36%
Bulldogs 13+
16%

Total votes: 25

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 10 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by bonehead »

Starling needs to get better ruck control when we're under the pump, needs to stop the 1 out runners

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

RedRaider wrote: May 12, 2021, 6:15 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 12, 2021, 8:28 am Good to have Ryan James back in the team. For whatever reason we seem the play better up the middle when he's on the field.
100% agree NR. Hopefully one of Papa and James is always on the field and sometimes both. They gain meters up the middle and that is a good platform for the 6, 7 and 9 to play off.
Hard to fathom why he was playing NSW Cup last week.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Old School Green wrote: May 12, 2021, 11:19 am I would suggest scene is set for a smokey re: Hodgo and Starling. Hodgo is a starter not really an impact bench player. Starling, like he did last year, off the bench to provide punch around tired middles. Makes more sense. However, sticky and 'sense' in relation to bench use of late don't seem to have anything in common.
Surely, surely that's the common sense move
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 12, 2021, 8:10 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 12, 2021, 8:28 am Good to have Ryan James back in the team. For whatever reason we seem the play better up the middle when he's on the field.
100% agree NR. Hopefully one of Papa and James is always on the field and sometimes both. They gain meters up the middle and that is a good platform for the 6, 7 and 9 to play off.
I still dont think we should have signed him, but i am happy to say he's won me over as a player
And whatever i think of what the signing was and where we should have better spent that money, he's here now and he should be in the 17 every week

I didnt mind resting him after the head knocks in consecutive weeks, that's the proper thing to do... but the construction of the squad is what it is and we should be playing our best 17. I did think he'd be in our best 17 but he is. And he should have been in the team last week
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Does anyone know why James only played 23mins in his last outing and never came back on? did that question ever get asked of the coaching staff by the press??
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Northern Raider wrote: May 12, 2021, 8:10 pm
Shouldn’t that prevent him from playing first grade this week? Or did the bubble thing not apply to us being away from Sydney?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Is anyone else genuinely scared about this game? If we lose this then that’s it, we lose all credibility from the last two years.

I’ve been the numb the past 5 weeks but have a hint of optimism we can turn it around and get some back to back wins especially with two crucial games coming up.

I really hope we win this game whether it’s gritty or a good performance.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: May 12, 2021, 9:04 pm Is anyone else genuinely scared about this game? If we lose this then that’s it, we lose all credibility from the last two years.

I’ve been the numb the past 5 weeks but have a hint of optimism we can turn it around and get some back to back wins especially with two crucial games coming up.

I no longer feel feelings anymore so no, I honestly couldn't be bothered. Would not surprise me at all if we lost.

In my mind at this point in time the season is a write-off.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I haven't had to drag out my rugby league philosophy as much in the past few years, but have done so in the past few weeks. It's just a game when you lose, it's everything when you win.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 12, 2021, 8:20 pm
Old School Green wrote: May 12, 2021, 11:19 am I would suggest scene is set for a smokey re: Hodgo and Starling. Hodgo is a starter not really an impact bench player. Starling, like he did last year, off the bench to provide punch around tired middles. Makes more sense. However, sticky and 'sense' in relation to bench use of late don't seem to have anything in common.
Surely, surely that's the common sense move
In general, I agree but I (1) Don't think it's a smokey this time and (2) Think it might actually be a good move.

I reckon Hodgo's deception and organisation of the middles might be exactly what we need in that period between the 35 and 70 minute marks when we have looked lost over the last five weeks.

Of course, this depends on Hodgo coming on at the right time - absolutely no guarantee that will happen - and that he'll be allowed to play dummy-half when he does - also not certain.

If it were me, I'd start Starling and then bring on Hodgo around the 30 minute mark to play the next 40 minutes. Then either replace Hodgo again or perhaps bring Starling on towards the end to run in tandem with him.

But, then again, I'd also play the middles with more balanced minutes, along the lines of: Papa 50 mins, Guler 40 mins, Young 40 mins, Lui 30 mins, James 40 mins, Horse 40 mins.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Last week I was 100% certain no team being led by PCrossland and KMann could trouble us.

And now I’m doubling down..

This week I’m 100% certain no team being led by BWakeham and JAverillo will trouble us.

AElliott on the other hand..is a stud.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote:Is anyone else genuinely scared about this game? If we lose this then that’s it, we lose all credibility from the last two years.

I’m worried we lose by 2 points and again we have a other week of excuses and not taking responsibility for it like last week
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

LastRaider wrote: May 13, 2021, 7:38 am
Dylan’s Raiders wrote:Is anyone else genuinely scared about this game? If we lose this then that’s it, we lose all credibility from the last two years.

I’m worried we lose by 2 points and again we have a other week of excuses and not taking responsibility for it like last week
I’m scared one of the dogs rubbish halves has a half decent game and is signed up as a starting 7 for us next year.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

-PJ- wrote: May 13, 2021, 6:47 am Last week I was 100% certain no team being led by PCrossland and KMann could trouble us.

This week I’m 100% certain no team being led by BWakeham and JAverillo will trouble us.

Absolutely.....just ask Michael Lichaa :woot:
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I wouldn’t say I’m genuinely scared about the game. There’s bigger things I’m scared of.

Whether we win or lose, my life will still be the same.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: May 13, 2021, 6:47 am Last week I was 100% certain no team being led by PCrossland and KMann could trouble us.

Except the Dogs don't have Kalyn Ponga.

....and Adam Elliott is a walking ****
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 13, 2021, 9:47 am

I wouldn’t say I’m genuinely scared about the game. There’s bigger things I’m scared of.

Clowns?
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I'm not emotionally invested this season anymore. We wont be able to compete with Storm or Panthers this year. We are way below their standard even if we turn things around. Too young, fast and strong for us.

Panthers beat Sharks by 48 points and it doesn't even make headlines.. while we struggled to beat the sharks and the only difference was goal kicking. They haven't lost in 27 regular season games or something.

If we lose to the Bulldogs we can officially forget about this season and tbh it might even be a good thing so we can rebuild instead of any false hope (which i am sure i will start to ride if that happens).

I will go as far to say that if we don't thump the Dogs by 30+ it's a bad result.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Agreed, in summary: we stink.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

benda wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:15 pm I'm not emotionally invested this season anymore. We wont be able to compete with Storm or Panthers this year. We are way below their standard even if we turn things around. Too young, fast and strong for us.

Panthers beat Sharks by 48 points and it doesn't even make headlines.. while we struggled to beat the sharks and the only difference was goal kicking. They haven't lost in 27 regular season games or something.

If we lose to the Bulldogs we can officially forget about this season and tbh it might even be a good thing so we can rebuild instead of any false hope (which i am sure i will start to ride if that happens).

I will go as far to say that if we don't thump the Dogs by 30+ it's a bad result.
Sad but true. We look so far off the pace of those two teams compared to last year. Hard to see it turning around. Ironically one of our best performances this year was our loss to the Panthers. We were actually on top till CNK got injured. They simply outgunned us late in the game. Since then it's been regular 2nd half capitulations.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: May 13, 2021, 10:57 am

Except the Dogs don't have Kalyn Ponga.

....and Adam Elliott is a walking ****
Baldy Hooper says we will win..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:18 pm Agreed, in summary: we stink.
I’m worried..season over.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-PJ- wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:47 pm
The season was over a fair while ago. We're cannon fodder. I have no faith in us doing anything of note this year.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:48 pm
The season was over a fair while ago. We're cannon fodder. I have no faith in us doing anything of note this year.
Yeah I think we’re cooked. On shear talent squad wise we could still play finals. And I only say that because..hey..eventually we’ll find our funk..and let’s be fair there’s so much **** behind us talent wise.

A loss this weekend and I’m selling all my possessions and walking into the desert to die alone..
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I bloody well hope we win. I am planning on going to five more NRL games this weekend following ours. I will enjoy them much more if we have got the two points.

At least in 2019 we were second last up and although we lost, the fact we ran the reigning premiers very close meant that I wasn't sitting there stewing during the final game.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Clowns?
Arachanecrophobia mainly
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 13, 2021, 1:07 pm

Clowns?
Arachanecrophobia mainly
Fear of dead spiders in high places?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

That's phobophobia fui.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-PJ- wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:51 pm
Yeah I think we’re cooked. On shear talent squad wise we could still play finals. And I only say that because..hey..eventually we’ll find our funk..and let’s be fair there’s so much **** behind us talent wise.

A loss this weekend and I’m selling all my possessions and walking into the desert to die alone..
Well we had plenty of talent (and more decent outside backs) 2017/18. Unfortunately, talent is only part of it.

PS can you take Nickman to die with you.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: May 13, 2021, 1:45 pm
-PJ- wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:51 pm

Well we had plenty of talent (and more decent outside backs) 2017/18. Unfortunately, talent is only part of it.

PS can you take Nickman to die with you.
I’ll only be carrying one water bottle and he ain’t getting any..
Luffto
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Pigman

Post by Luffto »

benda wrote: May 13, 2021, 12:15 pm I'm not emotionally invested this season anymore. We wont be able to compete with Storm or Panthers this year. We are way below their standard even if we turn things around. Too young, fast and strong for us.

I'm the same - the weekends second half capitulation was so expected I laughed through it.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

With those who have already somewhat mentally disengaged from this season.

Even at our best last year we were never anything more than a punchers chance and clearly below the likes of Storm and Panthers.

And then in 2021 we have continued our structural decline whilst those two teams in particular have continued to improved, leaving us in the dust.

We may as well start working towards 2022.
Up The Milk
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

afgtnk wrote: May 12, 2021, 9:16 pm
Dylan’s Raiders wrote: May 12, 2021, 9:04 pm Is anyone else genuinely scared about this game? If we lose this then that’s it, we lose all credibility from the last two years.

I no longer feel feelings anymore so no, I honestly couldn't be bothered. Would not surprise me at all if we lost.

In my mind at this point in time the season is a write-off.
Yep agreed.
Came in with high hopes...reality is we aren't a threat to win it this year.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

My sole focus is on 2022 and beyond and how we rectify this going forward.

It may be that the team turns it around and start putting in better performances. They probably wont but they may come home with a wet sail and look like the team that could threaten. They can't. And there really isn't anything they could put on the field to make feel differently.

This is now a season about figuring out exactly which spots in the back 5 we need to target as the priority... is it fullback and moving CNK? Is it a winger and centre? Is it two wingers? How do we get younger, better and faster in the back 5 without paying overs?

and we need to identify what we're going to at halfback.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I've never been so confident of a Raiders win in my 38 years of being a fan 👍