Elliott Whitehead

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Elliott Whitehead

Post by The Nickman »

Everyone else seems to be getting their own thread lately, let’s give Elliott one too!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Northern Raider »

Should we address the elephant in the room and talk about his captaincy?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Northern Raider wrote:Should we address the elephant in the room and talk about his captaincy?
I think it's a nice looking elephant. Am happy for it to stay

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: May 9, 2021, 9:31 am Should we address the elephant in the room and talk about his captaincy?
Well he’s 0/2.

Not good enough.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The capitulations in the second half certainly expose his lack of leadership. And did you see the way the match official dismiss him when he was arguing about a call and trying to challenge

Shows how little respect he commands with the men in the middle.

The team doesn’t respect or respond to him, the officials don’t either
What’s the point of him?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Elliott Whitehead

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote:The capitulations in the second half certainly expose his lack of leadership. And did you see the way the match official dismiss him when he was arguing about a call and trying to challenge

Shows how little respect he commands with the men in the middle.

The team doesn’t respect or respond to him, the officials don’t either
What’s the point of him?
Yeah, he certainly lacks the aura of a Cameron Smith or a Jarrod Croker out there, doesn’t he?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I don't believe that Elliot is at all a suitable name for a first grade rugby league player.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: May 9, 2021, 11:59 am I don't believe that Elliot is at all a suitable name for a first grade rugby league player.
Up there with Cedric in my book
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

He wasn'talone in taking the wrong option out there yesterday. What rankled was that when he should have gone for the try himself, he passed and vise versa.

As for the ref dismissing him, you could clearly hear the ref telling him he took too long to make a decision on whether to challenge and time was up.

Keep him on as co-captain when Croker comes back. Just leave the calls to Jarrod.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

T_R wrote: May 9, 2021, 11:59 am I don't believe that Elliot is at all a suitable name for a first grade rugby league player.
It's the major weakness in his game. I can't believe he's got away with it for this long. Opponents should look to exploit it.