Broncos 13+
27%

Total votes: 11

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Re: 2021 Rd 14 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by Postman Pat »

Matt wrote:The boys on the GMP called for Simmo to FB. Well, Simmo delivered.
M1’s been pushing that for weeks, the rest of the boys have been laughing at him tbh. It should be a fun podcast this week on this subject.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Incredibly harsh call really.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: June 13, 2021, 12:37 am
Ultima wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:17 pm Watching the replay, the Broncos "try" off that forward "pass", is it still a pass if it hits someone's foot first? If it hit the ground instead it's a knock on so couldn't they review it when it hits a foot too? Isn't it only a forward pass if it's caught?
No, It is still a forward pass. Just watching the replay myself. It was definitely a forward pass.

"FORWARD PASS is a throw towards the opponents’ dead ball line."
But it landed at worst in line with where it was thrown. He was standing on the 10, could reach back about a metre, and it landed 11 or 12 out from the line.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

greeneyed wrote: June 13, 2021, 12:37 am No, It is still a forward pass. Just watching the replay myself. It was definitely a forward pass.

Yes but:

The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass

I've never really thought about what happens then if they're moving backwards like in that incident... presumably it could travel flat yet still be "forward" according to the rules (ie it's thrown forward, but due to the momentum/inertia of the player, it doesn't actually propel forward relative to the ground)

Edit: yes I'd say that's exactly what happened. It was clearly forward
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 13, 2021, 1:07 am
Ultima wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:17 pm Watching the replay, the Broncos "try" off that forward "pass", is it still a pass if it hits someone's foot first? If it hit the ground instead it's a knock on so couldn't they review it when it hits a foot too? Isn't it only a forward pass if it's caught?
No, It is still a forward pass. Just watching the replay myself. It was definitely a forward pass.

But it landed at worst in line with where it was thrown. He was standing on the 10, could reach back about a metre, and it landed 11 or 12 out from the line.
But it came out of his hands forward, very clearly.

I agree with another point you’ve made tonight for the Rapana NO TRY at the end. Farnworth was trying to hold Rapana back. He was holding his jersey with one hand and the bunker should have seen that. It was obvious on the replay. It was the same replay shot. It was only after that that Rapana pushed him. Penalty Raiders at the very least, possibly penalty try.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

I thought the pass was OK, but two players were offside from the original kick.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Nickman wrote: June 10, 2021, 9:51 pm
Raiders666 wrote:
The Nickman wrote: June 10, 2021, 9:31 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
-TW- wrote: June 9, 2021, 11:13 pm Probably cause we're only 2 points out with a softer run home

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
We will win more than we lose in the run home. Two games against Manly will be the key. Need to get a few speedy Raiders fans to challenge Turbo for a race up The Corso before those games.
Surprised you feel that way, I genuinely think we won’t win another game.

Even meeting somewhere in the middle I can’t see us winning more than we lose, not even close.
Won't win another game :cmon ... Good Grief Champ... * checks notes * You're wrong Pal
I’m currently 7-nil against you, pal

So back in your box under mum and dad’s stairs there, sport
Hey.

Happy **** Birthday.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Yep, happy birthday Nickman

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

That pass certainly looked forward to me live. on replay it was a lot closer than I thought. I thought the Broncos should have been penalised for rapanas no try. Bailey runs past the ball cause a bronco pushes him on approach. Not sure how they missed it. If they'd suggest it was incidental given the contest, then I cannot see how the same logic couldn't be extended to rapana
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

MrsPJ appreciates the win, I’m in a much better mood today.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

It wasn't his best game in this run but CHN keeps his form rolling

Starting to look a good player
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

A few reflections on last night.

1. Winning is a lot more fun than losing and there was a lot to like about last night.

2. The Broncos are horrendous! Genuine hot trash, no heart and no accountability from the coach.

3. Love what Simo and Timoko turned out but frustrated it took half a season of poor performance before we gave them an opportunity. The lack of vision and creativity in team selections has been a concern - hopefully this might change?
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Blogger »

Really interesting comment by Papa in his post match interview with Fox. The statement was made that Ricky had had a conversation with him about doing extra cardio and getting fitter in this time off.

Papa laughed and said there was no convo with Ricky, it was firm direction. Then he went on to say that it was the right call and that he needed the kick to get moving.

What was striking was that Papa was very relaxed and appreciative of the direction. He did not speak like someone who was not getting on with the coach or who wanted out of the club.

Winning builds happiness.
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Crash Ball »

greeneyed wrote: June 13, 2021, 12:19 am
Crash Ball wrote: June 12, 2021, 9:09 pm Is there a way to block certain posters on this forum so their posts don’t appear for you?
Yes there is.
Thanks, I found it in the FAQ.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

With the season buried it's hard to get excited by anything especially when playing that rabble.
YAY TEAM!!!!.
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote:MrsPJ appreciates the win, I’m in a much better mood today.
What about the monster?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That was a good game from Simonsson. We've finally seen a bit of what he can do, albeit against the Broncos. Hopefully he can back it up next week. I thought he was going to blow out after 60 minutes, but he kept going. Full credit to him.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Pete Cash wrote: June 13, 2021, 7:13 am It wasn't his best game in this run but CHN keeps his form rolling

Yep, this is another player who we could build around if his head is in the right place. He's starting to look really good. Guler was looking more intent too, against some half decent middles.

We really just need a halfback and some speed on the wing. I'm confident we have a couple of players who can do the job at centre.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on June 13, 2021, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 13, 2021, 8:35 am That was a good game from Simonsson. We've finally seen a bit of what he can do, albeit against the Broncos. Hopefully he can back it up next week. I thought he was going to blow out after 60 minutes, but he kept going. Full credit to him.

Very good game. Weak opposition but it goes to show what a ball playing fullback can do. He certainly showed this.

I felt like we scored some tries last night that simply werent existant so far this season.

This side is something we can build on i think.

Pains me to say this but there is no more room left for Croker. Thats very clear now. He moves into backup centre id say.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yes good game from Simmo but he can't afford to let bombs bounce against better sides. Was it twice it happened?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Seiffert82 wrote: June 13, 2021, 8:41 am
Pete Cash wrote: June 13, 2021, 7:13 am It wasn't his best game in this run but CHN keeps his form rolling

Yep, this is another player who we could build around if his head is in the right place. He's starting to look really good. Guler was looking more intent too, against some half decent middles.

We really just need a halfback and some speed on the wing. I'm confident we have a couple of players who can do the job at centre.
Yup glad to see he is getting the niggle out of his game, that might have been a fitness thing. Remains to be seen if he can hold his own defensively against some of the top teams, fingers crossed.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

FROG wrote:That pass certainly looked forward to me live. on replay it was a lot closer than I thought. I thought the Broncos should have been penalised for rapanas no try. Bailey runs past the ball cause a bronco pushes him on approach. Not sure how they missed it. If they'd suggest it was incidental given the contest, then I cannot see how the same logic couldn't be extended to rapana
The pass was clearly forward live at the game from a good position. The breeze and spin from the hand may have even blown it backwards slightly towards the end.

The replay doesn’t give you a correct impression of where the ball left the hand and where it connected with the foot. A side on camera would tell a clearer story.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Also on the Rapa no try. The Broncos player grabbed Rapana by the shirt, why isn’t Raps allowed to push him away.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

BJ wrote:Also on the Rapa no try. The Broncos player grabbed Rapana by the shirt, why isn’t Raps allowed to push him away.
Because the bunker **** that one up, hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote: June 13, 2021, 2:24 am

But it came out of his hands forward, very clearly.

I agree with another point you’ve made tonight for the Rapana NO TRY at the end. Farnworth was trying to hold Rapana back. He was holding his jersey with one hand and the bunker should have seen that. It was obvious on the replay. It was the same replay shot. It was only after that that Rapana pushed him. Penalty Raiders at the very least, possibly penalty try.
You could argue marginally forward out of the hands, agree there. I'd say you're looking for reasons not to award a try which is a slippery slope that rugby union went down 5-10 years ago. That rule was introduced for passes that float forward, this one landed in line with where it was thrown from.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Green Blogger wrote: June 13, 2021, 7:51 am Really interesting comment by Papa in his post match interview with Fox. The statement was made that Ricky had had a conversation with him about doing extra cardio and getting fitter in this time off.

Papa laughed and said there was no convo with Ricky, it was firm direction. Then he went on to say that it was the right call and that he needed the kick to get moving.

What was striking was that Papa was very relaxed and appreciative of the direction. He did not speak like someone who was not getting on with the coach or who wanted out of the club.

Winning builds happiness.
Yes he looks happy.
The whole team looked happier and played that way.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sid wrote:
BJ wrote:Also on the Rapa no try. The Broncos player grabbed Rapana by the shirt, why isn’t Raps allowed to push him away.
Because the bunker **** that one up, hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Good point Sid. This somehow didn’t cross my mind as a possibility. Image
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Nickman * checks notes* wrong again pal
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

Brings a smile seeing jordy bang the lid and lead the team song
And on his disallowed try at the end.
I chuckled when I saw him make sure both his feet were back in the field of play before he pounced on the ball.
If it’s this year or next I want him to score one more outrageous try that only he can do.
lomax
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by lomax »

Overall a good performance. Matt T was great, and BS had some good moments. But our forwards continue to struggle to provide quick play the ball, they make yards but get dominated on the ground leading to slow play the balls. Sia got a quick PTB which lead to the CHW try. We need more of that from our middle 3 if we are to make opposition defenses worry.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Watched the match highlights again on the Footy Show. That 'round the corner' pass from Bailey to Valemei was sensational.
Not one of the Journo's thought the send off was the correct call. I thought it was accidental on CHN as he was falling but head contact is head contact.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Just watched the game, best 70 mins, last 10 got alittle sloppy but hey not complaining, a wins a win esp with a score like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kobe Hetherington faces fine after being sent off

Broncos forward Kobe Hetherington is facing a fine after being sent off during his side's loss to Canberra on Saturday night. Hetherington, who was sent from the field in the 60th, avoids any chance of suspension after only attracting a grade one charge. He faces a fine of $1150-$1500 unless he is successful at the judiciary.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/12/round-14-charges/

I guess that's about the least the MRC felt they could do. It should have been send off more than sufficient. There was actually no lack of care, it can hardly be described as careless.

No charges for the Raiders.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elcaptcroker wrote: June 13, 2021, 1:56 pm Just watched the game, best 70 mins, last 10 got alittle sloppy but hey not complaining, a wins a win esp with a score like that

To be honest, I was disappointed with it. The Raiders should have been piling on points against that Broncos team with just 12 men in that final 20 minutes. Turned out to be one try each. It's not like their for and against didn't need it.
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

greeneyed wrote: June 13, 2021, 2:15 pm
Elcaptcroker wrote: June 13, 2021, 1:56 pm Just watched the game, best 70 mins, last 10 got alittle sloppy but hey not complaining, a wins a win esp with a score like that

To be honest, I was disappointed with it. The Raiders should have been piling on points against that Broncos team with just 12 men in that final 20 minutes. Turned out to be one try each. It's not like their for and against didn't need it.
Very disappointed considering the swathe of possession that flowed the Raiders way in the second half