out

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Super coach has us peaking at the right time of the season.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

EJ wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:May have been Tapine's best ever game too. I've seen him dominate before but not absolutely bust his ass like that
Far out big call. His second half of 2020 was immense. Roosters final?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Yeah his performance in that semi final last year was next level

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

HSS is very keen on the tough stuff
A lot to like about him for sure
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

RedRaider wrote:Even under Vlandy's ball rules, committed defensive play can first keep a side in the game and then be enough to ensure a victory. You beauty, a great game for us defensophiles.
I thought the ref let the players slow down the play the ball much more than usual V’landysball and let the defence leave early.

But for mine it was a much more enjoyable tussle.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Tapine was massive. Rapa sensational. Best performance of the year. Were building boys. Good times!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Good attitude change. I wonder what happened? GWilly leaving maybe? Or Mrs.Tarps and Rocky had a big chat? :lol:
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Green Taipan wrote:One has to wonder what happened 3 games ago with the coaching routine and game plan. Whoever decided the boring and predictable one-out up the middle plays had to change deserves a medal. Can we keep this winning formulae going? This was an enjoyable game not jut because we won but because defence was the priority and it was a gripping and tense game throughout! Peranara has to be sacked; he has had it in for the raiders for yrs and he showed it again tonight. Para were clearly offside for their 2nd try!
Almost looks like there has been a bit of a silent mid season review. A lot of the obvious things fans and the like have been calling for are happening/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Thomas Raider wrote:Good attitude change. I wonder what happened? GWilly leaving maybe? Or Mrs.Tarps and Rocky had a big chat? Image
I think cutting Williams has been the key

Outside of the Titans game the attitude has been heaps better

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Thomas Raider wrote:Good attitude change. I wonder what happened? GWilly leaving maybe? Or Mrs.Tarps and Rocky had a big chat? Image
Obviously Mrs Tapine is coaching the side full time now.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I've given it to Sammy in the past but that was a great defensive effort from him tonight. Really put his body on the line, well done.

nodrog
Brett Mullins

Post by nodrog »

Might be coincidence but we've been playing better overall since Croker has come back. He had a stinker against the titans but otherwise has been ok. I am firmly against dropping toots right now, just stop letting him take the first hit up off our line.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Our edge defence was very, very good. I’m still dumbfounded that we won that game.

Effort
Toughness
Resilience
Everything together

Proud supporter here

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Botman wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:28 pm HSS is very keen on the tough stuff
A lot to like about him for sure
Going to be a real asset as he gets some match fitness.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

nodrog wrote:

Might be coincidence but we've been playing better overall since Croker has come back. He had a stinker against the titans but otherwise has been ok. I am firmly against dropping toots right now, just stop letting him take the first hit up off our line.
He’s been good last few weeks. If we are aiming out of trouble and he can do run 3 it’s much better

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dusty wrote:
nodrog wrote:

He’s been good last few weeks. If we are aiming out of trouble and he can do run 3 it’s much better

He's not getting bashed like he was pre his last injury, and he's been relatively solid in defence.

I don't think he's a talking point right now

lomax
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by lomax »

As a fan that's what i want to see, players having a red hot go and that's what everyone on the field did tonight. I can forgive errors as long as they are having a crack and that's what they did tonight. Even if we lost on the bell i was proud of that effort.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:40 pm I've given it to Sammy in the past but that was a great defensive effort from him tonight. Really put his body on the line, well done.
He played well, but were you yelling at the TV like I was when he was headed towards that loose ball? It's like time slows down haha.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Timoko to centres for croker and wighton to lock
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

afgtnk wrote: July 22, 2021, 9:47 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 9:43 pm We don't deserve to lose this.
Bull we don't

We've been hanging on for dear life this entire half
That's true. Sam Williams did everything he possibly could to lose us that game with the terrible field goal attempt.

See what I did there? Exactly the sort of thing you do every time you come into this forum.

It's easy to be a negative ****. Keep taking that easy path champion, it suits you.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Super impressed with HSS. He is nuggety and rugged and hits hard. Why on earth is Crokes still lacing up his boots? He croaked it long time ago.

We were very very very very lucky to win that.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

This site has lost all Jordan Rapana slander privileges, forever..

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:40 pm I've given it to Sammy in the past but that was a great defensive effort from him tonight. Really put his body on the line, well done.
He played well, but were you yelling at the TV like I was when he was headed towards that loose ball? It's like time slows down haha.
Nah.. that Brown offside, no call nearly tipped me over the edge. If we lost that game after that decision I honestly don't know what I'd have done.

sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Maybe Tarps not off to the Chooks after all…
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:56 pm
afgtnk wrote: July 22, 2021, 9:47 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 9:43 pm We don't deserve to lose this.
Bull we don't

We've been hanging on for dear life this entire half
That's true. Sam Williams did everything he possibly could to lose us that game with the terrible field goal attempt.
It was awful. Right in front. Worse was when all he had to do was land on the loose ball and instead he dropped it handing Parra another set on our line.