Kris, Savage and Valemei re-sign

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Kris, Savage and Valemei re-sign

Post by -TW- »

Canberra Raiders young guns Sebastian Kris and Xavier Savage set to re-sign on Tuesday

The Raiders will have a much-needed boost for the Titans game with young guns Sebastian Kris and Xavier Savage expected to re-sign on Tuesday. Kris has enjoyed a break-out year after taking all of last season off to deal with mental-health issues. Now the pair were set to be rewarded with new deals to be announced on Tuesday.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7316908/

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Re: Kris and Savage set to re-sign

Post by mobrulesall »

Good news for them both. Keen to see what this Savage hype is all about.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

mobrulesall wrote: June 28, 2021, 4:49 pm Good news for them both. Keen to see what this Savage hype is all about.
Didn't you get to see enough during his 11 minute stint against Dragons? :P
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Northern Raider wrote:
mobrulesall wrote: June 28, 2021, 4:49 pm Good news for them both. Keen to see what this Savage hype is all about.
Didn't you get to see enough during his 11 minute stint against Dragons? :P
yes I think we did

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Very good news both of them.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Sweet! Would love to see them both stay
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Good
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Both got potential, seems like a no brainer to keep them.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Plenty of potential in both players. Kris good with ball in hand but needs to work on his consistency in defence. Savage has speed, which the Raiders need and showed he was not overawed in his brief stint in the NRL. Here's hoping he can be a future 'X' (avier) factor in coming seasons.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Happy days! Good news this.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I’ll allow it..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Kris and Savage re-sign

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders re-sign Sebastian Kris to end 2024 and Xavier Savage to end 2023

The Canberra Raiders have re-signed rising stars Sebastian Kris and Xavier Savage on new deals, which will keep them both in the nation’s capital.

Kris has signed a three-year extension which will see him remain a Raider until the end of 2024, while Savage has signed a two-year extension which sees him contracted until the end of the 2023 season.

Sebastian Kris was elevated into the top 30 at the beginning of the 2021 season after a strong pre-season and has played 13 out of a possible 14 matches this season.

He said he’s excited to be able to continue his career with his junior club and continue to improve as an NRL player.

“I’m over the moon that I’m able to stay at this club. I love the club and the players,” Kris said. “I’m looking forward to putting on the green jersey many more times.”

Xavier Savage continues his rise through the grades with the club and will be elevated to a top 30 contract for the next two seasons, after being one of the club’s development players this year.

Savage thanked the Raiders for the opportunity to continue his development and was ready to work hard to put his name forward for NRL selection this season and for the next two years.

“I’m really happy to re-sign with the club. They have been very good to me for my development,” he said. “I’m excited for the next two years.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said it was a great sign for the club to re-sign some of the club's rising stars who have been developed by the Raiders.

“It’s always wonderful to see players who have played in our pathways system take the next step and become part of the NRL squad,” Furner said. “The club is excited to secure both Sebastian and Xavier on new deals to keep them in Canberra.”

Canberra Raiders media
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Can’t wait to see savage get his go. (Properly)
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

2 years is about as long a contract as Savage would want right now. He can cash in after that if he establishes himself in 1st grade.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

One positive point amongst all the negativity we've had this year is that our juniors are seemingly flying under the radar. We haven't heard any reports so far of these guys being in negotiations with other clubs and hopefully that translates to securing these guys at a good price. It's a much better position than previous years when we've had to fight for our juniors as well as not being able to secure talent from other clubs without paying big overs.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Great news
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

2 Torres Strait Island boys🙌🏾🙌🏾💚💙
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Sebastian Kris and Xavier Savage re-sign

Xavier Savage hopes his next NRL game will be a legal one. He re-signed with the Raiders today to end 2023, along with Sebastian Kris, to end 2024.

"Ricky was very apologetic after the game and I was just telling him everyone makes mistakes, stuff happens and there's nothing we can do about it now, we can't go back and change it. I was happy I still got a taste of it and I'm working towards the next job and hopefully I get a legal debut."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Very happy with both of these signings
Savage especially. I know he's raw and maybe not ready for NRL this year, but i think giving him a legit taste and with a good off season he can be for 2022. And i think that should be his and our goal with him. We should be looking at this guy saying "what do we need to do to have him ready for NRL footy in round 1, 2022"

Which is not to say he's a sure thing, but i think his physical traits are special and fit what you need in an NRL winger.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

He can run like the clappers.

Just needs to meet Gym..
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Savage is a lot heavier/stronger already than guys like Staines and Ramsay. Physicality won't be what holds him back. He's not Cotric who was just always a tank but his job will be to run fast and he can do that.

Wingers tend to burst onto the scene so with half a season this year of NSW Cup + probably a few FG games by years end, then an off season with the mindset that yep, FG is the goal this year, training with the top team not SG Ball. He'll be ready.

He's 19 this year. A 20 year old isn't really early to start FG. Bang around average for outside backs I'd guess.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

100% agree BadnMean
Id love to get him a taste this year and then next year, you're probably going into the pre season with the kid in our top 30, and prepared to give him more time in NSW Cup if needed but quietly hoping and giving him every opportunity to win a #2 or #5 jersey
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Valemei has also re-signed until the end of 2024.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford

Valemei Re-Signs

Post by Green Blogger »

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/06 ... i-valemei/

Semi Valemei added to the list of young players committing to the club long term.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Kris, Savage and Valemei re-sign

Post by greeneyed »

Semi Valemei re-signs with Canberra Raiders to end 2024

Canberra Raiders winger Semi Valemei has re-signed with the club for a further three years, which will keep him in green until the end of the 2024 season.

Valemei burst onto the scene in 2020 for the Raiders playing 10 matches in his debut season, winning the club’s rookie of the year award.

So far this season he’s played four matches and has been named on the wing this weekend to play the Titans at Canberra Stadium.

Valemei said he has enjoyed every moment of his time since joining the club and looked forward to continuing his career in Canberra.

“I’m very happy to remain here for the next three years,” Valemei said. “Since coming over from Fiji the Raiders have been fantastic for my development and I’m looking forward to continuing playing here and developing even further.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the re-signing of Valemei was another big positive for the club as they moved to retain their up and coming stars.

“Semi has shown really positive signs since making his NRL debut last season and he’s a player we know still has plenty of improvement and development ahead of him,” Furner said. “It’s another show of faith in the club with another young player committing for an extended period which is really pleasing.”

Canberra Raiders media
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

That's 3 of our young outside backs locked in for the immediate future. Club obviously has confidence in these guys to take us forward.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Semi is developing quite nicely imo
He wasnt ready for the big stage in the finals last year but again the physical traits were evident... just needed and needs still more time. I think between him and Savage we'll have at least 1 long term winger for the team.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Great news...Hopefully We can wrap Timoko and HSS up long term also
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders rookie Xavier Savage sets sights on 'legal' debut

Freshly re-signed rookie Raiders winger Xavier Savage can afford to laugh about his whirlwind 11-minute debut that landed his club a $5,000 fine and hopes to get a more legitimate debut in the near future.

"I knew something like that would happen to me, something crazy like that always happens to me. I was still very happy. I got a taste of NRL and it just makes me even hungrier for what's to come over the next two years. Hopefully I get another opportunity soon and I'll make sure I do my job out there when I do."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/30/rai ... gal-debut/
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Tigers Insider: "Club awaiting on medical report for Smith Shields but from what I'm told he sees his pathway at Canberra too crowded and we are in the box seat. Development deal for 2022 to start off with".
Last edited by Butters on June 30, 2021, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Butters wrote: June 30, 2021, 3:15 pm Tigers Insider: "Club awaiting on medical report for Smith Shields but from what I'm told he sees his pathway at Canberra too crowded and we are in the box seat. Development deal for 2022 to start off with".

:hmmm
Could we have a URL link to the report please? Can I remind everyone that it is a site requirement to supply one. Thanks all.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Good news on Semi

WellbHSS is right, it is too crowded with Scott and Croker and co...

We've seen this year with our stacked middles, and with Hodgo, that players aren't happy to be squad fillers
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: June 30, 2021, 4:16 pm
Butters wrote: June 30, 2021, 3:15 pm Tigers Insider: "Club awaiting on medical report for Smith Shields but from what I'm told he sees his pathway at Canberra too crowded and we are in the box seat. Development deal for 2022 to start off with".

:hmmm
Could we have a URL link to the report please?
Straight from the Entrance Tigers website..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Semi Valemei signs three-year contract extension with Canberra Raiders

Boom youngster Semi Valemei has signed a three-year contract extension at the Raiders, but the news hasn't quite yet filtered through to his family back in Fiji.

"I've tried a couple of days to call Fiji but I didn't get through," the softly spoken Valemei said. "I'll try again this week just to let them know I'm re-signing with the club."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

HSS is the best of the lot...Hope he doesn't leave